The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

Predictions in todays rag

Div 1 Dundee

Div 2 Peterhead......Now I know they've spent a bit of cash, but do you really think they can win the division above the one they are in?

Anyway, thank you. That's the kind of journalism that sets me up for the day ie frothing at the mouth in rage at the stupidity of the world and everybody in it.

...and Gavin, you should know who your pals are now as no-one told you and let you publish that.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Div 1 Dundee

Div 2 Peterhead......Now I know they've spent a bit of cash, but do you really think they can win the division above the one they are in?

Anyway, thank you. That's the kind of journalism that sets me up for the day ie frothing at the mouth in rage at the stupidity of the world and everybody in it.

...and Gavin, you should know who your pals are now as no-one told you and let you publish that.

You should dedicate this thread to journalistic mistakes regarding Scottish football.

100 pages.

You should dedicate this thread to journalistic mistakes regarding Scottish football.

100 pages.

Good idea. With awards at the end of the season......We'll call them The Berrys, or the Gavins.

We'll need to think of a new thread title. (Can you do that? I don't want Gavins name lost.)

Good idea. With awards at the end of the season......We'll call them The Berrys, or the Gavins.

We'll need to think of a new thread title. (Can you do that? I don't want Gavins name lost.)

Berry Wrong. The Gavin Berry Awards.

The shittiest journalism posted up here with the most green dots takes first place?

Saw this and wasn't surprised. Didn't this happen last year too, someone at the Retard tipping Arbroath to win the Second?

I also remember a few years ago that genius Gordon Parks reckoning Gretna would find the step up to the Second difficult!

Div 1 Dundee

Does this guy write for the Daily Record? If he does that explains things. If it wasn't to do with Celtic or Rangers their journos quickly lose interest.

The real scandal is that you read the Record (or maybe you just look at the pretty pictures) and you've outed yourself on P&B. :D

Number 6 in rankings if you Google Gavin Berry..laugh.gif

Gavin Berry Daily Record - The Pie Shop

www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.../153923-gavin-berry-daily-record/2 posts - 2 authors - Last post: 2 hours agoPredictions in todays rag Div 1 Dundee Div 2 Peterhead......Now I know they've spent a bit of cash, but do you really think they can win the di...

Does this guy write for the Daily Record? If he does that explains things. If it wasn't to do with Celtic or Rangers their journos quickly lose interest.

The real scandal is that you read the Record (or maybe you just look at the pretty pictures) and you've outed yourself on P&B. :D

I read The Sun as well and a few others on line.

I've explained before. I have the nature of Mother Theresa at 6.30am. I read The Record and Sun to reach the required levels of incandescent fury that I need to face the world.

Not sure how Peterhead will win the 2nd Division but I'm really excited to find out. Should be one of their best seasons in history if they pull it off wink.gif

I don't know... Brechin fans seem to rate Rory McAllister. I wouldn't but it past 'The Blue Toon'.

Also

Is this print media only? Because otherwise the BBC will have this wrapped up by the end of the month!

I don't know... Brechin fans seem to rate Rory McAllister. I wouldn't but it past 'The Blue Toon'.

Also

Is this print media only? Because otherwise the BBC will have this wrapped up by the end of the month!

Everything is included.

Also

i might be getting wooshed but you do know they are in the 3rd dont you?

If we're looking for examples of poor journalism as the season progresses I don't think we'll have to look very hard.

In our local newspaper on Friday night, the report said that we had been drawn against Brechin City in the next round of the league cup! In the very next sentence it refers to "The Loons" A report riddled with errors which shows a lack of even basic research.

With standards like this being mirrored in the national media week in week out I think this thread could beocme quite popular over the coming months.

I was listening to the radio on the way to and from Kircaldy on Saturday and had to laugh.

They were going on about the internet (forums in particular) and wondering if it was good or bad for football.

You could hear the desperation in their voices as they were going on about it.

Paper sales have been plummeting for years and due to the fact that journalists are usually clueless about the clubs they're writing about.

Fans are no longer interested in their ill informed twaddle.

Many posters on the site are far superior to the 'professionals' as they have more insight, see more game and generally are more up to date with the clubs day to day business.

Sure there is a lot of having to 'troll' through inane posts on forums but you get far more out of it in my opinion.

When I was going through my apprenticeship most people bought papers for sport news (football in particular). I dont know of many people who even bother with that any more.

Fans (in general) are influenced by what the media want and the dinosaur age of media propaganda (with regards to football anyway) seems to be slowly dying.

Unhappy fans no longer need the paper outlet to attempt to vent their frustrations or organise change within their clubs.

Perhaps OF fans still buy papers (as thats basically all the sport news you get in them anyway) but it seems to me its a dying media.

I listened to Radio Scotland at the weekend.

Several pundits tipped Falkirk to win Division One. Reason? We'd had a season down there and would now be adjusted to it and our rivals had lost a lot of players.

Archived