The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

17 hours ago, centralTon said:

Big Dunc has got the Forest Green Rovers job.

He'll get a great reception when they meet at Goodison in the league next season...

(Unlikely, as FGR are also bottom of their division.)

Sean Dyche is apparently poised to be appointed Everton manager.

Probably the best choice - I don't think Bielsa is the sort of manager who can come in and save a team from relegation, he's got such an unique style.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Sean Dyche is apparently poised to be appointed Everton manager.

Probably the best choice - I don't think Bielsa is the sort of manager who can come in and save a team from relegation, he's got such an unique style.

Yeah I think so too.

It’ll actually be interesting to see how he plays and how he does. Burnley were awful to watch but they had pretty poor players and never seemed to have money to do anything, so I’m sure a lot of what he did was pragmatic, to keep them up kind of football. I’m not expecting him to be the next Guardiola but he might not be exactly the same as Dyche at Burnley either. 

On 30/01/2023 at 16:09, Jacksgranda said:

I think he's a better chance than Bielsa would have.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement...

Great start! And up to 17th! (If only temporarily.) Some good news from Goodison for a change. :thumsup2

Definitely a really positive performance although points of concern going forward:

- Whether the players can maintain that level of intensity for lower key games

- How adaptable is Dyche/this team in less transitional matches?

- What the f**k happens when DCL gets injured again as he was excellent and Maupay was shite?

I like Dyche and I'm interested in seeing how things pan out now that this bad group of players actually have a good manager. 

• 2 weeks later...

3 points more from the last 2 games than Lampard would have manged. Have to dig in and start winning now.

Should have changed manager after the World Cup break, could cost them dear.

Edited by Jacksgranda

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/02/2023 at 16:57, Jacksgranda said:

Yaaaaas! Big win that, with everyone else picking up points.

2 goals, 2 clean sheets and 6 points from Dyche's first 3 games. Not to be sniffed at.

It's all reverted back to normal.

Good/depressing watch this. Will be utterly tragic if the final season at Goodison is played out in the Championship. The only thing that could mildly soften the blow would be if Everton comfortably stormed to the Championship title and bounced straight back up but you wouldn't bet on that happening.

I am very excited for the new stadium. It's going to be an absolute cauldron. The design reminds me of Galatasaray's stadium. Again, it will not be ideal if the first season in that ground is played out in the Championship!

28 years without a major honour...hopefully the good times will return soon 😬

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64805130

2-2 at the City Ground. 3 points would have been better, but going by the report a draw was probably fair enough.

Anyway, better than a defeat.

I still think Everton have got more points since Lampard's departure than they would have had had he remained, although the tally isn't great.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

2-2 at the City Ground. 3 points would have been better, but going by the report a draw was probably fair enough.

Anyway, better than a defeat.

I still think Everton have got more points since Lampard's departure than they would have had had he remained, although the tally isn't great.

I don’t think you’d have got the points at Arsenal, that’s for sure. Since then thought, I don’t know that Dyche has had the impact I thought he would so far. You seem much of the same as when Lampard was in, Arsenal apart, or so I thought from what I have seen. 

No striker of any note, and still the same faces around who are not good enough at this level - Davies, Iwobi, McNeil (possibly improving), Coleman ( well past best), and I have been disappointed by Idrissa Gueye who looks too slow.

Patterson, DCL , Mina and Garner never available.

Lots of 1-0 wins required.

Fingers crossed