The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday Times match report on Falkirk v Forfar today states that Campbell was brought down for Forfar penalty rather than Templeman : fair enough, I can accept a misidentification, but apparently Stuart Hall (!), not Darren Hill was in goals for Forfar.

Also, Blair Alston "backheeled the ball over his head, turned and played a perfect pass to Taylor" Blatantly wrong - the backheel went directly to Taylor - only one of the best pieces of individual skill seen at TFS for years.

Apart from the last time he did it against Dunfermline :P

I know the two teams are 2nd Div but West FM on Saturday said "Ayr's game with Berwick has been called off due to a frozen pitch" and again this morning they were at it calling Queen of the South "The Honest Men"

Surely a local radio station would be able to get it right?

And the BBC had Somerset as being waterlogged, a mistake perpetuated in the now 60p Daily Mail.

It must be horrible being a Queen of the South fan. The number of times people say "Doonhammers" instead of "Doonhamers" must be infuriating. It bothers me quite a bit, and I barely care.

Can't touch this.

BBC report on tonight's game has obviously been semi-invented

Thistle's Aaron Sinclair enjoyed the hosts best moment after 20 minutes when he was unlucky to see his strike come back off a post.

Neither team hit the frame of the goal all night.

The Accies showed nothing to dispel their lowly league position, failing to register a single shot in the first 45 minutes.

I must have imagined Fox making a save in the first 10 minutes. Or the one that went over the bar.

And the Jags refused to loosen their grip on the game, restricting the visitors to very few glimpses of goal.
Vague statement is vague.
Considering it's only 7 sentences long it manages to be depressingly inaccurate.

BBC report on tonight's game has obviously been semi-invented

Neither team hit the frame of the goal all night.

I must have imagined Fox making a save in the first 10 minutes. Or the one that went over the bar.

Vague statement is vague.

Considering it's only 7 sentences long it manages to be depressingly inaccurate.

STV have the same report. I tweeted saying about mistakes and of their reporters replied saying they bought the report from the PA and asked what the mistakes were.

Just a quick congratulations to STV for this:

Stranraer grabbed the second three minutes later as Robert Love scored for the second game running with a neat finish after good work from by Craig Malcolm.

All the more impressive considering Stranraer last their last 5-0... with Love not leaving the bench. Bravo.

The Scottish Sun, SFL round up

Queen of the South made it 11 games unbeaten as they recorded a tight 3-2 win away to Brechin.

Allan Johnston's men maintained their 18-point lead at the top of the Second Division and appear destined to get automatic promotion.

Arbroath were soundly beaten 1-4 by Ayr United while Forfar won 3-1 at home against Stranraer and Stenhousemuir drew 3-3 with Brechin.

Brechin did well against Stenny considering they played a game beforehand.

Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton remain 10th and 11th respectively, in Division One with a point separating the sides

From the BBC.

Not bad in a 10 team division.

The Scotsman report on Accies v Falkirk suggests why the home team got beat. Ex St Mirren defender Scott Cuthbert was apparently in goals :blink:

BBC Sport tweet: Dunfermline 1-4 Morton: Greenock Morton consolodate their top-of-the-table position with a convincing win over... http://t.co/Wy1uuXPotc

Hmm ... on a least two occasions in the past four or five weeks STV has had Morton extend its lead at the top of SFL1 when it hadn't. Who knows about tonight though?

Archived