Nightshift.

Hitting the gym after the work when it's completely dead is fucking great. Don't have to deal with the normal dick heads that are kicking about posing and no ques for anything.

Yep same here with me, absolutely blitz the gym with nobody in your way or hogging the weights.

I went out last night and I'm absolutely hinging on this shift. Two hours into a twelve hour shift. It's going to be a long night.

Yep same here with me, absolutely blitz the gym with nobody in your way or hogging the weights.

I went out last night and I'm absolutely hinging on this shift. Two hours into a twelve hour shift. It's going to be a long night.

Since I started at this job I've only went in hungover twice, it's 10x worse than a shift during the day.

Good luck :lol:

I work in the Railway and was out 10 to 10 last night in the middle of nowhere. Came home about half past 10 and slept until half twelve because i'm working in the office tomorrow at 8.

Todays been a write off.

That's what I did for 9 years, thank f**k I don't do it anymore, especially being stuck out in places like Rannoch Moor where the weather can be absolutely awful.

I hated my nightshift, it was cleaning and I wasn't allowed a Friday or Saturday night off ever because they didn't want to train another person to do my job.

Absolute panic stations when I handed in my notice and I was promised pay rises I should've received months before.

That's what I did for 9 years, thank f**k I don't do it anymore, especially being stuck out in places like Rannoch Moor where the weather can be absolutely awful.

Have only been sent down there once (the day of the 2007 RWC final to give an English based squad the night off to watch it). But I am now on almost constant night shift 6 nights a week. Booked out as possession support/ PICOP assistant which means heading anywhere covers by Network Rail that is covered by there operations east and not having any contact with anyone at work apart from on the phone for weeks on end.

Have only been sent down there once (the day of the 2007 RWC final to give an English based squad the night off to watch it). But I am now on almost constant night shift 6 nights a week. Booked out as possession support/ PICOP assistant which means heading anywhere covers by Network Rail that is covered by there operations east and not having any contact with anyone at work apart from on the phone for weeks on end

Getting out of the van for 10 minutes to place PLBs and dets, back to the van for a kip or watching dvds and then back to lift the PLBs and dets in the morning and heading home. :P

Edited by blanco

Hated it. Felt like my days off were lost as I was catching up on sleep and trying to readjust myself back to a normal sleeping pattern. Had multiple sleepless nights followed by working days where I would struggle to actually do anything as by that point I was shattered.

Upside is I lost weight as I never knew when to eat.

Couldn't do it again. My partner does it and she prefers them to day shifts, she can just readjust to a normal sleeping pattern in the space of a day (she basically stays up till midday then manages to sleep until the following morning feeling fine) and is happy for the extra money.

Hated it. Felt like my days off were lost as I was catching up on sleep and trying to readjust myself back to a normal sleeping pattern. Had multiple sleepless nights followed by working days where I would struggle to actually do anything as by that point I was shattered.

Upside is I lost weight as I never knew when to eat.

Couldn't do it again. My partner does it and she prefers them to day shifts, she can just readjust to a normal sleeping pattern in the space of a day (she basically stays up till midday then manages to sleep until the following morning feeling fine) and is happy for the extra money.

The eating side of things to nightshift doesn't bother me as I can adjust pretty easily. I can still eat cereal at 6 at night followed by my normal meal plan from then on. My only downside is the first night as you usually eat more than you should due to the amount of hours you're up.

Second last nightshift of the week tonight, it doesn't feel like a Wednesday anyway.

Like many others, my job is office-based, so I never get the opportunity to do the night-shift.

However, I can't help but think that the minority of people who are required to do it make out its a big deal to elicit sympathy from the majority of people who don't need to.

In short, I reckon it's a lot of fuss over nothing ... at worst a minor inconvenience for which your employer rewards you handsomely.

A bit like being pregnant.

:ph34r:

Alright lads how was the shift last night? I had a nourishing 8 hours kip uninterrupted. Feeling alive and full of verve this morning.

First sleep of the week today when I've actually gotten a decent sleep. Slept from about 745-330 then 330-615. Last shift of the week and just under 3 hours to go. Friday is a killer for me to try stay up though.

I find just staying awake all day after the last nightshift is the way to go. Don't get me wrong, it's quite tough and you start hallucinating but keep yourself busy and it's ok. Almost feels like a day gained if spent productively.

I used to do this, although the worst experience I had was going to visit my gran and waking up on her couch at 3AM, I'd fallen asleep watching telly after tea and she didn't want to wake me up so left me alone and went to bed.

Couldn't find her house keys either so I was left watching council telly until she woke up and I could go home.