Hip Hop Thread

A-Mac

Was watching the netflix hip hop series and liked the episode that talked about early to mid 90s boom bap stuff.
Pretty much all of it was produced on this sampler.
Would love a shot of one and using records to build up a beat.

Shows you what can be done when you're forced to use limited time and equipment rather than too much nowadays.

10 hours ago, Nizzy said:

Seems to have been release in 2013, but completely passed me by. Officially uploaded to Netflix today.

Take it it's only on US Netflix? Just looked for it.

ETA Just found it on Amazon Prime.

Edited by Boostin' Kev

Yeah, it's excellent. Really in depth and covers everything.
Good to see the background and origins of tunes.
Four episodes in - it's excellent. I expected to have heard all the stories and seen all the footage, but there's tonnes of fresh material. The access they've gained to hitherto private, almost mythical individuals - I'm looking at you, Schooly D - is impressive.

Four episodes in - it's excellent. I expected to have heard all the stories and seen all the footage, but there's tonnes of fresh material. The access they've gained to hitherto private, almost mythical individuals - I'm looking at you, Schooly D - is impressive.
It really is, pulled out all the original artists.
The guy from run dmc was really humble in saying that he thought his career was over when he heard rakim.
Things like sugarhill gang getting slated for ripping off someone else's verse.
How white people helped promote it when it was seen as an underground scene not really understood.

Been looking for this for years, well ever since bebo got cancelled.  Anyone on here got any other recordings? Back of Beyond, finest hip hop to come out of Cumbernauld, I know Gordon D used to post on here years ago.  

Met Freestyle Master at ma work a few years ago, he said there was a few videos going about, would be fkn amazing to see these.

RIP JJ, soundest c**t I've ever known 

Edited by the aggressive beggar