Dance Songs

SOL

Decided to invest in some new decks - any suggestions? Definitely going with Pioneer CDJs.
Second hand a good idea? Are the lower end ones worth the cash (I'm not spending £1k+ on a CD player!)? Best place to buy? 
Thanks in advance.

Sorry just seen this so don't know if you're sorted @Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

I bought the budget Pioneer CDJ350 for £500 plus flight case from this Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/261437500595978/
Happy with them and what I paid.

My first pair were Numark NDX 400 that I got for £120+ the mixer from Gumtree..
They both take USB sticks.

If it's just for messing around with then the Numarks would be fine IMO
I'm already looking to trade up.
You know what it's like, always wanting new kit.
[emoji1]
Oh one other place was cash converters online. Do a UK search because they'll deliver and don't think they're too steep.
Plus you get a warranty of 6 months I think.

23 minutes ago, Heart of Northern said:

Sorry just seen this so don't know if you're sorted @Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

I bought the budget Pioneer CDJ350 for £500 plus flight case from this Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/261437500595978/
Happy with them and what I paid.

My first pair were Numark NDX 400 that I got for £120+ the mixer from Gumtree..
They both take USB sticks.

If it's just for messing around with then the Numarks would be fine IMO
I'm already looking to trade up.
You know what it's like, always wanting new kit.
emoji1.png
Oh one other place was cash converters online. Do a UK search because they'll deliver and don't think they're too steep.
Plus you get a warranty of 6 months I think.

Cheers. I've gone ahead and bought a DJM-450 mixer. Not regretting it in the slightest. A seriously good piece of kit. Went into Rubadub in Glasgow and they chucked in a case for a tenner too. Still using my old Denon CDJs through it but will probably get a couple of XDJ-700s (there is a couple for sale on your link, I notice) but am unsure whether the lack of CD Players will be a pain. I doubt it will matter, to be honest - I've always got the old CDJs if necessary anyway.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Track is too new to be on Youtube so please excuse the shitey Beatport link but I heard this on the Let There Be House podcast and fell in love with it, Kings of Tomorrow, Sandy Rivera, piano key change, everything I love about house music

https://www.beatport.com/track/faded-feat-kandace-springs-sandy-rivera-classic-mix/10025189  

Had to do a factory reset on my laptop lost around 300-400gb music so building it up again. 

My knowledge of deep house isn't as good as other genres I listen to, main things I like are the soulful, sample based sounds  from Detroit artists like Moodymann, Theo Parrish and releases from both of their labels.

@Jupiter Jazz @Daydream @tongue_tied_danny

Think you 3 know a bit about this, do you have any recommendations? 

47 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Had to do a factory reset on my laptop lost around 300-400gb music so building it up again. 

My knowledge of deep house isn't as good as other genres I listen to, main things I like are the soulful, sample based sounds  from Detroit artists like Moodymann, Theo Parrish and releases from both of their labels.

@Jupiter Jazz @Daydream @tongue_tied_danny

Think you 3 know a bit about this, do you have any recommendations? 

The 'deep house' genre seems to have been around for ever so it's hard to even describe what it even is.   Contemporary deep house seems to be largely vocal based mid-tempo house, but I don't think that's what you're after.  I'd class these albums as deep house:

DJ Sprinkles - Queerifications & Ruins

DJ Sprinkles - Where Dancefloors Stand Still

Ron Trent - Primitive Arts

Also these are great (Larry Heard/Mr Fingers productions).

1 hour ago, Daydream said:

The 'deep house' genre seems to have been around for ever so it's hard to even describe what it even is.   Contemporary deep house seems to be largely vocal based mid-tempo house, but I don't think that's what you're after.  I'd class these albums as deep house:

DJ Sprinkles - Queerifications & Ruins

DJ Sprinkles - Where Dancefloors Stand Still

Ron Trent - Primitive Arts

Also these are great (Larry Heard/Mr Fingers productions).

It's a bit like sub genres of jazz in terms of size that's why I mentioned the artists that I like. Have listened to Heard/Fingers, Ron Trent/Chez Damier/Prescription Records, Omar S, Pepe Braddock etc, like the Detroit releases the most though. 

Always prefer mixes to albums. People like Giles Smith and James Priestley, Justin Carter and Eamonn Harkin, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Catz n Dogz, Cassy, Prosumer.

Other than those mentioned from Detroit i'd say Rick Wilhite.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

• 2 weeks later...