On 02/11/2019 at 16:33, quickoverayard said:

Haha i get my kill at people who try and bring the outdoor game into indoor as its chalk and cheese lol... i couldnt be arsed listening to that. You'll be the most desirable pool player going at this rate.

Haha you never know mate i think the carpet is decent to be honest, wee man said its ok. He was due to play bainfield next sat up there but been re arranged to a home tie so i may pop up after it.

We play our Scottish 4s tomorrow so fingers crossed.

How did the 4's go mate?

Looking forward to a wee throw tonight, bit of practise for Saturday.  Don't even know the team for this weekend yet but I'm ASSUMING it will be unchanged, but I could see there point in changing it about a bit, as the rink that got beat at Cumbernauld really have the potential to be hammered by a good team, and I hate saying that but I get the feeling if someones going to loss heavy, it'll be them.

Still no sign of my new bowls that "were made and just awaiting delivery" 3 weeks ago according to joe.  I'm pretty patient and I know they take a while, but I'm just a bit pee'd off that I got an e-mail saying they'll be in the next delivery!

On 02/11/2019 at 16:33, quickoverayard said:

Haha i get my kill at people who try and bring the outdoor game into indoor as its chalk and cheese lol... i couldnt be arsed listening to that. You'll be the most desirable pool player going at this rate.

Haha you never know mate i think the carpet is decent to be honest, wee man said its ok. He was due to play bainfield next sat up there but been re arranged to a home tie so i may pop up after it.

We play our Scottish 4s tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Got a wee text there at 3:00pm saying DPD have successfully delivered a package from AM Sports.  THEY ARE HERE!!!

Played up at Bainfield on Saturday, ended up beat by 11 on the big board, we had 1 rink peeled at 24-24 after 21 ends, was a mental game! Our rink got beat 19-18, another 3 down and the other was 7 down (they lost a 5 at the last going for a glory shot for a 6!) Really tight game at one point we were 20 down overall, then with about 5 to go we were 6 up.
Carpet was excellent, really quick and great draws and the guys were good company.
New bowls felt fine, and I played quite well.
Big game at home on Saturday now against Turriff!

On 11/11/2019 at 10:32, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Played up at Bainfield on Saturday, ended up beat by 11 on the big board, we had 1 rink peeled at 24-24 after 21 ends, was a mental game! Our rink got beat 19-18, another 3 down and the other was 7 down (they lost a 5 at the last going for a glory shot for a 6!) Really tight game at one point we were 20 down overall, then with about 5 to go we were 6 up.
Carpet was excellent, really quick and great draws and the guys were good company.
New bowls felt fine, and I played quite well.
Big game at home on Saturday now against Turriff!

Lost my phone and just managed to get back into this. How are the new bowls doing? I’ve not had a game in over a week, last outing we won 19-9 and it’s the best if played... hit a bit form and we’ve had no games lol. First time on the carpet tonight in a while, so not holding much hope. Wee man is in Midlothian at some competition this sat. Oft that’s some trek

New bowls are fine, tighter than my green grooves bizarrely but getting there.
Played ok on Saturday there against Turriff, finished about 11 or 12 up on the big board and that was with 1 of the rinks losing a 5 at the last! Weeks break now and on the Saturday, think it's one of the nationals, and then ELGIN AWAY. I can't mhak that but afterwards it's 3 home games in a row which I really think we MUST win.

New bowls are fine, tighter than my green grooves bizarrely but getting there.
Played ok on Saturday there against Turriff, finished about 11 or 12 up on the big board and that was with 1 of the rinks losing a 5 at the last! Weeks break now and on the Saturday, think it's one of the nationals, and then ELGIN AWAY. I can't mhak that but afterwards it's 3 home games in a row which I really think we MUST win.

Was it quantum’s you got?? Jesus that’s even more of a trek.... Not so bad being a 2pm start. We played tonight but our player never turned up so had to play as a triple, 8 down cause we only had 3 and we managed to win by 1!!! We were 5 up playing last the were laying 5 and I drew second shot with my first and turned shot bowl out to make a 2, was shitting it lol! Won 3 in a row now.

On 20/11/2019 at 00:17, quickoverayard said:

Was it quantum’s you got?? Jesus that’s even more of a trek.... Not so bad being a 2pm start. We played tonight but our player never turned up so had to play as a triple, 8 down cause we only had 3 and we managed to win by 1!!! We were 5 up playing last the were laying 5 and I drew second shot with my first and turned shot bowl out to make a 2, was shitting it lol! Won 3 in a row now.

Nope not Quantums, got another set of grooves in a size 3.5, but my green grooves are the Groove-S and these new ones are just Groove so im assuming that might have something to do with it! I'll get used to them eventually though!

Very decent result considering only a triple!! My mate text me asking if I could play on Friday 6th December, in East Lothian as he's probably a player short.  I'm sure he said it was a top club thing 6:30-8:30 but I politely declined. Sack leaving East Lothian at 8:45 to go back to Airdrie!

Nope not Quantums, got another set of grooves in a size 3.5, but my green grooves are the Groove-S and these new ones are just Groove so im assuming that might have something to do with it! I'll get used to them eventually though!
Very decent result considering only a triple!! My mate text me asking if I could play on Friday 6th December, in East Lothian as he's probably a player short.  I'm sure he said it was a top club thing 6:30-8:30 but I politely declined. Sack leaving East Lothian at 8:45 to go back to Airdrie!

Agh I’ve seen the s but not sure. Is that for postal by any chance???

Agh I’ve seen the s but not sure. Is that for postal by any chance???
Yep that's exactly who it's for! He asked if I could play or what my hours are that day but it's a no deal! Are you playing them???

Yep that's exactly who it's for! He asked if I could play or what my hours are that day but it's a no deal! Are you playing them???

Hahaha yup we play them on the 6th lol should get along

Played 2nd in the league last night, in literally a "6 pointer". We had played 11 won 11 (22 points) they had played 11 won 9 (18 points) Sona win would more or less cement the league as they reset at Xmas.
We were 5 down with 2 to play, picked up 2x 3's. Love winning like that!
Big teams at Elgin Saturday but I won't be there, can't really ask someone to watch the kids from 8:30am since my Mrs is working 0600-1400!!
I'll go and see the league 1 top of the table clash instead!

Played 2nd in the league last night, in literally a "6 pointer". We had played 11 won 11 (22 points) they had played 11 won 9 (18 points) Sona win would more or less cement the league as they reset at Xmas.
We were 5 down with 2 to play, picked up 2x 3's. Love winning like that!
Big teams at Elgin Saturday but I won't be there, can't really ask someone to watch the kids from 8:30am since my Mrs is working 0600-1400!!
I'll go and see the league 1 top of the table clash instead!

Those are the best games to play in and win. I have a fixture remaining in league before the reset also cant do anything tho.

Aye that’s a shift if you’re babysitting. Take it they ain’t of age to bring along?? Great game to miss tho lol. I’ve been toiling massively off my backhand last few games so going for a wee chuck after the wee mans league game so bright and early for me..... we live 30 mins away from meeting point so need to get up at 6am

Those are the best games to play in and win. I have a fixture remaining in league before the reset also cant do anything tho.

Aye that’s a shift if you’re babysitting. Take it they ain’t of age to bring along?? Great game to miss tho lol. I’ve been toiling massively off my backhand last few games so going for a wee chuck after the wee mans league game so bright and early for me..... we live 30 mins away from meeting point so need to get up at 6am
As expected, the lads fell to a defeat in Elgin.
Up until Wednesday passed, we only had 14 guys making the trip, including 2 under 14's!
A couple of boys from the wednesday night league stepped up and made their debut also so credit to them, and I hope they had a decent game!!
We've got a weekend off this weekend, think it's the national pairs, then we have 3 x home games in a row, bit I'll miss 18/1 since the diamonds are away in Gorgie!!!

On 29/11/2019 at 22:02, quickoverayard said:

Aye that’s a shift if you’re babysitting. Take it they ain’t of age to bring along?? Great game to miss tho lol. I’ve been toiling massively off my backhand last few games so going for a wee chuck after the wee mans league game so bright and early for me..... we live 30 mins away from meeting point so need to get up at 6am emoji42.pngemoji42.png

Played 3rd place in the league last night and ran out a comfortable 19-6 winner.

I played 2nd last night and had an excellent game, the guy that leads for us has been a lead for probably about 30 years, and is one of the most consistent players, especially indoor.  Our skip Gary had a couple of absolute world class bowls, drawing for the shot when 1 or 2 down when the shot bowl was only about 3-4 inches away.  2nd place got beat again so that's us 8 clear with only 2 more Wednesdays left so in the hat for the end of season 4's play-offs, and the leagues reset for the new year.

We run a tournament in the week between Xmas and New Year, "The Buchanan Sixes", it used to be a singles, pairs and triples and played against other outdoor clubs, plus a sponsors "select" 6, indoor directors team, indoor womens 6.  Usually about 16 teams enter it and its always a good laugh, this year its changed to 2 x triples so looking forward to that.

Played 3rd place in the league last night and ran out a comfortable 19-6 winner.
I played 2nd last night and had an excellent game, the guy that leads for us has been a lead for probably about 30 years, and is one of the most consistent players, especially indoor.  Our skip Gary had a couple of absolute world class bowls, drawing for the shot when 1 or 2 down when the shot bowl was only about 3-4 inches away.  2nd place got beat again so that's us 8 clear with only 2 more Wednesdays left so in the hat for the end of season 4's play-offs, and the leagues reset for the new year.
We run a tournament in the week between Xmas and New Year, "The Buchanan Sixes", it used to be a singles, pairs and triples and played against other outdoor clubs, plus a sponsors "select" 6, indoor directors team, indoor womens 6.  Usually about 16 teams enter it and its always a good laugh, this year its changed to 2 x triples so looking forward to that.

Brilliant is that you now into a different devision?? Good getting to play in different positions mate and sounds like you were doing really well. We have one game left and can go into 5th, won 5 of 10 so happy with that for a starter.

Played top club tonight against postal won 6-2 I won by 2, my son was 3rd and won 22-7 and my wife was beaten 17-8. They drafted in willie wood at 3rd to a guy with yellow and a green stripe bowls who looked very very good.

On 06/12/2019 at 21:50, quickoverayard said:

Brilliant is that you now into a different devision?? Good getting to play in different positions mate and sounds like you were doing really well. We have one game left and can go into 5th, won 5 of 10 so happy with that for a starter.

Played top club tonight against postal won 6-2 I won by 2, my son was 3rd and won 22-7 and my wife was beaten 17-8. They drafted in willie wood at 3rd to a guy with yellow and a green stripe bowls who looked very very good.

That boy with the Yellow and Green aeros is my mate who asked me to play 😂 Neil Pringle.  Used to play at the same outdoor as me, and it was me him and another who got to the triples final at Nothfield 2 years in a row.  Neil is a good player but he changes his bowls about 4-5 times a year!!

Is that you into the top club next round then? when's that played?

re the Wednesday night league, nah we don't go into a new division, we're not busy enough for that, its literally 1 league of 16 teams and we play Sep - Xmas and the league restarts in the new year.  The 2 main days are Wednesday and Friday, same script with the Friday, reset in the new year and what happens at the end of the season Xmas winner and new year winner (if different) and Friday xmas winner and april winner go into semi finals or if its the same winner, final and that's yer national fours winner.

That boy with the Yellow and Green aeros is my mate who asked me to play  Neil Pringle.  Used to play at the same outdoor as me, and it was me him and another who got to the triples final at Nothfield 2 years in a row.  Neil is a good player but he changes his bowls about 4-5 times a year!!
Is that you into the top club next round then? when's that played?
re the Wednesday night league, nah we don't go into a new division, we're not busy enough for that, its literally 1 league of 16 teams and we play Sep - Xmas and the league restarts in the new year.  The 2 main days are Wednesday and Friday, same script with the Friday, reset in the new year and what happens at the end of the season Xmas winner and new year winner (if different) and Friday xmas winner and april winner go into semi finals or if its the same winner, final and that's yer national fours winner.

Haha well tell him to change them as they are horrid he struggled early doors but came onto a very very good game, he was their standout imo. No we’ve still got 2 games left 1 against the co-op ( Tranent store ) full of international players and Tranent , that’s like John McCRorie, Dee Hogan etc so hard games lol.

Agh I see l, we run different with 3 up 3 down but my team is being changed about a bit as I’ve told a couple of the youths I’d have them in my rink so entering another team

1 hour ago, quickoverayard said:

Haha well tell him to change them as they are horrid emoji23.pngemoji23.png he struggled early doors but came onto a very very good game, he was their standout imo. No we’ve still got 2 games left 1 against the co-op ( Tranent store ) full of international players and Tranent , that’s like John McCRorie, Dee Hogan etc so hard games lol.

Agh I see l, we run different with 3 up 3 down but my team is being changed about a bit as I’ve told a couple of the youths I’d have them in my rink so entering another team

He will probably change them before outdoor anyway! that's what I don't get, he won Coatbridge outdoor championship that season just there, and since indoor has started, hes already onto his 2nd set.

He actually gave me the first set of Aeros I had, still have actually.  A green set of Groove S from when aero just started in the UK, he got them, didn't like them and swapped me for an old set of classic 2 (in red) I had that I loved for indoor, played a few games with them and I loved them and that's what I've had since 2013!

Big game this weekend at home to Garioch, the start of a run of 3 home games.  win them all and I'd say we're safe.  the leagues very tight with only 4 points separating 2nd place (promotion playoff) and 5th place (relegation playoff).  Cumbernauld will go down automatically no doubt about it, but if we can win our next 3 home games, we might very well be safe, and dare I say it, looking for a promotion playoff which would be an incredible achievement with the young, inexperienced team we've been fielding.

Just hope we don't need anything the last game to stay safe, as its Turriff away, one of the quickest, shortest carpets ive played on. from ditch to ditch its only like a 3/4 length jack, very bizarre!

He will probably change them before outdoor anyway! that's what I don't get, he won Coatbridge outdoor championship that season just there, and since indoor has started, hes already onto his 2nd set.
He actually gave me the first set of Aeros I had, still have actually.  A green set of Groove S from when aero just started in the UK, he got them, didn't like them and swapped me for an old set of classic 2 (in red) I had that I loved for indoor, played a few games with them and I loved them and that's what I've had since 2013!
Big game this weekend at home to Garioch, the start of a run of 3 home games.  win them all and I'd say we're safe.  the leagues very tight with only 4 points separating 2nd place (promotion playoff) and 5th place (relegation playoff).  Cumbernauld will go down automatically no doubt about it, but if we can win our next 3 home games, we might very well be safe, and dare I say it, looking for a promotion playoff which would be an incredible achievement with the young, inexperienced team we've been fielding.
Just hope we don't need anything the last game to stay safe, as its Turriff away, one of the quickest, shortest carpets ive played on. from ditch to ditch its only like a 3/4 length jack, very bizarre!

Be very hard to get consistent with so many different sets, especially indoor l. Must just be naturally gifted lol. What’s the s on the old grooves??? Are they tighter??

I’m going for a tiger 2 for outdoor as I play lead but keep to a tiger indoor.

You playing!? I thought they all had to be a minimum and maximum? I know Falkirk has two sets of re spots but that’s for Scottish events I believe