The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have I missed something?

18 December 2015

oud.com/feed/odds-feed/getLadOdds.php?eventID=221381081&marketID=267703107&categoryID=8597〈=en

Greenock Morton face Raith Rovers in front of the Sky Sports cameras this weekend with manager Jim Duffy knowing his side haven’t won any of the last six meetings.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/spfl/scottish-championship/morton/morton-v-raith-ton-to-halt-poor-run-against-rovers.html

ETA.

Fucksake, I missed this bit.

The Ton are unbeaten in six heading into the tie, while Grant Murray’s men are winless in six.

Have I missed something?

18 December 2015

oud.com/feed/odds-feed/getLadOdds.php?eventID=221381081&marketID=267703107&categoryID=8597〈=en

Greenock Morton face Raith Rovers in front of the Sky Sports cameras this weekend with manager Jim Duffy knowing his side haven’t won any of the last six meetings.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/spfl/scottish-championship/morton/morton-v-raith-ton-to-halt-poor-run-against-rovers.html

Lazy, umm, "reporting " by someone who doesn't give a toss about what they're supposed to be reporting about.

ETA.

Fucksake, I missed this bit.

The Ton are unbeaten in six heading into the tie, while Grant Murray’s men are winless in six.

Did Mark Burchill write this?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-strugglers-livingston-sack-manager-7052826#rlabs=1%20rt$category%20p$6

LIVINGSTON pressed the panic button last night and sacked boss Mark Burchill after only a year.

Burchill has worked wonders on a shoestring at Almondvale

Burchill has been working with the lowest budget of any full-time team in the country and it is even less than relegation rivals Alloa, who are part-time.

He was given a remit to keep Livingston in the Championship this season and was on course to achieve his goal, even though he suffered a swingeing 40 per cent cut to his budget in the summer.

There was talk of this on our supporters club Facebook page. What I'd like to know is where they got any of the sources for this from. Livingston took our two best players from last year from us so I doubt they have a lower budget.

• 2 weeks later...

Paul McGowan talking about playing for Celtic when we scudded them 4-0 in Paisley a few years back seems to have caused some confusion as to where the game took place. One paper almost got there with New St Mirren Park but another was a mile away - almost literally - by saying it was at Love Street, where we hadn't played for over a year.

"Hibernian have signed Norwegian defender Niklas Gunnarsson on loan from Valerenga until the end of the season.

The deal for the 24-year-old, who was loaned to Swedes Elfsborg last year, is subject to international clearance.

Hibs, who are second in the Scottish Championship... "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35237484

uh, hello? words fail me,,,

• 2 weeks later...

Chick Young asked Peter Houston in his Falkirk-Hibs pre-match radio interview today if Nathan Austin would feature at any point.

Houston very diplomatically informed him that Austin would still be at East Fife until the end of season.

Predictably he knew more about old firm connected pair, Stokes and Thomson's transfer situations.

Chick Young asked Peter Houston in his Falkirk-Hibs pre-match radio interview today if Nathan Austin would feature at any point.

Houston very diplomatically informed him that Austin would still be at East Fife until the end of season.

Predictably he knew more about old firm connected pair, Stokes and Thomson's transfer situations.

I heard that. I thought Chick came over very amateurish there. It was actually worse than you describe. He hadnt a clue Falkirk had just signed a player for a fee. The question of his involvement today only arose after Chick was caught by surprise by the news of a signing whilst talking to Peter Houston. A basic minimum surely for the touchline reporter would be to have a quick check of the club website if not sites like this one before he turned up.

Possibly not the right thread but I just had Sportsound on in the car and the match reports were like listening in on a remedial English class - I doubt any of the ex-players featured actually wrote their match reports cause the level of English used to compile them certainly outshone the reading abilities that were used to read them out.

Possibly not the right thread but I just had Sportsound on in the car and the match reports were like listening in on a remedial English class - I doubt any of the ex-players featured actually wrote their match reports cause the level of English used to compile them certainly outshone the reading abilities that were used to read them out.

That wouldn't be Derek Ferguson would it?

How Derek Ferguson continues to get a gig each week is beyond me. He can barely read a script correctly never mind write one.

At least he's got good Old Firm connections though. That's the main thing.

Archived