Nightshift.

I've got phuck all to do the rest of tonight unless something breaks down. I've been sitting around doing nothing since about 1:15am and I'm soo bored. I'm currently having my 6th cup of coffee this shift.

I've never done a full night shift but I did work a back shift - 4 to 12pm.

I actually quite liked it. I'm not really a morning person so I quite liked getting up about 9 or 10 and having a leisurely breakfast. Also when I do 9-5 I tended to come home tired, have dinner, lie around for a bit and then go to bed. When I worked back shift I'd usually go out during the day and do something before I started because I wasn't tired from work.

Also with back shift your sleep pattern in basically the same and if anything better cos you can lie in a bit longer.

The worst thing about it really was switching shifts leaving work at 11pm and having to be in the office again at 7am for a long day shift. That was brutal.

I'm back shift today it's great I only have to do actual work until 8.30-9 then sit about for hours on Netflix or something. The only problem with backshift is if you can't be arsed going in and you've to spend all day thinking about it.

Im a Renal Care assistant part time(30hrs) do a mix of earlies/lates/nights

Love doing the nightshift as no senior charge nurses around. Usually get a good bit of banter with the nurses and other RCA's

weekends on nights are great entertainment as we look onto the A&E entrance and see all the shenanigans that go on ! :thumsup2

Edited by rustyarabnuts

That sounds horrible.

It does sound awful. If I done that it would feel like I lived no life and just worked.

This week I've got myself into a routine. Worked from 10-615, drove back down the road and go to the gym about 730. Back home and in bed for 10 and sleep until 6. Chill out for a bit, prepare my meals and leave for work at 830.

Good feeling knowing my weekend begins at 615 this morning.

week on week off 7-7 is what i do these days and it is good when you work less than half the year due to holidays on top of that. I usually sleep From 0930/100 - 1630. The main thing i struggle with is eating properly, becomes very hard to stick to any sort of routine given you dont fancy certain foods first thing or in the middle of the night.

Used to work nightshift at Sainsburys in Aberdeen whilst at college. It tied in rather well as I worked 10pm till 8am on Thursday & Friday nights. College was on the Monday and Tuesday so I had a day or two to adjust myself in between. Was also good on Saturday as I'd stay up and watch the football, by the time evening rolled around I was exhausted so sleep came very easily

Had to jack it in after my college days changed and they weren't able to give me a new shift, c***s :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Got a job at Domino's whilst at uni because I'm skint, and it's brutal. Working 5pm til 7am on a Friday then 5pm to 5am on the Saturday. Although it's on the weekend it fucks up my sleeping pattern something rotten, which obviously isn't v. good for attending lectures etc. It's also minimum wage so only £5.13 an hour.

Miserable scenes :(

Going to pack this in next semester, just failed a course module. My uni work has really suffered because of this fucking pish.

I work offshore, alternate between a trip of days then a trip of nights. I have been home for over two weeks now and my bod clock is still fooked. I feel absolutely fine doing them, but being night shift 2-3 weeks on the trot really turns your body upside down sometimes.

Got a job at Domino's whilst at uni because I'm skint, and it's brutal. Working 5pm til 7am on a Friday then 5pm to 5am on the Saturday. Although it's on the weekend it fucks up my sleeping pattern something rotten, which obviously isn't v. good for attending lectures etc. It's also minimum wage so only £5.13 an hour.

Miserable scenes :(

I worked at a certain fast food chain part-time for six months this year and ended up having to do quite a few nightshifts. Absolutely hated having to deal with steaming roasters wanting burgers at 3am and they only paid us about £3 more for an overnight shift. I was delighted when I got to pack it in.

I do Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 10-8 and Thursday 11-6. The wages aren't great for nights (time + 1/4) but the job is a piece of piss.

This is certainly the worst time of the year for working nights as you can go for days without seeing any daylight at all. Although I guess if you're stuck in an office job you might be like that during the day as well.