Nightshift.

I've never done a proper nightshift,ive worked in a nightclub

it was a bit of a pain tbh but i would do it every day if it meant i could stop this utter utter shite 6am on a Sunday morning shift i cant rid myself of

I honestly think i would hate working in a nightclub... (with the exeption of the odd bit of clunge swatching!)

My nightshift consists of complete silence, it`s bliss. I`ll occasionally put some music on, but i do enjoy the quietness.

Not long finished my 16th nightshift in a row. Five to go until hometime :D

Much prefer doing this compared to my last job onshore where I was a week of days, week of back then a week of nights. ALWAYS tired. Horrible.

By the time you get to the 3rd one you're in the swing of things so 21 would end up feeling pretty natural.

I have to do a set of 5 nights every 6 weeks. It's sometimes very busy and sometimes dead. When it's quiet it's boring and I end up feeling tired quite easily.

I always thought coffee was a bad thing as it dehydrates you.

I've started doing a few nightshifts in my work. I work in a hotel, primarily as banqueting staff, but it's a 0-hour contract and there's never any guarantee of shifts. The functions dry up in the summer so it's a good idea to get your foot in the door in another department, and they're always looking for people to do nights. I don't get paid any more for it though which is shite.

At night I'm a porter, so I'm doing room service, really small, boring tasks (like hoovering) and three security walks. It's not too bad but it can get really boring if no-one wants room service.

I've started doing a few nightshifts in my work. I work in a hotel, primarily as banqueting staff, but it's a 0-hour contract and there's never any guarantee of shifts. The functions dry up in the summer so it's a good idea to get your foot in the door in another department, and they're always looking for people to do nights. I don't get paid any more for it though which is shite.

At night I'm a porter, so I'm doing room service, really small, boring tasks (like hoovering) and three security walks. It's not too bad but it can get really boring if no-one wants room service.

I worked at Airth Castle Hotel as a night porter and enjoyed it,i did 4 on 4 off doing 10 hour shifts.

I didn't like it. In the house for half 7 an basically went in bed until 5-6 as I was knackered all the time. I had to leave at 8 for a 10 start so I had almost no time to myself at all.

I worked at Airth Castle Hotel as a night porter and enjoyed it,i did 4 on 4 off doing 10 hour shifts.

I do 21:30-07:00. Because of the 0-hour situation I can only really work to cover holidays and stuff and when they need a hand, so I just did two nights there and doing three in a fortnight's time. My friend is doing eight in a row. I don't pity him. I quite enjoy it, it's the easiest work possible, but it's just quite boring. A lot of sitting about.

I much prefer the actual shifts. Much easier pace and no management to harass you, plus in the job I'm in a much smaller number of arseholes to deal with. Hated the way it fucked my sleeping pattern though. I was getting home at 7 in the morning not falling asleep till 8 and then I was awake again by 1 o'clock. Didn't find it healthy in the slightest.

I do 21:30-07:00. Because of the 0-hour situation I can only really work to cover holidays and stuff and when they need a hand, so I just did two nights there and doing three in a fortnight's time. My friend is doing eight in a row. I don't pity him. I quite enjoy it, it's the easiest work possible, but it's just quite boring. A lot of sitting about.

My helper at work is on a zero hour contract and I personaly don't like them,he has worked with UPS for 16 months and not had a holiday.

My helper at work is on a zero hour contract and I personaly don't like them,he has worked with UPS for 16 months and not had a holiday.

Even if you are on a zero-hour contract you are statutorily entitled to paid annual leave.

He has been told he is accruing holidays but will not get paid them until he comes off his zero contract,i am trying to get the boss to put him on a PT 20 hour contract.

Sounds like their trying to play the system, he should be looking to get them telt.

I worked permanent nightshift for a while and although it is hard going you can organise your life round it, only had to work 4 nights a week which was good, Really hard in the summer to get enough sleep though especially in the good weather, my wife works days so I had to drop the kids off to school in the morning after work and then get them in the afternoon ,hard going but you get used to it.