Dance Songs

SOL

That version of Arty is long gone unfortunately, at least under the Arty name. Used to be my favourite producer with stuff like Hope, Kate, and Gentle Touch, which is one of my favourite dance songs of all time. He's firmly in the "trouse" camp now, although I really liked Together We Are. He was really good when I saw him in March though. Give his Alpha 9 alias a listen.

:huh:

Edit: Just realised you probably meant trance/house in which case, aye, his sound is more of a crossover these days.

Together We Are is a good tune, although I prefer When I See You and Grand Final from his recent stuff.

Edited by lanky_ffc

I've found myself listening to dance music more and more recently, but it's always been the obvious "mainstream" stuff like Armin Van Buuren, SHM and the like.

I was wanting to find out more about this genre than just the obvious stuff, but I don't even know where to start tbh. Does anyone have any recommendations where to start? Preferably not any kind of hardcore stuff or that dubstep nonsense, just decent dance/house music. Cheers.

ETA: Before anyone says "just read this thread", that's fine but I wouldn't know someone with a good tune from someone with tons of good tunes.

Edited by Guest

How do you listen to music? Can recommend some dece podcasts/radio shows if you use iTunes or Soundcloud.

I don't have iTunes but do have a Soundcloud account.

Ta.

Podcasts I listen to are A State of Trance by Armin van Buuren, Group Therapy by Above and Beyond, Future Sound of Egypt by Aly and Fila, Epic Radio by Eric Prydz and a couple of others. Mostly trance/progressive rather than house but highly recommended. Maybe avoid FSOE for entry level.

Hardwell on Air, Smash the House Radio by Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike, Protocol Radio are the big three i listen to every single week.

Anyone else heading out to Coloursfest soon!? Leaving Fife at about 5pm, cannot fucking wait!! If anyone sees me, come up and say Hello, and if you need something for the car on the way there, i've got it covered!

https://soundcloud.com/iainlatto/1-hour-progressive-and-electro

Hardwell on Air, Smash the House Radio by Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike, Protocol Radio are the big three i listen to every single week.

Anyone else heading out to Coloursfest soon!? Leaving Fife at about 5pm, cannot fucking wait!! If anyone sees me, come up and say Hello, and if you need something for the car on the way there, i've got it covered!

Quite a good mix that. Enjoyed it.

Who did you end up seeing then?

Just everyone that was on the main stage from Sandro Silva onwards. That was everyone i wanted to see so was nice and handy. Arty was surprisingly excellent, then Chuckie was my personal highlight, then Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike were exactly as I expected.

Cannae wait for tomorrowland now!

Same here actually, spent the whole night in the main arena. We got in around 9ish so saw the last half hour of Arty's set which was excellent, although the atmosphere was slightly flat as it was still early. From then on I thought each act was better than the one before. DV & LM were my favourites, absolutely banging!

Did you get yourself a foam hand when Laidback Luke was on? I got a pair and had to carry them when flying home yesterday as they wouldn't fit in my bag :lol: