Nightshift.

A lot of people I know can't handle it but I actually enjoy working it, No one there to bother you. Can finish early most nights all going well and It's a great feeling going home when everyone else hasn't started.

Generally sleep a lot less when working nights. About 4 hours a day does me.

Me, litres of coffee and Absolute Radio tonight.:D

Anyone else enjoy it?

I loved it. Mainly because it was an easy job, but moreso because it was 4 on 4 off, superb, particularly in the summer. And 4 days' annual leave got you 12 days off.

I miss nightshift.

I work in a club in Glasgow. It is near enough night shift and it's good until you get to work but after work is great, 15 minutes for a 10 mile journey. During work is horrific.

I did that to get me through Uni - working 15 hour shifts and doing everything from letting in the cleaners, taking the money on the door, locking the place up and unblocking the lavvies during opening times. :D

Those were the days.

A lot of people I know can't handle it but I actually enjoy working it, No one there to bother you. Can finish early most nights all going well and It's a great feeling going home when everyone else hasn't started.

Generally sleep a lot less when working nights. About 4 hours a day does me.

Me, litres of coffee and Absolute Radio tonight.:D

Anyone else enjoy it?

Aye me. I love it. It's a great contrast to my home life, but it also compliments it beautifully.

iPlayer and Kenco are my friends.

In 35 years of working in the construction side of the petro-chemical industry, I can confirm that the majority of people that enjoy nightshifts are the lazy useless b*****ds in the industry.

I'd never work a nightshift if given a choice. Fucking hate having to do them occasionally.

Edited by Monkey

In 35 years of working in the construction side of the petro-chemical industry, I can confirm that the majority of people that enjoy nightshifts are the lazy useless b*****ds in the industry.

I'd never work a nightshift if given a choice. Fucking hate having to do them occasionally.

....they are getting paid more than you and you are upset about it huh? :rolleyes:

Aye me. I love it. It's a great contrast to my home life, but it also compliments it beautifully.

iPlayer and Kenco are my friends.

No need to mask insecurity by displaying your two best mates.

Think it depends on what job your doing. I work in a Engineering plant in Aberdeen repairing compressors and fans for the rigs and 12 hours on the night shift can be a long long time. In an office though I can imagine it being an absolute canter.

Think it depends on what job your doing. I work in a Engineering plant in Aberdeen repairing compressors and fans for the rigs and 12 hours on the night shift can be a long long time. In an office though I can imagine it being an absolute canter.

A 12 hour nightshift is no harder than a 12 hour dayshift though - in either environment - and Id rather be on my four on four off pattern than work 5x8s.