The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Disgraceful performance which deserved nothing. Not even that Baines free kick going in would've made me any happier.

Cahill and Saha both need a huge boot up the arse. Neville, Hibbert, Gueye, and Stracqualursi can just fck off. Dreadful.

Donovan had a decent first half and looked like he'd never been away. Much quieter second half though.

Disgraceful performance which deserved nothing. Not even that Baines free kick going in would've made me any happier.

Cahill and Saha both need a huge boot up the arse. Neville, Hibbert, Gueye, and Stracqualursi can just fck off. Dreadful.

Donovan had a decent first half and looked like he'd never been away. Much quieter second half though.

Fair comment. Saha is a steamin' pile of shite, he is simply awful. He won't be with us next season that's for sure. Why was he even on? I would have Vellios or even big fat Anichebe on in place of him, but are they unfit? Donovan was the only one that looked sharp, and Osman. Will be a bitter blow if Osman, Rodwell and Jags are out for a while.

Edited by jamamafegan4

0-0 so far, is this going to be another home shocker? :(

:( You'd think by the time you get to my age you'd be immune to these sort of results. :(

Little point in beating West Brom and losing to Bolton.

Jags is out for 6 weeks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16444441.stm

Massive blow for the team. So many injuries at the moment. Before I was hoping for, at a push, a European slot if we started getting the results. But now i'm genuinely worried about where we'll finish. Tottenham could tear us apart next Wednesday.

Darren Gibson being lined up for a transfer.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/16524150.stm

Gibson's a decent player in my eyes, could be a good signing. Need to focus more on a striker IMO though.

I would have thought that myself. Oh for a Joe Royle Mark 11! :)

Darren Gibson being lined up for a transfer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16524150.stm

Gibson's a decent player in my eyes, could be a good signing. Need to focus more on a striker IMO though.

I'm not sure about him. He's never really impressed me when I've seen him play for United. Though we do need new players in, and agree that we need a striker.

Disappointing result last night, but Spurs are playing very well so no disgrace losing there. I see Distin went off with an injury - if we lose him for a period of time, then all I'll say is simply f**k!

Big game at Villa on Saturday.

I'm not sure about him. He's never really impressed me when I've seen him play for United. Though we do need new players in, and agree that we need a striker.

Disappointing result last night, but Spurs are playing very well so no disgrace losing there. I see Distin went off with an injury - if we lose him for a period of time, then all I'll say is simply f**k!

Big game at Villa on Saturday.

Fair enough. To be honest I don't really know for sure how good he is, only seen him play a few times. As for the Spurs game, well I won't complain - I'm just thankful it wasn't a hiding. I never knew Distin got injured. That's a huge worry.

He (Gibson) seems to be a decent player and highly-rated by most, so in a way, it's a positive addition.

Although as the last few people on here have said, I'd have liked to be making a new striker a bigger priority.

I'll go out on a limb here and state that we'll be fine this season, with a mid-table finish, so I'd like to see us plan forward a bit. I'd like to see us get rid of a bit of the deadwood, and make a quality striker our main target for the summer. That and another centre-half as competition for Distin and Jagielka.

I think you're spot on mate, we should be fine for mid-table mediocrity. At least Gibson is a fresh face, so as ever with anyone wearing the jersey, he'll have my full support and hopefully he'll turn out to be a fine piece of business.

We definitely need address the striking situation - Velios, while I think has the potential to become a good player, is still quite raw and as for Saha, well, he's been pretty disappointing so far this season to put it mildly. Even a loan move until the end of the season while looking for reinforcements to bring in in the summer would be good.

We also need cover at the back - hopefully Distin's injury isn't going to be a long one but if we lose either him or Jags, or indeed both, we really are short on cover at the back. The most experienced CB left is Heitinga.

Going down on saturday! Better be better than the last game I was at, scudded 4-1 by west brom last season.

Blackburn have looked better recently and generally do better away but im confident.

Thank christ the Yak is out, as he was a certainty to score.

This will still be a difficult game - Blackburn got a good result last week but they are inconsistent. I'd like to see Saha and Cahill benched - give Anichebe a start and we've got plenty of options in midfield.

See you in t'Elm? :D