The John Sweeney Appreciation Society

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been riddled with Sweeneymania for a long time now. I can't even remember who I was or what life was like before i got it.

I personally don't recognise the man I was before John came into my life. That man is dead.

• 2 weeks later...

Those blazers with the badge on them are horrible. This club ought to start taking pride in their appearance. First signing McGachie and now this

Reminds me of the old school blazers, where the badge was glued on instead of stitched.

Those blazers with the badge on them are horrible. This club ought to start taking pride in their appearance. First signing McGachie and now this

I was actually thinking that the other day; jaw-dropping levels of antiquated fashion sense.

Some head-hair in the boardroom wouldn't go amiss either.

Reminds me of the old school blazers, where the badge was glued on instead of stitched.

The chairman shouting: "Out the bags and on the backs!"

I was actually thinking that the other day; jaw-dropping levels of antiquated fashion sense.

Some head-hair in the boardroom wouldn't go amiss either.

Did you see Duffy's shirt and tie combination at the Rangers game? Horrific.

• 1 month later...

Undeniably one of the worst players ever to pull on a Clyde jersey since I started going to games. A "ball-winning midfielder" who can't pass, tackle or shoot and who actively hides from the ball when we have it. It shows how far we've fallen when garbage likes this gets two year contracts and a laughable player of the year award.

wrong x 8 :)

Take away the fact he's scored a few good goals and there's not anything wrong with what I've said there. Today just proved that when he was totally non-existent for 85 minutes. Still doesn't win tackles and he still can't pass the ball.

Take away the fact he's scored a few good goals and there's not anything wrong with what I've said there. Today just proved that when he was totally non-existent for 85 minutes. Still doesn't win tackles and he still can't pass the ball.

Suggest you take the Gavin Brown specs off and actually watch the game :wacko:

I know you're only saying that to save face David, I appreciate that you've dug yourself a hole with your criticism and now you've entrenched yourself in there. Don't worry though. I know that you - like the rest of us mere mortals - can only watch in awe as he cuts about the park like the fucking God that he is.

When was the last time a Clyde midfielder hit double figures in a season? Richie McCusker maybe?

I know you're only saying that to save face David, I appreciate that you've dug yourself a hole with your criticism and now you've entrenched yourself in there. Don't worry though. I know that you - like the rest of us mere mortals - can only watch in awe as he cuts about the park like the fucking God that he is.

When was the last time a Clyde midfielder hit double figures in a season? Richie McCusker maybe?

Stephen O'Donnell

Archived