The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Pretty shocked to see Cahill go. Especially to the MLS. He's only 32 so he has still got a good few years in him at the EPL level surely.

Wonder what prompted the sale of him. Be a big miss to Everton I reckon.

Will be a big miss but hasn't been the same player over the last year - 18 months, plus he has had some injury concerns.

That being said, I'd rather have kept him.

Freeing up more wages to seal a Pienaar deal?

I've just watched the Cahill tribute video on the Everton FC website and it brought a slight tear to my eye. Tim Cahill is an Everton legend, although his powers have been on the wane over the past year or so. Good luck to him in New York.

Pretty shocked to see Cahill go. Especially to the MLS. He's only 32 so he has still got a good few years in him at the EPL level surely.

Wonder what prompted the sale of him. Be a big miss to Everton I reckon.

apparently him going for so cheap was to help smooth negotiations for Donovan.

Will be a big miss but hasn't been the same player over the last year - 18 months, plus he has had some injury concerns.

That being said, I'd rather have kept him.

Freeing up more wages to seal a Pienaar deal?

I agree - but when he was out of the side/off form we kept waiting for him to come back/recover form - now he is away we can't say "When Cahill comes back...". Might rejuvenate the team. Anyway, he's gone!

• 2 weeks later...

Basically the same as above, except there's sound.

Moyes didn't seem too happy the fans went on the pitch in his interview on the site, they did have 'When Hibbo scores, we riot' on the poster advertising the game though.

Always liked Everton as a club,son was invited down years ago and played in a tournament in the Midlands for them along with Rooney,made very welcome and though it never came to anything always look out for their result hen they play.

Genuine question, what is it that Rodwell does well? I cant really recall much gametime watching him play so I dont even know what type of midfielfer he is apart from usualy central? Media darling springs to mind.

Absolutley no loss at all imo, especially with Ross Barkley emerging.