Dance Songs

SOL

Anyone got any gigs coming up?

I'm heading down to Manchester on the Easter weekend to catch Carl Cox & Friends at the Albert Hall on the Saturday. Fancied going down Friday too for Dixon & Ame but when Green Velvet & Alan Fitzpatrick were announced for Easter Sunday in Edinburgh there was only going to be one night winning.

Also seeing Jamie Jones & Adam Beyer at the Liquid Rooms for Nightvision's season 4 closing party (April 29th).

Will be out in Amsterdam in April so might so who is playing then and Ibiza has been booked for 18th to 24th September. Will catch Carl Cox doing his last set at Space and hopefully a couple of other closing nights.

Edited by Lang Toun Lad

I'm heading down to Manchester on the Easter weekend to catch Carl Cox & Friends at the Albert Hall on the Saturday. Fancied going down Friday too for Dixon & Ame but when Green Velvet & Alan Fitzpatrick were announced for Easter Sunday in Edinburgh there was only going to be one night winning.

Also seeing Jamie Jones & Adam Beyer at the Liquid Rooms for Nightvision's season 4 closing party (April 29th).

Will be out in Amsterdam in April so might so who is playing then and Ibiza has been booked for 18th to 24th September. Will catch Carl Cox doing his last set at Space and hopefully a couple of other closing nights.

Heading down to Birmingham at the end of March to Trancecoda at the Boxxed Warehouse. Paul Van Dyk is the main headliner but I'll be giving him a wide berth (that is if he's playing after falling off the stage at ASOT) the main highlight is a 10 hour set from John Askew plus Andy Moor, Ben Nicky and Menno De Jong. Venue looks class as well.

eta: The Albert Hall in Manchester is a good venue I went down a couple of years ago and the place was bouncing.

Edited by BigMartyn86

Maybe Dense and Pika on Saturday. George Fitz and Bonobo soon then probably Moxie/ Shanti Celeste and Ben UFO/ Optimo at the end of the month.

off the top of my head...

RENEGADE SOUNDWAVE - RENEGADE SOUNDWAVE (LEFTFIELD REMIX)

THE DRUM CLUB - SOUND SYSTEM (UNDERWORLD MIX)

FLUKE - BUBBLE (BURST BUBBLE)

THK - FRANCE

UNDERWORLD - REZ

Edited by G-MAN

I'm looking forward to it. The set up looks pretty good. Any tips on the venue or wher to do before hand?

We went down for Gareth Emery's album launch of Drive and the doors were opening about 8ish so we planned on getting there about half 7 to go to the Brewdog pub right next door for a couple of hours but our taxi dropped us off and the queue was up the street and round the corner so we decided to just join the queue. Waited ages to get in as they've got quite a strict search policy. Amnesty bins, sniffer dogs, personal searches. Once in the bars and that are quick at serving. Place is huge although you aren't that far away from the stage/DJ it's also a great sound in the main hall/arena as well. That was a class night. Had to endure a Christina Novelli DJ set then Danny Howard before Gareth Emery came on. It went up a notch after that as Craig Connelly and Bryan Kearney came on and all the posers fucked off. Think it's owned by the same people as The Warehouse Project if that counts for anything.

We were down for the two nights and in the Friday went up to the northern quarter. Good bars there but it's hipster central, the printworks is more of your fun pubs and Deansgate lock is good as well. The best music we heard all night on the Friday though was down Canal Street.

Edited by BigMartyn86

Remember travelling to Dunfermline about 4 hours after a night out and listening to this. So good.

It's awesome. One of the best things I've ever done was start a 5 song challenge with my cousin who is also a good friend and fellow dance music lover. Started it about 2 years ago and both of us have similar but slightly different tastes in dance music so I would send him 5 trance/classic songs and he would send me 5 house/newer songs and it's been brilliant as its broadened both of our horizons.