The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Who cares about Everton? I do anyway and I'm sure some of you do too...:unsure:

Regardless if you do or don't, what is the outlook for this season? As money woes continue and players are sold, can the Toffees do better than last season? Another top half finish, Europa League maybe? Can we win a cup? Things are only going to get harder with the likes of Man City and Spurs getting stronger... We have a pretty strong squad as it stands but injury problems could strike with key players as they did last season.

No game today though so it looks like it's going to be QPR at Goodison next Saturday. Here's hoping for a fine season for the Blues!

A few signings would've been nice but there is a good team there.

The likes of Coleman (although he misses the start of the season) and Rodwell have came on leaps and bounds in the last year.

The key this season will be to keep Arteta and Saha fit obviously. Hopefully we'll see Arteta back at his best, and everyone knows Saha is a class act when he's fit.

Edited by garymcc1874

The likes of Coleman (although he misses the start of the season) and Rodwell have came on leaps and bounds in the last year.

The key this season will be to keep Arteta and Saha fit obviously. Hopefully we'll see Arteta back at his best, and everyone knows Saha is a class act when he's fit.

Yeah Coleman especially has developed significantly in the last year. It's a real shame he's out, they're saying he could be out for months. Arteta and saha when they're on top form are excellent players. Bit wary of our strikeforce though, I hoping Beckford can do the business this season - he did very well for his first.

Terrible result today. We got beat by a team who were away from home having just been pumped at home last week by of all teams, Bolton. Really disappointing. Next week its Blackburn away. I really will fear the worst if we fail to even pick up a point from them, but even then.

Could be in for a long season.

Has he? He's went from wonder kid to still not playing regularly and not even knowing what his best position is.

Fucking delighted. Blackburn were robbed by the sounds of things. We didn't deserve to win, but them failing to score 2 penalties is pretty shocking. Maybe they should have put Goodwillie on one...

Oh well, Arteta shows them how its done and hopefully this is the result that gets our season underway. :D

Fucking delighted. Blackburn were robbed by the sounds of things. We didn't deserve to win, but them failing to score 2 penalties is pretty shocking. Maybe they should have put Goodwillie on one...

Oh well, Arteta shows them how its done and hopefully this is the result that gets our season underway. :D

Robbed by the ref. Everton's goal was never a penalty.

I'd like to keep Beckford, but £4 million is a good price for someone we got on a free. Yon Argentine boy we're looking to sign will hopefully happen. BBC reporting we're in for Royston Drenthe as well.

We need to make sure we're adding bodies to the squad if we're accepting offers for some of them.

More rumours:

£10m from Arsenal for Arteta. No thanks. I'd rather keep him than receive a pitiful £10m when you consider he has 4 years left to run on his contract.

Arsenal also interested in Fellaini.

I hope we can hang on to him but if we lose Arteta, I can imagine Kenwright will have accepted the offer to get one of the highest earners off the wage bill.

Hopefully DM will tell the board to tell Arsenal to bugger off.

listening to scouse everton fans on talksport desperately begging for a billionaire to take them over has been tremendous recently.

they're not bothered who it is or where they're from they just want a sugar daddy. pathetic.

You wouldnt be interested if sheik ma tadger wanted to buy the well ?

You wouldnt be interested if sheik ma tadger wanted to buy the well ?

not really.

i like the level we're at developing players and having a stable core of guys who are committed to the club.

i'd also be uneasy about the full future of my club being dependent on someone who had no link to it.

£2m for Yakubu is pretty decent. He's not a great player and is absolutely infuriating to watch.

£4m for Beckford is great business but I'd have liked to see him stay. Fair enough, he didn't have a great first season in the PL but it was reasonably decent. It leaves Everton horribly short up front, especially when Saha picks up his inevitable injury.