The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

From bbc's report of today's game at Tynecastle

The visitors should have been ahead just minutes after the re-start but Derek Lyle blasted high over from four yards after goalkeeper Neil Alexander failed to hold a long-range Mark Milar effort.

It was offside as well anyway. :lol:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the BBC website yesterday:

Raith Rovers manager Grant Murray saw his men win their third game in a row after victories over Queen of the South and Alloa, and has not given up hope of a play-off place.

The Kirkcaldy side are four points behind fourth-placed Falkirk, who they visit next weekend.

Not sure whether to be more disappointed that we've done something to get a mysterious points deduction or that nobody told me until I read it on the BBC. I hope we can still remain safe from relegation now. :(

Today's match report on our win at Easter Road not only refers to us as "the Doonhammers" (AGAIN!) but also suggests that we got a result by "Copying the successful formula recently adopted by Rangers at Easter Road, the visitors lined up in a 3-5-2 formation".

If only we'd ever thought of playing a 3-5-2 formation earlier this season maybe we'd have had some success with it? Maybe we'd even have managed to take some points from the all conquering Hibs side earlier this season if we'd had Stuart McCall's tactics to copy.

You had a go at Spencey, so ask him.

However, if pressed on the matter I would have to side with the ginge.

I think it's a draw as both are shitholes, it's just that ther is more than one family DNA in cowdenbeath.

Oh and Dundee has no decent hairdressers. Evidenced by the ridiculous haircut if the ginger nut.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/spfl/pressure-all-on-rangers-for-play-offs-warns-queen-of-the-south-boss-205966n.125432695

"Queen of the South boss Andy Dowie"

Apparently Dowser snuck a promotion into his new contract.

That is poor. The BBC Scottish premiership page currently has its headline story as "Dundee sign Holt on pre-contract" .. with a picture of Chris Mitchell

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Roger Hannah of The Sun constantly last week referring to the Motherwell v Rangers tie as a 'play-off for promtion to the SPFL'.

Most of these guys are definitely doing it on purpose.

Michael Baillie - Daily star of Scotland

"Scotland lost 2-0 to Georgia on their last visit to Tbilisi and that ultimately cost them their place at Euro 2008. They only scraped a 1-0 win at Hampden in this campaign"

I watched that game from the Govan stand at Hampden.

Michael Baillie - Daily star of Scotland

"Scotland lost 2-0 to Georgia on their last visit to Tbilisi and that ultimately cost them their place at Euro 2008. They only scraped a 1-0 win at Hampden in this campaign"

I watched that game from the Govan stand at Hampden.

It was losing to Italy that cost us a place at Euro 2008, we would have been elliminated regardless of our loss in Tbilisi Gaz.

Archived