The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

See this Lennon chat? It sickens me. Why he is in the running i do not know. It's a disgrace, the man is a horror. The Everton job is a big one, a very big one. Whoever gets it should be who Moyes would say is the right man because after 10 years at the club I think its his job to do so. That man is not Lennon though, and I dont think it will be.

If Mark Hughes gets the gig I'll be straight down the bookies to put a few quid on him being punted before the end of the 2013/2014 season.

Wonder if Rafa would be interested in it?

See this Lennon chat? It sickens me. Why he is in the running i do not know. It's a disgrace, the man is a horror. The Everton job is a big one, a very big one. Whoever gets it should be who Moyes would say is the right man because after 10 years at the club I think its his job to do so. That man is not Lennon though, and I dont think it will be.

I think Martinez is pretty much a cert if they agree terms, Lennon could end up at Stoke as Pulis will probably go at the end of this season.

Out of interest, does anyone know what Everton and Celtic's wage budgets are like in comparison?

After 10 years with David Moyes, and all the dignity that he presents himself with - I'd be disappointed if Everton went for Neil Lennon. Not as disappointed as I'd be with horror choices O'Neill, Rafa or Harry though.

I'd like to see how Slaven Bilic could do in England, he performed very well in international football and seems to be doing ok with Lokomotiv. Failing that, possibly Malky Mackay?

When Moyes goes he will take Baines with him.

Tear stained post to follow later.

:lol: It's not the end of the world, we will survive. Would be a laugh if the new manager won the League Cup/FA Cup next season! :thumsup2

If Mark Hughes gets the gig I'll be straight down the bookies to put a few quid on him being punted before the end of the 2013/2014 season.

Get some solid money on the stadium being burnt down as well.

Just saying like.

I've been looking at a few English forums and seen shouts for Pellegrini, Vitor Pereira of Porto or Rene Girard of Montpellier. In amongst the standard Rafa, RDM and Laudrup.

Could be interesting. I still think Steve Clarke would be the best choice.

Moyes came from a Championship team.

With due respect to this being true, Everton's position at that point was trying not to get relegated rather than trying to get back into the Champions League and reinforce their dominance over Liverpool.

With due respect to this being true, Everton's position at that point was trying not to get relegated rather than trying to get back into the Champions League and reinforce their dominance over Liverpool.

And the previous manager came from where and inherited what?

End of an era.

Moyes has done brilliantly for Everton - he's turned the team from relegation battlers into consistent top 7 material. The one negative is the performance in cup competitions, which could've been better.

He goes with my best wishes, but I don't envy him taking on the United job. I think there will be player movement in the summer, but Manchester United have never before even made an enquiry about Baines. That will probably change in the summer, and I'd expect Fellaini to also be away.

As for replacements, I'd take either one of Martinez, Laudrup or Clarke. This will be as critical an appointment for the club as Moyes himself was when he took over from Walter Smith.

End of an era.

Moyes has done brilliantly for Everton - he's turned the team from relegation battlers into consistent top 7 material. The one negative is the performance in cup competitions, which could've been better.

He goes with my best wishes, but I don't envy him taking on the United job. I think there will be player movement in the summer, but Manchester United have never before even made an enquiry about Baines. That will probably change in the summer, and I'd expect Fellaini to also be away.

As for replacements, I'd take either one of Martinez, Laudrup or Clarke. This will be as critical an appointment for the club as Moyes himself was when he took over from Walter Smith.

Maybe even more so

A lot of Everton fans seem quite keen on Lennon, which I find bizarre. Dreadful as a manager, and as a man.

They don't see enough coverage to know what a gimp he is. He sells himself with back to back titles and mainly his Champions League exploits. He isn't getting any credit for winning the league this year (and rightly so) so unless he can repeat his European success with another CL last 16 or Europa League semi his stock will go down.

No one knows if Lennon is a dreadful manager and we will never find out while he is at Celtic, I don't think he will get the Everton job but he will be looking for an opening in the top 5-12 in the EPL