The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

• 2 weeks later...

That's him gone, Duncan Ferguson in temporary charge.

That's three abject failures in a row in terms of managerial appointments - really they've been varying degrees of shite since the winter of 2016/17 and even that was sandwiched between two extremely poor runs.  It begins to make me wonder who it is that's actually going to be able to fix things.  A return for David Moyes has already been rumoured, honestly don't know how that would go.  There's such a toxic feeling around the support at the moment, whoever it is that comes in is going to have to make an immediate improvement to the atmosphere around Goodison.  Some run of fixtures for whoever it is to come in to.

Interesting that David Unsworth has been left in charge of the 23s as opposed to being moved into the Caretaker's seat for a third time.

I never quite understood Everton's determination to appoint Silva in the first place. I've never been convinced by him at all, his teams can't defend; he reminds me of a higher calibre Jackie McNamara in that respect.

Similarly, I'm pretty sceptical of their apparent zoning in on Vitor Pereira - another journeyman with a fairly similar record to Silva before he pitched up on these shores.

Shame they burnt their bridges with Big Sam.

2 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

I never quite understood Everton's determination to appoint Silva in the first place. I've never been convinced by him at all, his teams can't defend; he reminds me of a higher calibre Jackie McNamara in that respect.

Similarly, I'm pretty sceptical of their apparent zoning in on Vitor Pereira - another journeyman with a fairly similar record to Silva before he pitched up on these shores.

Shame they burnt their bridges with Big Sam.

Should have kept him on, imho

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Shame on you, auld yin......Allerdyce is a dinosaur......and a bit corrupt to boot.
Great result for Everton today.
Fūck Chelsea........emoji41.png

Dunc does the business! :thumsup2

1 hour ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Shame on you, auld yin......Allerdyce is a dinosaur......and a bit corrupt to boot.
Great result for Everton today.
Fūck Chelsea........emoji41.png

When you get to a certain age dinosaurs are mildly attractive.

Everton wouldn't be in the pickle they're in if Allardyce had been kept on.

17 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

When you get to a certain age dinosaurs are mildly attractive.

Everton wouldn't be in the pickle they're in if Allardyce had been kept on.

I don't think they'd be substantially better off tbh. When you say they're in a pickle, I don't think it's realistic that they'll be down this end of the table at the end of the season. Regardless as to how badly his replacement fared, I still think it was the right decision to getrid of Allardyce.

What a performance and result yesterday, and amazing scenes from Big Dunc.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Another point. Duncan's the boy!

I always thought he was a bit of an idiot as a player, but he was always exciting to watch. Some commentator once described him going forward as "like a giraffe out of control!

Great to see the success he's getting with Everton as caretaker boss. I hope he gets the gig and brings his club back nearer where they belong.

17 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I always thought he was a bit of an idiot as a player, but he was always exciting to watch. Some commentator once described him going forward as "like a giraffe out of control!

Think that's a bit harsh. He was a very decent player. 

2 hours ago, Dele said:

Think that's a bit harsh. He was a very decent player. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Yeah. The giraffe thing was Doddie Weir, was it not?

Duncan Ferguson was terrific player. Absolutely batshit mental, but very gifted.

Don't get me wrong - I loved the guy. He had an amazing touch for such a big guy.

Unfortunately he'll probably be best remembered (in Scotland) for going to jail for the head butt incident involving John McStay of Raith Rovers. 

This was a great tribute to Big Dunc at the time from Joe Royle shortly after he signed for the Toffees.

As Ferguson was taken away by prison van to Glasgow's Barlinnie jail, his club said he was the victim of a "witch-hunt". Everton manager Joe Royle attacked the decision as "incredible", adding: "We are all amazed and stunned and can't really believe, in a society that seems dedicated to keeping people out of prison, that we are putting away a young man who is in a good job and is no danger to society."

Everton would give him its "fullest support" and Ferguson would remain a hero to the Merseyside club, the manager said. "Anyone who knows him will tell you he is a very pleasant young man. He is no bad lad at all. He has been guilty sometimes of stupidity, but mostly immaturity. We all see events on football pitches every week and they are a lot worse than what Duncan now finds himself imprisoned with hardened criminals for," added Royle.

I'm a raith fan, and I'll never bear any ill will to Ferguson. I had a smile on my face when I saw him celebrating with the ball boys against Chelsea. Why?? Because he showed passion and heart, which Is great to see.