The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

Someone wants to tell the BBC that the playoff games are on. Not a peep on their website or teletext last night.

They did have updates on the live thread for the premiership matches but agree they should have had more coverage.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what you get when you go to 'All Scottish' on BBC's fixtures page. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/fixtures

No mention of playoffs whatsoever.

This is why we are having a referendum, BBC should be \ebc and Sy, to give them their correct title is BSKY, or should that be ESKY?

I see that on CFAX the non league teams south of the border are reported on before the leagues below the Premiersip.

• 2 weeks later...

Page 58 of today's Daily Record. Either Auchinleck Talbot player Graham Wilson says "The West of Scotland Cup is a trophy that Talbot have never won". Either the player doesn't know anything about Talbot's proud history or the reporter never bothered to check the facts. They have won it ten times previously granted not for a long time though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm calling this one - there's no fucking way Pieter Huistra is in the frame for the Falkirk job - some bellend at the Scotsman has misheard Peter Houston's name and following a quick frap in the bogs has lazily filled some column inches with buzzwords for the mono-brows:

"PIETER Huistra has emerged as a shock candidate to take over as Falkirk boss.
The former Ranger is on a shortlist to succeed Gary Holt who quit for a return to Norwich as assistant manager.
Bairns bosses want someone who will bring through young players and 47-year-old Huistra – who coached the Ajax youth side and the development squad at Groningen – fits the bill."

I'm calling this one - there's no fucking way Pieter Huistra is in the frame for the Falkirk job - some bellend at the Scotsman has misheard Peter Houston's name and following a quick frap in the bogs has lazily filled some column inches with buzzwords for the mono-brows:

The former Ranger is on a shortlist to succeed Gary Holt who quit for a return to Norwich as assistant manager.

Bairns bosses want someone who will bring through young players and 47-year-old Huistra who coached the Ajax youth side and the development squad at Groningen fits the bill."

Huistra tipped for Falkirk job

Although I agreed with you it seems Huistra did apply.

http://m.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/falkirk-fc/houston-still-falkirk-favourite-but-41-apply-to-bairns-1-3440247

Bairns bosses want someone who will bring through young players and 47-year-old Huistra who coached the Ajax youth side and the development squad at Groningen fits the bill."

Huistra tipped for Falkirk job

Although I agreed with you it seems Huistra did apply.

http://m.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/falkirk-fc/houston-still-falkirk-favourite-but-41-apply-to-bairns-1-3440247

• 1 month later...

The "Championship ins and outs" feature on the BBC website has a few errors for us.

It lists youth players; Scott Hooper, Aidan Smith and Dean Smith as having left the club, they haven't as far as I'm aware.

It also has Liam Caddis's loan deal with us ending. We never had him on loan.

The "Championship ins and outs" feature on the BBC website has a few errors for us.

It lists youth players; Scott Hooper, Aidan Smith and Dean Smith as having left the club, they haven't as far as I'm aware.

It also has Liam Caddis's loan deal with us ending. We never had him on loan.

Hoops and the two Smiths are very much still here and all three played at Annan on Wednesday night.

Liam Caddis was on loan at Alloa. They've also listed him there so it's probably some fairly amateurish copy and pasting going on.

They've also listed Lewis Kidd as a new signing when he was with us on loan last season. If they are going to list him as an "In" then he should also be an "out".

• 2 weeks later...

Ex-Glasgow Rangers striker and former SFA Chief Exec. Gordon Smith talking about The Rangers in today's Sunday Post and how they were "demoted" to the former 3rd division following the old club's liquidation. This "demotion" appears to be a widely held misconception by many ex-Glasgow Rangers employees and also many journalists. When the new Rangers were formed the SPL voted not to invite them into their set-up. They then applied to join the then SFL and as a NEW CLUB were accepted into the 3rd division, although some clubs, QoS included, voted for them to be admitted at a a higher level. As a NEW CLUB it was only right that they enter the League at the bottom tier, although they leapfrogged other clubs who have been regular applicants to fill previous vacancies, but with pound signs flashing in front of SFL Chairmens' eyes they were certain to be admitted. It seems strange that journalists, amongst others, still hold on to the notion that The Rangers were "demoted to" and not "admitted into" the 3rd division.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived