Dance Songs

SOL

I see that 69below has shut down. Pity as it was a cracking wee venue with a great sound system. Proper sweat box and one of the best nights out I've ever had was at 4strings a couple of years ago in there.

https://soundcloud.com/trancelateevents/4-strings-classics-set'>Listen to 4 Strings (Classics Set) @ Trancelate presents 4 Strings (Classics) & Manuel Le Saux 8.2.14 by TranceLate #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/trancelateevents/4-strings-classics-set

I see that 69below has shut down. Pity as it was a cracking wee venue with a great sound system. Proper sweat box and one of the best nights out I've ever had was at 4strings a couple of years ago in there.

''>
'>Listen to 4 Strings (Classics Set) @ Trancelate presents 4 Strings (Classics) & Manuel Le Saux 8.2.14 by TranceLate #np on #SoundCloud

Aye that is a real shame, the Funktion 1 sound system is one of the best I've heard in a club anywhere, ear blisteringly loud but also crystal clear. The hardstyle nights in there were fucking madness; only really Classic Grand and SWG3 left for small/medium sized events of that nature in Glasgow.

Aye that is a real shame, the Funktion 1 sound system is one of the best I've heard in a club anywhere, ear blisteringly loud but also crystal clear. The hardstyle nights in there were fucking madness; only really Classic Grand and SWG3 left for small/medium sized events of that nature in Glasgow.

Tur on Queen Street is a bit similar to 69below and Trancelate have been moving their events to either Tur or Classic Grand. I went to Amit Hussain and Ben Nicky last October their and loved the venue. Although I was in love with everyone and everything that night.

Nah, not this year. Couldn't get many of us up for it. Going to Groove Armada at the Liquid Rooms the night before Ibiza on the 18th September, though! haha

Also bought tickets for Mosiac (Maceo Plex, Tales of Us) at Warehouse Project in November and looking to get Nightvision tickets in December for Kolsch and Jonas Rathsman. We almost had Halloween tickets for Elrow in Manchester but one mate fannying around cost us that opportunity. Could have strangled him!!

Edited by Lang Toun Lad

A rather good weekend. Friday night I went to Cirez D and he was excellent.

On Saturday there wasn't much that we fancied until later on so went a walk around the place to find something we liked. Utter dugmeat on the mainstages. We sat down at the ravers return bar chatting to randoms and having a laugh whilst Otto Knows was on the south stage. Absolutely brutal. He goes from some edm track into Opus but can't mix it he just talks then starts playing it then he goes into some deep house track then back into some edm track. It was if he had shuffle on his iPod. Headed off to the Cream tent as Andrew Bayer was on followed by Grum and then Above & Beyond. Great sets from all of them and good to see Grum on at a decent time this year.

Sunday was the best day for it. All day in the trance tent. Paul Oakenfold never turned up so that made everyone move right a hour and Rob Haggerty(?) Play a extra hour. Will Atkinson comes on at 1430 and the tent erupts. Excellent set from him then he's followed by Bryan Kearney, JOC, PVD (gave him a miss), Gareth Emery and Aly & Fila finish off the night. Amazing way to spend a Sunday.

Fucking disgrace of a decision. London was the birthplace of garage, dubstep, grime and dozens of other massive and important movements of dance music and the councils do not give a solitary shit if London becomes a cultural backwater if they can sell some more flats.

Fucking disgrace of a decision. London was the birthplace of garage, dubstep, grime and dozens of other massive and important movements of dance music and the councils do not give a solitary shit if London becomes a cultural backwater if they can sell some more flats.

Same as other clubs - Hanger 13 and the Arches to name two for the same reason. Both of these were widely seen as being drug friendly, maybe not by the owners but certainly punters.

I've been into the hardcore scene for 25 years and I have never got the whole drug thing, for me the music is my drug.

You're not going to find a single club that caters to dance music that isn't seen as "drug friendly". Even the big gigs at the Royal Highland Centre and their stringent measures don't even come close to catching everyone smuggling in pills. Like it or not drugs are synonymous with electronic music and for every person that claims the music is their drug there's another person that enhances their night with chemicals. Incidentally that doesn't make them any less of a fan.

You're not going to find a single club that caters to dance music that isn't seen as "drug friendly". Even the big gigs at the Royal Highland Centre and their stringent measures don't even come close to catching everyone smuggling in pills. Like it or not drugs are synonymous with electronic music and for every person that claims the music is their drug there's another person that enhances their night with chemicals. Incidentally that doesn't make them any less of a fan.

I was just saying that I'm not some fuddy duddy that hates dance music and everything that comes with it.

Someone can chew their face off all night if that's what they want to do, I choose not to.

You are not going to stop drugs being taken and the only thing the authorties have at this point is to close the offending places down.

Why not drag ourselves into the 21st century and have safe testing stations like they have (had) in Holland ?

I was just saying that I'm not some fuddy duddy that hates dance music and everything that comes with it.

Someone can chew their face off all night if that's what they want to do, I choose not to.

You are not going to stop drugs being taken and the only thing the authorties have at this point is to close the offending places down.

Why not drag ourselves into the 21st century and have safe testing stations like they have (had) in Holland ?

You're contradicting yourself here. The police do not only have the option of shutting these places down. They've been wilfully obstructive and painfully out of touch with the discussion. It's the police that point blank refuse to allow testing stations within venues. You also had police responses ranging from turning the music off every hour for five minutes in the Arches case and suggesting that it was faster BPMs that were encouraging people to take more drugs. The point I made was that if you're going to shut every offending place down then you will have to shut every single club, festival and bigger event spaces down because there is no clean venue.