The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Think Tarkowski's more likely to be a Mina replacement. I like Mina (not perfect but probably the best CB for a wee while) however if Tarkowski can actually be available for most of the season then that makes him a better option.

Been screaming out for a centre-half that can play 35+ games a season and give us some consistency. Instantly makes the squad better for nothing, so a good signing. 

There is money to spend. Lampard will get the Richarlison money and there was already about the same amount in the pot. So around £100m available. The club isn't skint, it's just about negotiating the FFP minefield, but they've been in open discussion with the PL so know what they can outlay.

Obviously that amount takes the club back to FFP "borderline" if you like so may be a preference to not spend all that if possible and retain some credit for next year's balance by working in the frugal market of frees and cheap end of contract deals. 

2 hours ago, RawB93 said:

What are the blue bits on the back of the socks meant to be?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everton_Lock-Up

I’m sure you must have spent some time in one of these as was originally an overnight holding place where local drunks and criminals were taken by the polis.

It has been the central part of the Everton crest since 1938.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62041344

Duncan Ferguson leaves. Frank Lampard flexing his muscles?

Assuming Everton manage to avoid relegation this season (I'm not 100% convinced on that - I'd happily settle for 12th), I think there will be further changes off the park. Bill Kenwright will go, not this season but next, although if this takeover goes through he'll be away.

Edited by Jacksgranda

• 4 weeks later...

Quite like Dwight McNeil but not really a Richarlison replacement. Could work well with Calvert-Lewin though.

Seems a fair chance of Gueye returning. He was one of the best signings of the past few years, but he's also (probably) a homophobe so I'd be giving it a swerve.

Saw the end of Everton's friendly against Dynamo Kiev and a few mins before the end, they substituted this big Everton fan for Dele Ali. He runs on to the pitch and goes up to take a pen. It looked like absolutely nobody knew that was happening - funniest thing ever. The keeper let him score and everyone went and celebrated with him. It was wonderful and completely bizarre.

• 2 weeks later...