The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Absolutely disgraceful refereeing performance. Shawcross belongs in a fcking wrestling ring.

I thought it was six and half a dozen really, both teams doing it. Though I only saw the second half. Commentators seemed very influenced by Everton fans reactions. I thought the booing of Sorensen was pretty scummy to be honest.

I thought it was six and half a dozen really, both teams doing it. Though I only saw the second half. Commentators seemed very influenced by Everton fans reactions. I thought the booing of Sorensen was pretty scummy to be honest.

You can't be serious. You just can't.

You can't be serious. You just can't.

I usually hate everything Robbie Savage says, but as I watched MotD2 last night he seemed to be talking in stereo with me. The Huth penalty incident was a non-incident. Shawcross on Fellaini was nothing more than handbags and Fellaini was all over him too.

I thought 4 points from the Bolton & Stoke matches was achievable, particularly after beating Bolton. Better losing to Stoke than Bolton I suppose, our home record this season is atrocious.

That was a truely shocking game on Sunday ; both teams were absolutely garbage.

Stoke's gameplan of wrestling Everton's players at all costs worked well as that useless twat Lee Mason let them away with it. The officials were dreadful - two particular memorable incidents were Seamus Coleman being scythed down on the touchline right in front of the linesman, which was missed and a corner awarded, as well as a Jagielka through ball being deflected by two Stoke players for a corner, only for a goal kick to be given. Absolute shite.

That said, we were awful. Once they got in front, things were too comfortable for them. We had plenty of possession but didn't do much with it. The pace of the game was simply too slow and our final ball more often than not was woeful. Too many players were off form - I thought Baines had a shocker, Osman didn't contribute much in midfield and Cahill for the most part was like playing with a man down. That hurts me to say as I love Cahill.

Velios up front worked hard but didn't have much in the way of support or anything to work with, while Fellaini looked frustrated as he tried to move the team forward but nothing was happening around him. Bily at least also looked to create something.

Absolutely dire stuff. The tribute to Gary Speed before the game though was really well planned by the club - massive well done to Everton and everyone in the ground for that.

Well a point's a point I suppose, particularly when it looked like null points for so long! According to the BBC stats Norwich had only 1 attempt on target. :o

With Wolves, Blackburn & Bolton all losing, 1-1 isn't a disaster.

Well a point's a point I suppose, particularly when it looked like null points for so long! According to the BBC stats Norwich had only 1 attempt on target. :o

With Wolves, Blackburn & Bolton all losing, 1-1 isn't a disaster.

I was watching it along with the Newcastle game. Everton totally dominated the match and they will be kicking themselves that they didn't win. A late goal is always welcome though.

Royston Drenthe really made the difference. Outstanding player, so having him back fit will be a huge boost.

Stracqualarsi (or however you spell it) also done really well when he came on and made a nuisance of himself.

For Norwich, Ruddy had a belter in goal and Russell Martin put in a cracking performance.

Some old news, but apparently we are favourites to sign Cliftonville striker Rory Donnelly. There's been talk of him as this "wonderkid" and Liverpool were also reportedly interested in him as well, along with several other clubs. link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16291885.stm

Don't know what to make of this really. He's not the answer to our striking problems at the moment, but certainly one for the future should we succeed with the bid.

On another note, I hear that Bristol City's Nicky Maynard will be available in the January transfer window. Could he be the answer? Can we even afford him?

Only just noticed this thread. Went along to Goodison for the Norwich game last week. Wasn't the best of games but a really good atmosphere.

Although Everton had. More of the ball, I felt a point was fair as they just didn't do enough with it. Osman was outstanding and fully deserved his goal and Drenthe looked a real threat when he came on, don't know If he could sustain that for 90 mins though. Fellaini, heitinga and Baines were all really poor. As for Norwich, Holt and Morison were excellent but Hoolahan was hopeless.