The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Wallace is on the record saying that he wasn't attacked.

Really? I was sure he was the one the Record were using as the poster boy for the whole thing.

Foderingham was pushed about a bit, we know that for definite as it's on camera. Nothing severe, but not the sort of thing he should have to put up with, so that's fair enough. The rest of the victims?

Not Miller, not Wallace, not Halliday (because he was with John McGinn or something the whole time I seem to remember reading).

Anyone else we know for sure either way?

17 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Wallace is on the record saying that he wasn't attacked.

Might be talking out of my arse on this one actually.  I thought I remembered someone contrasting Wallace's actual statement with the fake photoshopped one which started all the "Lee Wallace is a grass" patter.  But a Google search suggested someone was arrested for throwing a punch at him.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Might be talking out of my arse on this one actually.  I thought I remembered someone contrasting Wallace's actual statement with the fake photoshopped one which started all the "Lee Wallace is a grass" patter.  But a Google search suggested someone was arrested for throwing a punch at him.

It was Lee Wallace's burd. 

Screenshot_20160831-105559.jpg

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I remember a lot of Rangers fans on Twitter believing the photoshopped one, tweeting the SFA saying it was disgraceful the ref called him a grass and the like :lol:

1 minute ago, Zen Archer said:

Mods, please.

^^^Heavy awkies

A boy in my French class once said that to a teacher (old retired supply teacher who thought I was called Roger for some utterly bizarre reason) and she snapped back "We'll be taking you walkies in a minute".

It always makes me think of that when I use it.

Anyway, back on topic everyone.

So if Lee wasn't hit and absolutely no claims/proof any other Ranger player was hit. Why are Hibs allowing this to go on and who do the Daily Record want charged for these false accusations they deem worthy of front page news?

I'm fucking seething here

ETA "newspaper of the year" :lol:

Do they mean chip paper?

On 31.8.2016 at 11:28, Beardy23 said:

“Jim Duffy’s a fine man and if the SFA have any sense they’ll make him Scotland team coach." - Ron Dixon, 1994

What episode of Brookside was this?

https://books.google.at/books?id=xRXwsp8TEEEC&pg=PT74&dq=jim+duffy+ron+dixon&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj45djIk-_OAhXLWhQKHf-eAQ0Q6AEIHjAA#v=onepage&q=jim duffy ron dixon&f=false

Ron Dixon had a raging stauner for the Duff.

33 minutes ago, MrDust said:

I honestly dont know where to start with this, published on the 6th September and although 4 league games in doesnt paint the finished picture, Id expect a little more give and take from the standings so far. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36394320

To be fair that article was published at least a fortnight ago, maybe longer the first time. I imagine the publication date stamp on it relates to some minor amendment in somebody's In / Out List.

To be fair that article was published at least a fortnight ago, maybe longer the first time. I imagine the publication date stamp on it relates to some minor amendment in somebody's In / Out List.

Aye, it's as up to date as us having Balatoni but it's the same article that was there just before the season started.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to take the wife to an appointment this morning. While waiting I picked up a copy of the Record to look at. ( I know I know shouldn't really touch )

The report on the Queens Raith game consisted of a huge speil about how ex Ranger Stephen Dobbie looks back with great fondness on his time at Ibrox followed by two lines detailing the scorers!

What a crock of sh*t

7 hours ago, WILLIEA said:

Had to take the wife to an appointment this morning. While waiting I picked up a copy of the Record to look at. ( I know I know shouldn't really touch )

The report on the Queens Raith game consisted of a huge speil about how ex Ranger Stephen Dobbie looks back with great fondness on his time at Ibrox followed by two lines detailing the scorers!

What a crock of sh*t

I've not read it, but I'm already angry.

What a crock of sh*t

I have as many league appearances for Rangers as the great man. Mental that you'd focus on that when he's one of the few players to have played in the English Championship (and Premier League briefly) who is eligible to play for Scotland yet wasn't called up at any point. 

I've not read it either, but I'm raging too.

Boooooooooooooo

What a crock of sh*t

34 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've not read it, but I'm already angry.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bring-rangers-stephen-dobbie-makes-8864336

Is it that one? If so I wouldnt say its an unreasonable article and it was written by a prominent Queens fan.

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bring-rangers-stephen-dobbie-makes-8864336

Is it that one? If so I wouldnt say its an unreasonable article and it was written by a prominent Queens fan.

Nope! Not that one. That was later on in the paper. It was in the big pullout match report section

Archived