The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Oh, I'm not worried about that game! :whistle

:lol:

Would also like to add that today's attendance was pretty poor - 31,576 at the game. Last season we would have had at least 34,000. Hopefully this result along with some good performances in our next games can bump this figure up.

:lol:

Would also like to add that today's attendance was pretty poor - 31,576 at the game. Last season we would have had at least 34,000. Hopefully this result along with some good performances in our next games can bump this figure up.

Was at the Villa game last week and it was only around 32k. To be fair though, Villa's away support was shite in number, as was Wigan's today I would imagine.

I felt we played really well last week and should've had the game won, but pleasing to get a win today and get the first home win of the season. I caught the second half online after getting home from East End and it seemed a bit scrappy, but what a header from young Velios - hopefully that'll send confidence surging through him. And Royston getting the 3rd on the counter attack :D He came on last week and did well and I think if we can keep him fit he could be a good signing. Denis got the final 10 or so and looked strong enough on the ball.

We got lucky as Wigan smashed the bar after it went to 2-1, but I'm delighted with the result. As said, difficult games coming up but nothing to fear from West Brom in the Carling Cup, while we've got a good record away to Citeh in recent seasons. We should be relishing the challenge rather than fearing it. The derby will take care of itself, too.

I still think reinforcements will be needed in January, but pleased with the win today.

Always had a soft spot for the Toffees since I was down in Liverpool when my dad worked down there.

Went to go and have a look at Anfield. Was about £25 for the stadium tour. Waited around for ages only to discover that it was sold out for months.

So we popped round to Goodison and were allowed to walk straight through onto the side of the pitch for free. The staff there were absolutely top notch and just summed up the difference between them and Liverpool. 'Peoples club' indeed!

Never sure about this 'we' business when talking about English teams but 'mon the toffees anyway.

I can also relate to their financial frustrations. Tight fucks.

Always had a soft spot for the Toffees since I was down in Liverpool when my dad worked down there.

Went to go and have a look at Anfield. Was about £25 for the stadium tour. Waited around for ages only to discover that it was sold out for months.

So we popped round to Goodison and were allowed to walk straight through onto the side of the pitch for free. The staff there were absolutely top notch and just summed up the difference between them and Liverpool. 'Peoples club' indeed!

Never sure about this 'we' business when talking about English teams but 'mon the toffees anyway.

I can also relate to their financial frustrations. Tight fucks.

I thought that they had no choice but to keep the money gained from transfers? God knows how a team in the premiership can go into financial troubles with the amount of money being thrown about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking increasingly likely that McFadden will be signing for Everton again today!

Can't make my mind up whether this is a good signing or not. I'll always love the guy for the goals he's scored for Scotland but he hasn't played in a long time, and wasn't exactly superb in his last spell with the club!

Been reading Blue Kipper and the signing is splitting the fans - it seems some are happy enough to have him back as he's on a free, but many are not pleased at it, considering they feel he wasn't good enough first time round.

Kenwright is getting it in the neck again, as we're selling players yet going back for players deemed "not good enough". I'm fairly happy with it, provided he isn't on a massive wage and can stay injury free, as he gives another option and hopefully he'll come back with a point to prove.

However, I would think he'll have been signed to boost squad numbers as surely the likes of Drenthe, Barkley and Velios et al should get their chance in the team ahead of him.

Some of you lot aren't that bad. Andy Burnham is my new favourite Toffee.

That said, still can't believe you can afford the transfer fee for McFadden. That equals your most expensive signing in years.

You are simply hilarious.:rolleyes:

I'm happy to have him at the club, the mans a legend. But I just don't see him cutting it tbh, there's a bit of competion there for him to get games. Would be a wonderful thing for him to regain some form and get a regular place in the team.

It's a reassuring thing that Everton seem to have the knack this season regards late goals. That must be at least 7 points gained with goals in the 90th minute and after, quite a record.

Haven't seen the highlights yet, but I'd like to think the defence might have tightened up a bit after the series of six yard box debacles that befell our visit to Stamford Bridge.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem for Everton is that due to our lack of strikers (as has been the situation for a few seasons now), we're going to struggle for consistency.

Saha is decent when on-form, but he both isn't on-form often enough, or is injured too often. Signing McFadden is a sensible piece of business at the moment, given that he's come in on the cheap, but solving our goalscoring problems, he won't.

I had heard the rumours about a possible takeover of the club from an Indian company. Today it is reported that takeover talks are ongoing with a number of individual groups and companies.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15653928.stm

Now, as much as we need investment, this concerns me. Look at Blackburn and the Venky company. It's a bit of a shambles. I would be horrified if the same thing happened at Everton. I'm also worried about the desire of the board to invest in a new stadium, because I love Goodison Park. Surely if we got someone rich enough we could develop Goodison and remain at our spiritual home.

I can understand the wish to remain at our spiritual home of Goodison Park, but if we're to progress as a club the way we aim to, moving is pretty much required.

If you look at the more modern stadia in the Premiership, Goodison doesn't really compare. As much as I think Goodison is terrific and the atmosphere is electric in the Gwladys Street End, I think moving is a big step in the right direction for the club to progress.

The problem for Everton is that due to our lack of strikers (as has been the situation for a few seasons now), we're going to struggle for consistency.

Saha is decent when on-form, but he both isn't on-form often enough, or is injured too often. Signing McFadden is a sensible piece of business at the moment, given that he's come in on the cheap, but solving our goalscoring problems, he won't.

Definitely. I was at St James' last weekend and we didn't play too badly in the first half - if Saha's shot off the post or one on one went in, it'd be a different game. Rodwell's goal should've given us the impetus to take things on in the second half, but we had pretty much zero creativity and Saha looked more and more isolated as the game wore on. We never looked like getting anything.

Velios, when fit, should be playing IMO. Has offered more out of any of our strikers. Big Denis seems like the complete stereotypical "panic buy" signing as well, given he rarely features. Waste of time and wages.

I can understand the wish to remain at our spiritual home of Goodison Park, but if we're to progress as a club the way we aim to, moving is pretty much required.

If you look at the more modern stadia in the Premiership, Goodison doesn't really compare. As much as I think Goodison is terrific and the atmosphere is electric in the Gwladys Street End, I think moving is a big step in the right direction for the club to progress.

Probably, but the problem we've got is where we're going to move to. I'm not an expert, but I can't imagine there's much in the way of spare land in Liverpool for us to build a new stadium.

What needs to happen though is new investment and ideas at boardroom level. Lets not forget, the current lot are ones who ballsed up spectacularly with both the Kings Dock and Kirkby projects.

What needs to happen though is new investment and ideas at boardroom level. Lets not forget, the current lot are ones who ballsed up spectacularly with both the Kings Dock and Kirkby projects.

And thankfully IMO, especially with the Kirkby project, what an utter joke that was.