Luther

Shuggie_Murray7

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit of a damp squib of an ending to this particular story line. So he takes the boys mask of and he becomes a wee shite bag? I was expecting a big grand finish to it, especialy after he kidnapped and tortured Ripley.

Oh and did anyone else notice how he just ignored the fact his hand got nailed to a table? At one point he even used the hand to help the hooker climb out of the boot.

Yeah, you can't really think about what has happened to people. You just get whisked along with the storyline with no time to consider the consequences.

I did think it failed to live up to the denouement of the previous episode. Although the logic behind him relying on the mask was all there it was a total anti climax.

I liked last night's episode. My particular highlight was the revelation that the guy had a twin just as "Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)" started playing.

It's so easy to get sucked in by this programme and just forget that it's OTT. Hopefully they will have a few more episodes planned.

I thought it was OK this week. While entertaining, I can't help but think tht season 2 is failing to live up to season 1.

At least the story continues into next week. Near the end I was thinking "this better not end like this". The whole identical twin thing is actually quite a cool twist I think. Still not sure what the wee dice and notbook is all about but looking forward to finding out.

It does seem like it is struggling to keep up with the standard of the first season. We don't really have that one kind of villan that matches luther in terms of intelligence. We had the lass in the last season who was dangerous and obsessed with him, not to mention his love for his wife and the triangle that came from it. There was also the small matter of the serial paedo that he nearly killed that had a tight grip on a bit of the series, and if that wasn't enough his best friend stabbing him in the back.

This series we've had a nonce who has no bottle without a mask, which imo was a shite ending to that story. Another nonce trying to control him or he'll hurt the girl he is looking after, and he only had control because stronger people were standing behind him. I still have hope for the climax with the twins angle and the fact that he has a dead body in his home meaning those people will definitely be coming after him.

It was a not too shabby episode. I still think that this season is not a touch on the first one however. The first had it all, not to mention a fucking cracker of a cliffhanger.

Still really enjoyed it, the lass trying to get luther really annoyed me. I mean I know she was trying to do the right thing and all, but if she wanted something done about it then don't f**k around for christ sake.

I did like the stitch up though, the look on that boys face when he saw the police find toby's body in that car was priceless.

It was when the lass was asking luther at the end if he really did ask a psycho do come after the grandmother if luther or her came to harm. 'Her name's Alice' :lol: Imagine hearing that on from her perspective!

• 1 year later...

Recently rewatched series 1 and 2 as I believe there will be a new series out this year. I forgot how good it is.

Another four episodes of television gold are definitely in production. It was originally estimated to be out in April, although I think it could be later, as the writer of the show has commitments across the Atlantic at the moment, so it could be pushed back to Autumn.

• 5 months later...

Yeah I've been looking forward to this for a while, Idris Elba is brilliant.

I hate how they only make 4 episodes, the last season was amazing but it could of went a bit longer.

Aye Idris Elba is bloody excellent. Take it you've seen him in the wire? There's talk of him being the next James Bond, dunno if I like that though.

That episode was excellent though, sets up what should be a series as good as the last 2. I forgot how in the end credits they show wee snippets of the next episode, I like that.

I thought it was terrific, and I'm liking the look of this retired police officer. Idris Elba was superb as Stringer Bell and he's top class as Luther.

I'm surprised I managed to sleep after that episode though, I mean the last series had a couple of jumpy moments (that car scene) but Christ this was creepy.

I thought it was terrific, and I'm liking the look of this retired police officer. Idris Elba was superb as Stringer Bell and he's top class as Luther.

I'm surprised I managed to sleep after that episode though, I mean the last series had a couple of jumpy moments (that car scene) but Christ this was creepy.

I checked my front door was locked twice, then I remembered the opening under the bed scene..

Right, I thought I was giving this a go for the first time tonight. Is the investigation of Luther a hangover from series 2? I remember an undercover female police woman, or is that another mini-drama with a similar storyline?

Aye Idris Elba is bloody excellent. Take it you've seen him in the wire? There's talk of him being the next James Bond, dunno if I like that though.

That episode was excellent though, sets up what should be a series as good as the last 2. I forgot how in the end credits they show wee snippets of the next episode, I like that.

Aye he was brilliant in The Wire, my favourite character in that show.

I've not watched this yet, I recorded it but been a bit busy I'll watch it tonight I think, yeah it really sets it up for the next one with the clips at the end.

Archived