Nightshift.

Do any of you night shift c***s actually do any work?

Do they f**k, I used to spend my nightshift eating the produce and getting paid for sleeping.

I'm in the admissions ward and we do either 2 nights 3 off then another 2on/3off or a run of 3 each month it is absolutely non stop in our ward but I love it shifts just fly by, quite often a lot busier than the day shifts, the only bad thing that I've experienced is minor hallucinations due to tiredness at the end of the run of 3

(I'm unlucky this month, have 2x 3 runs of nights )

Been watching beer lines being cleaned for three hours now. If I hear one person complain about their pint tomorrow I'll give them a pint of line cleaning fluid instead.

On a positive note, having a shite in the ladies' toilets is a weirdly great experience.

• 5 years later...
Thread bump.  Nightshift is brilliant, currently on 9 of 14.  
Tonight, I've been to the gym, spent a couple of hours fannying about online and currently watching Boston Celtics v Toronto Raptors.
The changeover when you go home is literally the only negative to nightshift. Honestly have no idea how I didnt end up in the disciplinary process for internet usage during my last 9 or so months of 3 weekers.

The changeover when you go home is literally the only negative to nightshift. Honestly have no idea how I didnt end up in the disciplinary process for internet usage during my last 9 or so months of 3 weekers.

I’m actually pretty good at changing back over, 2 weeks I can change over by the time the chopper lands. 3 weeks, takes me a day, maybe 2 at the most. You know yourself, absolutely f**k all gets done on nightshift.

54 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I’m actually pretty good at changing back over, 2 weeks I can change over by the time the chopper lands. 3 weeks, takes me a day, maybe 2 at the most. You know yourself, absolutely f**k all gets done on nightshift.

I was never big on sleeping at my old work, specially towards the end of the trip where I was fully in night mode anyway. In my current work I tend to fall off my perch more frequently.