The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

Have to admit that Gordon Waddell writes a very fair article on Referee's pay in today's Sunday Mail. The Ref's are paid to enforce the Rules of Football which are the same irrespective of what division you are Refereeing in. Mind you if his team Falkirk ever get promoted to the Premiership his outlook will probably change.

He supports Falkirk when it suits him.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was behind him in the ticket queue at Grahamston the other week - I was going to Edinburgh but Gordon "I love Falkirk" Waddell was going to Hamilton West.

Footballers are paid according to their ability. Do referees really want to go down that road?

I'm pretty sure the Scottish refs would be pretty happy with that given that there are more of them at the elite level of football than there are Scottish players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I fear that there will be an enquiry.

http://www.eastfifefc.info/

East Fife 2 Berwick Rangers 3

East Fife: Millar, Mullen (McShane 69), S Smith, S Campbell, Moyes, Walker, Brown, K Smith, Austin (McAleer 78), Naysmith (Beaton 57), Barr Subs not used: Fleming, Maskrey, Falconer, R Campbell

Queens Park: Bald, Notman, Drummond, L Currie, Young, Tulloch, Gray (Hoskins 82), P Currie, Dargo, Willis (Gold 78), Lavery (Russell 87) Subs not used: Andrews, Fairbairn, Gold, Cameron

I suppose this is a relevant thread, albeit not the appropriate league, but according to Sky Sports News last night, Stuart McCall had resigned as manager of St. Mirren.

:1eye

STV have stated in their match report that Rangers have returned to the top of the table. They've been 3 points behind from the start.

As STV is predominantly West coast biased, perhaps they were referring to the fact they are iunablr to report any team not in Glasgow (read Govan) so perhaps it's the number of mind numbing reports about Sevco, and them being top of their 'Teams we have reported on' League?

As STV is predominantly West coast biased, perhaps they were referring to the fact they are iunablr to report any team not in Glasgow (read Govan) so perhaps it's the number of mind numbing reports about Sevco, and them being top of their 'Teams we have reported on' League?

Naw, STV are just shit at everything they do.

Scotland manager Gordon Strachan has no ­problem with Scotland fans booing Glasgow-born midfielders Aiden McGeady and James McCarthy in the game against the Republic of Ireland next week so long as it is done for purely football reasons rather than their choice not to play for the country of their birth. (The Herald)

Scotland manager Gordon Strachan believes ticket prices are too expensive to tell anyone attending next Friday's clash between Scotland and Ireland what to say. (The Scotsman)

Gordon Strachan has urged the Tartan Army to treat Aiden McGeady and James McCarthy like a pair of panto villains when the Everton midfielders face his Scotland side. (Daily Record)

From the BBC rumours page

• 2 weeks later...

Archived