The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Aye, Lampard seems to have turned it around, which is to his credit as they looked devoid of confidence and competence a few weeks ago.

Pickford has been fantastic in the last few games and I've enjoyed his strutting and swaggering when he makes a big save. If he was Scottish he would be lauded by almost all on this forum.

The Everton fans are a good bunch, and I really want Patterson to be playing regularly against top opposition next season, so this is looking good.

A long 90 minutes, and it ends 0-0 at Vicarage Road. I'd have been delighted if offered 4 points before playing Leicester and Watford, even if they have come the "wrong" way round.

Leeds lose 3-0 to Chelsea, 3 more points might do it.

Bit of a comedown after the last two games, especially given Watford's starting XI, but nevertheless I'd have taken 4 points from those last two aways if offered beforehand so can't grumble too much. 

I'd have DCL in for Gray on Sunday and put Richarlison wide. That game was screaming out for a big man in the box last night for 75 mins, and by the time he came on Iwobi and Gordon were too tired to get into positions to cross to him. Need to be smarter to get these needed points for survival. 3 more does it I reckon

PXL_20220511_183723500.jpg

PXL_20220511_203628005.MP.jpg

That Arsenal result last night isn’t great by Everton perspectives. Had Arsenal won they would have sealed a Champions League spot, rendering their final game of the season against Everton rather meaningless. Now it will almost certainly go down to the last day with Arsenal needing a win. These two next games for Everton are absolutely vital. I said this a month or two ago but if Everton need points on the final day they are screwed.

7 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

That Arsenal result last night isn’t great by Everton perspectives. Had Arsenal won they would have sealed a Champions League spot, rendering their final game of the season against Everton rather meaningless. Now it will almost certainly go down to the last day with Arsenal needing a win. These two next games for Everton are absolutely vital. I said this a month or two ago but if Everton need points on the final day they are screwed.

While that is true, it's equally good that Spurs are not going to be on the beach against Burnley on Sunday. Although Leeds are the more likely dropper, it's still good there are other possibilities. Everton have every chance to sort this before the last day of the season and really shouldn't be relying on last day shenanigans again with 2 home games before that. I'm not too disheartened by the score last night. 

Leeds are so unpredictable and poor discipline has hampered them even further just recently. Honestly don’t see them beating Brighton on Sunday at home or Brentford away on the last day of the season (sadly). I think Everton are safe. Seems Frankie boy doesn’t have much support on this board, but don’t mind him at all, would be pleased for him to keep the Toffees up. They might not eventually need it, but feel certain that Burnley have at least one result left in them to make sure. It wouldn’t be any reward for the way that Alan Pace dismissed Sean Dyche though imo.

Spurs 1 Burnley 0. Don't think Burnley have anything to worry about, they'll get 4, if not 6, points from their last 2 games against Villa and Newcastle, leaving them on 38/40 points.

Leeds will get at least 3 points from their 2 remaining fixtures - probably today, against Brighton - leaving them on 37. Mind you, they could pick up points against Brentford, which could leave them on 38/40, too

Everton need to win their last 2 home games - no doubt, they will find some way of fucking it up...

Leeds 1 Brighton 1, late Leeds equaliser.

Everton need 3 points from 3 games, but they're not likely to get anything at the Emirates so need a win - preferably this afternoon!

14 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Leeds 1 Brighton 1, late Leeds equaliser.

Everton need 3 points from 3 games, but they're not likely to get anything at the Emirates so need a win - preferably this afternoon!

Fingers crossed.

4 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Spurs 1 Burnley 0. Don't think Burnley have anything to worry about, they'll get 4, if not 6, points from their last 2 games against Villa and Newcastle, leaving them on 38/40 points.

Leeds will get at least 3 points from their 2 remaining fixtures - probably today, against Brighton - leaving them on 37. Mind you, they could pick up points against Brentford, which could leave them on 38/40, too

Everton need to win their last 2 home games - no doubt, they will find some way of fucking it up...

F*** up nr 1...

On 10/04/2022 at 17:01, Jacksgranda said:

Everton would need to be safe when they pitch up at the Emirates on the last day of the season, as they won't be getting anything there. Meanwhile Burnley will entertain Newcastle, who will have nothing to play for.

I reckon the Toffees need at least nine points. Where from? Leicester City (H), Brentford (H), Crystal Palace (H). Maybe a bonus draw against Chelsea (H). Their horrendous away form precludes much hope, perhaps a draw at Leicester and/or Watford. Seems doable, particularly if you say it quick. Null points against Liverpool (A) and Arsenal (A). However, what are the chances of a team winning 3 out of 8, when they've only won 8 out of 30?

They also have to hope that Burnley don't pick up more than 11 points from WHU (A), Southampton (H), Wolves (H), Watford (A), Aston Villa (H), Spurs (A), Aston Villa (A) and Newcastle (H). I can see 4 home wins there, never mind anything away, so the Blues have no room for manoeuvre.

And Watford on 22 points aren't out of it with home games against both Burnley and Everton, although they have only 7 games left, but they also have Brentford and Leicester at home.

8 points from my forecasted 9 with one of those games not played yet.

Meanwhile Burnley have collected 10 with 2 games left. I fully expect them to get at least 3 points, so on course to exceed the "not more than 11" that I feared.

Needing Brentford to do the business next Sunday - by no means a certainty, particularly if up against 11 men and Everton have lost to Palace which would give Leeds hope - while the Toffees travel to the Emirates. Null points there.

Having to rely on other teams for survival never ends well.

So, yet another "must win" game against Palace to give a stress free last day. Can't see it, tbh.

Today has left me drained - 3 separate kick offs for 3 high profile games isn't good for my constitution at 70.

YAAAAAAAS - safety secured with one game to go.

Trust Everton to do it the hard way. Sore on the nerves that sort of carry on.

A lot of work to do over the summer to make sure next season is a lot better.

At least I can relax now.