The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

That's not what it says. The badge will be changed for next season (presumably they're too far down the line to reverse it now) but will most likely revert to the current badge for the following season following more extensive consultation.

I said the badge will be replaced next summer which is what you've basically said as well :rolleyes: I never stipulated if it would be a brand new design or back to the previous version though so don't really get the point of your post to be honest.

I don't think he'll get much more than Moyes would. If anything I'd imagine Martinez will work under a sell to buy system like we have done before. And yes I am concerned Mo will take these players, more so Baines because Leighton Baines is a wonderful player and the coolest guy in football. I will be gutted if he goes. Fellaini not so much, but would still be disappointed. A top half finish would suffice.

I'd actually be quite surprised if Moyes tries to sign Baines. He's already got Evra to play there and Buttner as a back up so I doubt he'd need Baines. Likewise I'd prefer if he took Fellaini, he'd command a good fee and would probably be easier to replace than Baines would, although obviously I'd prefer he stayed. On an entirely unrelated note, I hope Bryan Oviedo gets a bit more game time next season. I don't know if he's been injured or just hasn't been playing but I'd like to see him given a chance.

It should be noted as well that it's far from certain that Martinez will get the job. SSN are saying that Ralf Rangnick has been interviewed and Vitor Pereira is also supposedly a potential candidate.

I agree with this. Some Wigan players however I would be happy to see join the club, Mcmanaman and Maloney for example.

Both of those would be pretty shit signings for a club like Everton. Maloney has had a good season, but he's 30 and isn't going to improve Everton in either the short or long term. McManaman has looked lively in a couple of games but despite the hype he looks a pretty standard pacey wide player who is effective for a few months and then becomes pish once defenders realise what he is about.

Kone scored more goals for a relegated side last season that Anichebe or Jelavic managed for a team with european aspirations.

Undoubtedly Everton were undone in their European aspirations (again) due to the lack of a consistent goalscorer, and like most other EPL teams that'll be a priority in the summer transfer window - but I just really don't rate Kone as a pro. Good player, lots of talent - but I've never seen any striker walk about the pitch so much in the closing stages of a relegation battle.

I said the badge will be replaced next summer which is what you've basically said as well :rolleyes: I never stipulated if it would be a brand new design or back to the previous version though so don't really get the point of your post to be honest.

Apologies I misread your post. Would be surprised if they did anything other than revert to the badge currently being binned.

Good to see the club have taken note of the fans' fury regarding crest shambles.

As for the new manager, I doubt he'll have much more money to spend than what Moyes would've had - it'll probably be a case of needing to sell to raise more cash. But some of the tabloids have claimed Fellaini wants to stay, so we'll see.

If it's Martinez, I wouldn't be upset if he went for McCarthy (probably outwith the club's price bracket) and / or Maloney and McManaman. I wouldn't really feel anyone else from Wigan would improve the squad.

Ralf Rangnick (former Schalke coach) is being linked now, and is being linked with a Director of Football role with Vitor Pereria coming in as manager. Interesting.

Everton have interviewed Klopp for the vacant managers job...not Jurgen the Borussia Dortmund coach...but his younger brother Klipperty...

:lol: I genuinely guffawed at that

This club crest uproar is hilarious. Talk about massive toy-throwing overreactions. It's a fucking logo ffs!

Will be surprised if the hippy fullback and the afro midfielder aren't off over the summer.