Nightshift.

I usually work 12 hour nights when i'm offshore. It's alright, although can be depressing if your working far north during the winter, 5 weeks of not seeing sunlight unless you wake before 1500.

My main problem is the length of time it takes for me to return to normality when I return home, my sleeping pattern is all over the place for around a week.

I usually work 12 hour nights when i'm offshore. It's alright, although can be depressing if your working far north during the winter, 5 weeks of not seeing sunlight unless you wake before 1500.

My main problem is the length of time it takes for me to return to normality when I return home, my sleeping pattern is all over the place for around a week.

We are trying to get the company to let us to 1 week of nights then 1 week of days every trip.

We should do nights every 3rd of 4th week but due to vavancies we have been doing it much more regular. Going off on nights is shit as it takes people a while to turn back round. 1 week of nights then 1 week of days every trip would be great. Although I have just turned round from Nnights and Im currently awake. Its my own fault for sleeping so early last night.

Can I ask who you work for?

You'd be the luckiest chancer I've known if that comes off!

Maersk Oil.

It wouldnt be a permanent change. Just until we get the department back up to speed with no green hats etc.

I did drive overnights for a while. I enjoyed it. But I found sleeping during the day herd. Trains rattling passed the house etc. I would end up getting up by eleven.

I've just finished my first week of nightshift (Sunday-Thursday 22:00 - 06:00), so far my sleeping patterns are a bit fucked, and since I have a week's annual leave from next Wednesday, I'll probably have to start from scratch in sorting them out.

That said, it's been a fairly easy week as I've been able to just get on with my work without any hassle. The increased shift allowance should come in handy as well!

I do nightshift in a mental hospital, much prefer it to days. Days are a pain in the arse.

Aye, but you're a patient. You don't get out.

Shhhh.

He thinks he's the boss.

Tell him he's getting a pay rise.

I do nightshift in a mental hospital, much prefer it to days. Days are a pain in the arse.

Ailsa?

My monday shift next week is a 2.45am start. Finished by 8.30, which is the up side.

I've been in the police for the last 8 years and we do a completely soul destroying mix of shifts. Early shift is either 7am-3pm or 7am-5pm. Backshift either 2pm-midnight or 5pm-3am. Nightshift is 9pm-7am - not longest shifts but doing no more than 4 shifts and getting 2 days off before new shift destroys you.

Nightshift tonight - packed with flu - not a good mix!

But generally night shifts are tremendous - no bosses about to stick their noses in!!

We are trying to get the company to let us to 1 week of nights then 1 week of days every trip.

We should do nights every 3rd of 4th week but due to vavancies we have been doing it much more regular. Going off on nights is shit as it takes people a while to turn back round. 1 week of nights then 1 week of days every trip would be great. Although I have just turned round from Nnights and Im currently awake. Its my own fault for sleeping so early last night.

Platform jessies :P

I work 4 weeks of nights or 4 weeks of days when im away

Platform jessies :P

I work 4 weeks of nights or 4 weeks of days when im away

I prefer the term Survey boat w****r. I'm not some sort of yokel rigger from the North East of England.

We're supposed to change over every rotation, but we've been stuck with quite a few newbies in my department so I have to run nightshift due to being the second processor.

I prefer the term Survey boat w****r. I'm not some sort of yokel rigger from the North East of England.

We're supposed to change over every rotation, but we've been stuck with quite a few newbies in my department so I have to run nightshift due to being the second processor.

i do boss day or nights,i actually prefer nights,nae phonecalls from town and only 1 meeting,plus ive been overseas for the last 12 years so sometimes being on nights is the same time as here

Defence watches in the navy was brutal for the first couple of days but your body somehow gets used to it for a good few weeks. 6 hours on 6 hours off. Everything becomes a blur. Especially when you've not seen daylight for ages.

Now I'm outside the navy working as a machine operator in the glassworks in Alloa and we are on the continental shift plan. 7 days, 7 nights and a whole week off every month.

Defence watches in the navy was brutal for the first couple of days but your body somehow gets used to it for a good few weeks. 6 hours on 6 hours off. Everything becomes a blur. Especially when you've not seen daylight for ages.

Now I'm outside the navy working as a machine operator in the glassworks in Alloa and we are on the continental shift plan. 7 days, 7 nights and a whole week off every month.

We did 10 on 10 off but we did see daylight seeing as how we were WAFUs :P

Quicker by Air etc. :ass

Except when there's a full moon obviously...

Full moon nightshifts are brilliant! Nurses like to try and scare the students with ghost stories. In both the Southern and the Royal, a doctor stopped and gave a patient directions while on his way to a cardiac arrest. When he got to the patient, she was the woman he'd just given directions to! :o

Plus there's never a dull moment. It can be a good laugh if you're on with the right team. I'd happily work permanent nights if I ended up in a general ward.