The Gavin Berry Awards for Shitty Football Journalism

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/championship/7224178/Raith-Rovers-3-St-Mirren-1-Gary-Lockes-men-sit-top-of-the-table-and-wants-league-to-finish-now.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20160813-_-Sport-_-544444303

"Rovers doubled their lead in the 49th minute when a Vaughan meltdown fell invitingly to Ross Callachan who blasted home from close range."

Not really sure where to begin with that. 

13 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/championship/7224178/Raith-Rovers-3-St-Mirren-1-Gary-Lockes-men-sit-top-of-the-table-and-wants-league-to-finish-now.html?CMP=spklr-_-Editorial-_-TWITTER-_-scotsunsport-_-20160813-_-Sport-_-544444303

"Rovers doubled their lead in the 49th minute when a Vaughan meltdown fell invitingly to Ross Callachan who blasted home from close range."

Not really sure where to begin with that. 

:lol:

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Leaving aside the fact that's quite clearly not Ben Richard-Everton, since when has David Hutton been calling himself "Sinclair Hutton"? The Dunfermline site itself still calls him Hutton.

Sinclair C5 Hutton would be more appropriate. Pish. 

Leaving aside the fact that's quite clearly not Ben Richard-Everton, since when has David Hutton been calling himself "Sinclair Hutton"? The Dunfermline site itself still calls him Hutton.

Think its just for the back of his shirt. Its his Wife's surname.

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

IMG_1471185509.811019.jpg

Scottish Sun today.

Just in case you've not had the pleasure of seeing the Mighty BRE and are worried you may confuse him with Joe Cardle, BRE's the one with the (visible) tattoos and Joe Cardle is to his left:

pars-deals-e1461338311549.jpg?resize=620

• 3 weeks later...

That easiest of targets again the BBC.

AFC Wimbledon beat Swansea City Under-21 to claim a Premier League scalp on the opening night of the restructured EFL Trophy.

The Swansea under-21 team does not play in the Premier League. The crowd would have been more than 461 if they did. 

"Rangers players"?

Wasn't it just Wallace?

Nope, remember the Record said every Rangers player was "assaulted" - even Kenny Miller despite what his missus said....

I can't believe they are still this seething about 4 months on.

4 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Nope, remember the Record said every Rangers player was "assaulted" - even Kenny Miller despite what his missus said....

I can't believe they are still this seething about 4 months on.

Why are Hibs just allowing the club to be dragged through the mud by this paper?

They should be demanding evidence more than 1 player was assaulted.

How many TV and press cameras were at Hampden and not 1 picture of all these phantom assaults.

Why are Hibs just allowing the club to be dragged through the mud by this paper?

They should be demanding evidence more than 1 player was assaulted.

How many TV and press cameras were at Hampden and not 1 picture of all these phantom assaults.

I was thinking that, surely the Record must have some hard evidence of quite a few Rangers players being attacked. I'd like to think that they haven't just taken the word of the Ibrox Loyal Facebook page, and the Jonny guy that writes the Rangers blog...

I don't know why they don't print those images. I mean they must exist...there's cameras absolutely everywhere...

15 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I don't know why they don't print those images. I mean they must exist...there's cameras absolutely everywhere...

Ah but is there photo evidence of the cameras actually capturing the evidence?

Just like golf balls flying around a football stadium didn't happen unless you can see the person throwing it, none of the cameras recorded anything unless they were recorded recording it.

tl;dr - FTOF

Archived