The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-fc/dundee-keeper-compares-christian-nade-to-celtic-legend-john-hartson-1.249840

Also noticed this one in the other Courier article...

"Saturday’s game was Nade’s first start for the club and it was obvious he was keen to make an immediate impact".

I'm pretty sure he started at Falkirk in January?

I made the same mistake myself at first till I corrected it. To be fair his debut at Falkirk couldn't have been less memorable. He wandered around getting absolutely no support and got hooked to allow Twardzik on when Letheren was sent off.

Of course I've got the excuse that I don't get paid, and I was trying to get the report finished before the Perth Dees bus got home. Fast not beautiful (and never mind the odd embarrassing howler). That's our motto. Leigh Griffiths is the role model.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the BBC match report from the ICT - Dundee United cup tie, Ross County centre half Brian McLean came on as a substitute for Dundee United and missed a couple of chances.

Substitute Brian McLean twice fired over in the latter stages but United could not add a sixth, as they booked a place in one of next month's semi-finals at Ibrox Stadium.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26404295

• 3 weeks later...

The Daily Record report of the Sons Livi game yesterday was brilliant.....as usual

1st error: "Boss Murray (right)" that's a picture of Jack Ross, not Ian Murray

2nd error: "Garry Flemings shot was blocked by Ewings". No it wasn't Ewings plays for us, Jamieson was the Livi 'keeper

To top it all off an insightful quote from McGlynn that they would have had more chance of holding on if they still had 11 men. Surely he said something more newsworthy than that!

post-33799-0-80252800-1396180623_thumb.j

from Hugh Keevins in the Sunday Mail:-

When will Hibs and Hearts meet again in a league game after today?

The sarcastic say next season in the Championship.

The pessimistic wonder if the answer is never......

Then there are those who know :- in about 3 - 4 weeks Hugh.

I wonder if you would have got that wrong if it was Rangers and Celtic Hugh?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Either Dundee or Hamilton will win the Scottish Championship and automatic promotion on Saturday

Police have issued a plea to fans of Dundee FC not to mount a pitch invasion if their side wins the league.

The Dees could clinch the Scottish Championship title at Dens Park on Saturday against Dumbarton, and police have asked supporters to behave.

Fans have been warned not to bring smoke bombs or flares to the match, and were told that a pitch invasion could jeopardise the trophy presentation.

The match has sold out amid what the club called "unprecedented demand".

Dundee are two points clear of Hamilton at the top of the league and have a comfortable cushion of goal difference.

Even a draw against Dumbarton would be enough for the Dark Blues to win promotion to the Scottish Premiership, barring a nine-goal home win for Hamilton against already-relegated Morton.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-27221532

Grr

I've no idea who the photo is of but it's not Michael McGovern in today's Daily Record.

They also follow it up by saying "Falkirk travel to Alloa tomorrow"

Great news! Now, if Dundee head off to Dumbarton, we've got a chance....

Sky having a bit of a 'mare reporting our game last night

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/9300269/bob-mchugh-hands-queen-of-the-south-play-off-advantage-over-falkirk

Our goalkeeper Zander Clark was Nicky Clark in the first half, but managed to turn into Zander Diamond by the second half.

Also it was Andy Dowie who headed across goal for our first goal not Durnan.

Archived