The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

Yep, this. You can see he knows he's made a complete ricket and horror is dawning on him.

Not sure what's worse, the incompetence of someone writing a report that suggested three different teams were involved (I could almost have understood mentioning Livi since the game was there but no reason to include Falkirk in any discussion) or actually announcing the wrong winners. You wouldn't want to have been relying on that to tell you who won would you!

I saw that at the time - they cut back to the studio after the weather and he quickly corrected the f'ck up ...

There would have been folk dancing round living rooms thinking their coupons were up :P

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Extremely insensitive journalism in today's Daily Record to use the headline "Lennon's ultimate sacrifice" on the back page whilst the front page story was the three soldiers killed in Afghanistan yesterday.

Extremely insensitive journalism in today's Daily Record to use the headline "Lennon's ultimate sacrifice" on the back page whilst the front page story was the three soldiers killed in Afghanistan yesterday.

Spot on, very classy from the Weegie media and Anthony Haggerty.

Front page aside, maybe he can explain to us how Celtic not trying a leg in meaningless games for the next few weeks is the "ultimate sacrifice"? I personally think Phil Collins was more accurate.

Or maybe it Is just a case of we need to write something about both halves of the old firm on every back page so this thrown together drivel will do.

This week's Falkirk Herald has a picture of 2 players "modelling the new kits for season 2012/13"

Seems strange to bring out a new kit for just 1 game.

That's what big clubs do.

Celtic have been bringing out the same home kit for decades and selling it as 'this seasons'

From The Scottish Sun reporting on De Yoot Cup Final

Allan Smith hauled the Pars briefly back into contention with a header from a well-worked move, only for Celtic sub Denny Johnstone to restore the two-goal margin with his first touch of the game

Header? Really?

Booo fucking hooo! Don't be so precious.

And don't read shite like the Daily Record.

The standard of Sky's journalism has been getting shiteier and shiteier. As long as they can run 300 stories on Fergie's retirement and pump billions in to the EPL that's all that matters, right?

They obviously didn't have anyone there to take in the game. Why even bother attempting to write a match report? And why use a picture of a Kilmarnock ball?

This chap may or may not be a journalist, in the New Brig at Duloch this chap spouted that Forfar were down to seven men and the whole affair would be sorted out by next Saturday, I hope the c**t gets food poisoning.

Ceefax (or whatever they call it nowadays) showed Forfar as having two men sent off while it was only one. That supposedly fine institution, the BBC, regularly do this sort of thing. You can hardly rely on their updates but nobody is ever held to account and the mistakes continue. If it is the fault of the Press Association then the BBC should find a different source.

The BBC match report...

I remember Ryan Thomson running into the box and dinking it over Hill yet

"The Pars went on to add a second through Ryan Thomson's 20-yard strike"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22476068?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I've heard a few Partick fans texting or emailing in Radio Scotland when they're talking about playoffs saying that the last time Partick were in the SPL they were relegated via the playoffs and making a tongue in cheek point about how there will be playoffs next season and it's coincidental because they're back in the SPL.

But they were relegated in season 95/96 via the playoffs, losing out the Dundee United. They were last in the SPL in 2003/04. And were relegated. Because they finished bottom. There haven't been playoffs since about 96/97.

I'm not sure what's worse; the Partick fans who have no clue that their club was in the SPL in 2004 or the lazy, incompetent pundits who have no idea about the mistake.

I've heard a few Partick fans texting or emailing in Radio Scotland when they're talking about playoffs saying that the last time Partick were in the SPL they were relegated via the playoffs and making a tongue in cheek point about how there will be playoffs next season and it's coincidental because they're back in the SPL.

But they were relegated in season 95/96 via the playoffs, losing out the Dundee United. They were last in the SPL in 2003/04. And were relegated. Because they finished bottom. There haven't been playoffs since about 96/97.

I'm not sure what's worse; the Partick fans who have no clue that their club was in the SPL in 2004 or the lazy, incompetent pundits who have no idea about the mistake.

Are you sure they weren't saying that the last time there were playoffs it was us that were relegated through them, rather than the last time we were in the SPL...

I also wouldn't trust Radio Scotland to read out a text correctly, but either way it's bad.

Are you sure they weren't saying that the last time there were playoffs it was us that were relegated through them, rather than the last time we were in the SPL...

I also wouldn't trust Radio Scotland to read out a text correctly, but either way it's bad.

It's possible they misread it, but they definitely read it like I said before. Either way, no one corrected it.

Partick are the winners if the SPL reintroduce playoffs.

As it stood you were the only SPL team to lose them.

Now some other schmuck can join you.

Or you can go 2 for 2

Eh? I hope this isn't directed at me. As an SPL team, Dunfermline have never been involved in a playoff.

Archived