The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it not Chic Young who said the Raith vs Dundee United semi final should have been held at East End Park, a ground with 12,500 capacity....when 18,500 tickets had been sold.

Think it was.

I type shite on here for free. I should get in to sports journalism and get paid for it.

Was it not Chic Young who said the Raith vs Dundee United semi final should have been held at East End Park, a ground with 12,500 capacity....when 18,500 tickets had been sold.

I remember someone saying that. Either him or Traynor. Either way, one of the more fucktarded utterances on a programme filled with fucktarded utterances.

I also hate Richard Gordon now.

Used to like him, thought he was Mr Neutral. He now appears to have developed an opinion, and he's a bit of a p***k.

As far as "having an opinion" goes he's the epitome of neutrality compared to his Sportsound colleagues. Furthermore, on topic for this thread, he's plenty happy to issue corrections when required. Which is pretty much mandatory when he's got Spence commentating on a game. How a man can get so worked up about a football match without ever being able to correctly name a player is beyond me.

As far as "having an opinion" goes he's the epitome of neutrality compared to his Sportsound colleagues. Furthermore, on topic for this thread, he's plenty happy to issue corrections when required. Which is pretty much mandatory when he's got Spence commentating on a game. How a man can get so worked up about a football match without ever being able to correctly name a player is beyond me.

If it wasn't for Richard Gordon the show would be a car crash. Can you imagine the likes of Murdo 'brain damage' Macleod, Chic 'Honest! I support St Mirrren' Young, Billy 'I talk shite' Dodds and the other brain donors running the show. He's the beebs version of Jeff Stelling, pulled in to herd cats and make the show viable.

I saw Richard Gordon in Sainsburys a few months back. Well I heard him first: ''No, I'll pack my own bags''. Quite strange!

Anyway...

Sunday Mail's match report refers to Eddie Malone as the Ayr skipper three times. But Mark Roberts is captain.

Photo caption also reads: 'Moff and running... Ayr's Moffat (right) is mobbed after his opener. Moffat isn't in the photo.

Mark Guidi refers to Danny Wilson as "a forgotten man". Hands up who had forgotten Danny Wilson. In the Scotland pool, played in Europe, wanted back at Rangers on loan. Who actually thought he was signed as a ready made first team regular by Liverpool?

Who had forgotten him...........just you it seems Mark.

Spence :lol: I'd forgotten about him. Mr Dundee himself

He's a massive Dundee United fan. He'll still never be forgoven for his classic "Dundee will skoosh the first Division" comment last season, that and getting locked in the toilets at Parkhead.

Balatoni in team of the day, he was honking and got hooked after 70 minutes.(Sunday snail).

I think they still had Well unbeaten in the league table, probably Tam cowan's influence.

Not so much journalism I suppose, but I noticed on the BBC webpage following today's games that the League table was being updated live to reflect the latest scores. Well it was until the bigot brothers' games had finished then they froze it at the Rangers final whistle. Never mind that Hearts & Hibs were still playing eh?

I noticed that the Beeb had Blair Alston down as our number 5 today, rather than Rhys Bennet. I suppose it's easy to mix them up... :rolleyes:

Sky Sports had the same on their live score centre thing, they must all get team lines from one place but I don't know how it works. Obviously like you say if they have someone at the game you'd think they would notice!

Archived