Falling Skies

KnightswoodBear

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen a few of the trailers that FX have been running for this Steven Speilberg produced sci-fi series. Looks promising, and I'm needing my nerd fix since BSG is finished.

I'll probably end up waiting for the re-run of this on friday. Unfortunately I'm prioritizing battlestar galactica and luther on the sky+ over it.

Although now that I think about battlestar galactica shows the same episode again later on sky atlantic on the same night no?

I'll probably end up waiting for the re-run of this on friday. Unfortunately I'm prioritizing battlestar galactica and luther on the sky+ over it.

Although now that I think about battlestar galactica shows the same episode again later on sky atlantic on the same night no?

I'm not sure about the BSG re-runs.

Thankfully now that my GF is back her holidays and the Sky + box is slowly getting rid of Glee, Desperate Houswives and Borthers and Sisters, I can afford to series record this.

Plus she noticed that the main guy in it was in ER, so even she's interested in it. It looks like a slightly less shit version of the new "V" series.

I may be wrong

It seems to be getting slaughtered, but I quite enjoyed the first episode. It's good to have a change of pace in a show of this genre and have things a bit further along the timeline rather the done to death "pre-invasion" like The Event, V and Invasion have already tried (and failed) with. Those 3 shows all only got 22 episodes each and I think there's potential here for more.

Oh and the CGI is nowhere near as bad as V, it's miles better.

Watched it last night. It was alright nothing outstanding.

Has defo potential to grow.

I must admit tho the most exciting part was during the adverts seeing a trailer for the next series of The Walking Dead.

It seems to be getting slaughtered, but I quite enjoyed the first episode. It's good to have a change of pace in a show of this genre and have things a bit further along the timeline rather the done to death "pre-invasion" like The Event, V and Invasion have already tried (and failed) with. Those 3 shows all only got 22 episodes each and I think there's potential here for more.

Oh and the CGI is nowhere near as bad as V, it's miles better.

That's what lets it down for me,it looks like it might have a lot of back story in it,and that's just like watching lost. Not a bad thing,but I would have liked to have seen it from the very start.

It's performed well in the States and has been renewed for a second season.

Really, it's not that great so far. The Pilot was ok (well the 2nd half the first was dull) and the rest of the episodes haven't been much better.

Really, it's not that great so far. The Pilot was ok (well the 2nd half the first was dull) and the rest of the episodes haven't been much better.

TNT say it's averaged 6.4 million since the premiere (including DVR use), which for them is absolutely massive. Even NASCAR and the NBA playoffs didn't perform that well for them.

So on those numbers, they were always going to renew it. Hopefully the quality will pick up towards the end of the 1st season.

I liked V, for those who have seen both-is it better or worse?

I'd say the CGI is a lot better & acting is slightly better than V, but having only seen 1 episode, can't comment if the plot is better. As I mentioned earlier, the plot being set post-apocalyptic was a nice change of pace from V/The Event/Invasion.

I liked V, for those who have seen both-is it better or worse?

I think it is better so far. They are 3 or 4 episodes in now, i've seen all until Sundays. I like the way they started after the invasion, and they are starting to give a little of the backstory - but not too much. It definitely has a chance to become a good show.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mixing up breaking bad and the walking dead eh, zombies on meth.

I'm enjoying falling skies,its not amazing but its more than watchable. It needs to but back on the mushy bits though and more gore would be appreciated.

Mixing up breaking bad and the walking dead eh, zombies on meth.

:lol:

Have stuck with it and glad I did as getting better every week. Although having an enemy called “The Skitters” does raise a schoolboy chuckle. Certainly the enemy of a lot of football fans on a Sunday morning…

:lol:

Have stuck with it and glad I did as getting better every week. Although having an enemy called “The Skitters” does raise a schoolboy chuckle. Certainly the enemy of a lot of football fans on a Sunday morning…

I'm enjoying it except for the fucking boring charlie church bint, she does my head right in.

Archived