The Room

I looked to see if a thread for this film already existed but I didn't fine one, I did naaht. I think the greatest achievement in modern cinema deserves its own thread.

Anyone who hasn't seen it must watch it, I guarentee you won't be disappointed. The film tells the story of Johnny, a banker from god knows where who lives in San Francisco with his future wife, the beautiful yet slightly fat and average Lisa. The film follows the love triangle that develops between Lisa, Johnny and his best friend Mark (if you forget that he's his best friend don't worry, you get reminded every five minutes), with some other pointless characters like a wee gay kid they've adopted called Denny and a psychiatrist who pops in to the film for a few scenes and then disappears.

Here is an example of the tense drama, as well as the amazing acting skills of the star, director, producer, writer and financial backer of the film, Tommy Wiseau:

Any fans of The Room on here?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a story Mark!

I'm so glad to have you as my best friend Marshmallo, and I love Lisa so much.

My son says you are a god for starting the thread :lol::lol:

He has been going on about it for the last 3 months :lol:

Nice one, a fellow fan of The Room is a good egg in my book.

Anyway, how's your sex life? (Edit: I should probably point out that's a line from the film before you think I'm a nutter)

You forgot to mention the women who gets breast cancer but its no big deal.

There's so much gold, I couldn't mention it all at once.

Here's a rap song that explains everything The Room virgins need to know:

I'M FED UP WITH THIS WORLD!

My personal favourite bit is when Mark says, 'He beat her up so bad, she ended up in a hospital on Guerrero Street.' and then Johnny goes, 'AHAHAHA, what a story Mark.'

Here it is:

WHAT A STORY MARK!

LEAVE YOUR STUPID COMMENTS IN YOUR POCKET!

Oh haaiii guys.

I actually did a review (below for anyone that's interested) of The Room in the "Last movie you watched" thread

"The Room (2003)

For those that have never seen this film, I genuinely cannot recommend it highly enough.

Make no mistake, The Room is unquestionably the worst film ever made, everything about it is truly atrocious, the acting is terrible, the dialogue is absurd, the music is awful, the entire plot is completely non-sensical; there is not one single part of this film that has been made with any quality whatsoever, and it's that reason that makes the room an absolute delight. If one part of it had been horrific and the rest was ok, it would make for terrible viewing, but because every single element is so sensationally bad it becomes a joy to watch. Somehow, someway, the sheer scale of atrociousness of every aspect meshes together to create something fantastic. Easily the most enjoyable hour and forty minutes' viewing I've had in quite some time.

0/10 / 10/10"

Acually watched it again yesterday, helped ease my hangover no end.

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!!!

Wiseau's view on Denny:

:lol:

Oh haaiii guys.

I actually did a review (below for anyone that's interested) of The Room in the "Last movie you watched" thread

"The Room (2003)

For those that have never seen this film, I genuinely cannot recommend it highly enough.

Make no mistake, The Room is unquestionably the worst film ever made, everything about it is truly atrocious, the acting is terrible, the dialogue is absurd, the music is awful, the entire plot is completely non-sensical; there is not one single part of this film that has been made with any quality whatsoever, and it's that reason that makes the room an absolute delight. If one part of it had been horrific and the rest was ok, it would make for terrible viewing, but because every single element is so sensationally bad it becomes a joy to watch. Somehow, someway, the sheer scale of atrociousness of every aspect meshes together to create something fantastic. Easily the most enjoyable hour and forty minutes' viewing I've had in quite some time.

0/10 / 10/10"

Acually watched it again yesterday, helped ease my hangover no end.

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, LISA!!!

Spot on, anybody who gives this film a rating of anything else but 0/10 or 10/10 is off their rocker.

I almost pished myself watching it again the day.

The bit where Johnny's bird gets Mark over and starts grinding on him and that and MARK is just being a total gormless c**t laugh.gif

C'MON, WHAT'S THIS ALL ABOUT?

Also the totally random and unnecessary bit where some guy is shagging his bird in their flat.

Mark later gores the same guy into some bins for absolutely no reason laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Just brilliant.

Had never heard of the film until I saw the Nostalgia Critic review of it a few months ago. Easily the best worst movie ever. Any film which has random bits of the main characters in tuxedos throwing an american football around is clearly Oscar gold.

"is he dead?!"

If ever a film deserved its own thread, it's this one. Saw it about a month ago, and it really is glorious.

I genuinely hope putting on a tuxedo and throwing around an american football while standing about 5 yards away from my friends is as fun as it looks.

Archived