Luther

Shuggie_Murray7

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was ridiculously far-fetched, but a thoroughly enjoyable programme in the first series. I imagine that it will be a good watch this time around as well. Idris Elba always appears cool as f**k on TV.

It was ridiculously far-fetched, but a thoroughly enjoyable programme in the first series. I imagine that it will be a good watch this time around as well. Idris Elba always appears cool as f**k on TV.

He's the British Denzel.

To be fair, what drama these days isn't far fetched? The last episode of series 1 was incredily far fetched but at the same time absolutely brilliant.

Luther is so ridiculously over the top, there's more holes in the plot than a junkies arm and it's as cliched as the show me and my brother invented about a brilliantly instinctive judge called Judge Mental, who's renegade ways cause more harm than good in his personal and work life.

However, despite all that it's still absolutely brilliant telly. Idres Elba is the man, he was cool as f**k in The Wire and he's cool as f**k in this. As long as you forget the obvious flaws it's so easy to get completely gripped in it all. Was it just me being a total pussy, or was anybody else shiting it big time during the last scene? It was proper watch through your fingers stuff.

P.S, that Scouse copper is a massive pussy for letting the wifey copper chum the woman into her house instead of him.

P.S, that Scouse copper is a massive pussy for letting the wifey copper chum the woman into her house instead of him.

Aye that’s exactly what I was thinking at the time but good ploy from the director / writers as they know all the viewers will be thinking she’s gonna come a cropper up there where as now if she had stayed in the car instead she definitely would have

P.S Is he Scouse? Thought his accent was more Manc

Aye that's exactly what I was thinking at the time but good ploy from the director / writers as they know all the viewers will be thinking she's gonna come a cropper up there where as now if she had stayed in the car instead she definitely would have

P.S Is he Scouse? Thought his accent was more Manc

He sounded scouse to me, I'll listen out in the next episode.

Btw, anyone else reckon the burd that knew the killer is in on it as well? She's creepy as f**k, backed up the idea the killer wanted to convey that he's scary and mental, plus she was conveniently in the station when he did the live killing. Also think about it, the killer was waiting in her house when she got back. If he was there to kill her I'm sure a female copper wouldn't have stopped him, plus he somehow managed to creep out the house and get out round the front. Odd.

Anyway, there's a big chance I could be looking into it far too much, considering the show is unrealistic as f**k anyway. Luther seems to be able to work out if people are murderers by watching them sneeze and shit like that, so I'm sure he'll work it out. :lol:

The 9th Doctor = Paul McGann, Luther's ex wife's Fiancee/boyfriend.

As for the cliffhanger to the episode, it certainly worked, but you have to assume he's deaf or has the attention span of a goldfish not to notice.

that's the 8th doctor.

agreed re the cliff hanger. I assume he's dead? that'll be the spur for Luther to go off the edge again. Since one of the reasons he came back was to get the lad back on the path and out of uniform.

that's the 8th doctor.

agreed re the cliff hanger. I assume he's dead? that'll be the spur for Luther to go off the edge again. Since one of the reasons he came back was to get the lad back on the path and out of uniform.

Can't be right all the time, congrats you're a bigger nerd than me :P

It will either be that or a cheesy near death escape. That latter would certainly strike me as both an crap anti-climax and finger to the fans.

He sounded scouse to me, I'll listen out in the next episode.

Btw, anyone else reckon the burd that knew the killer is in on it as well? She's creepy as f**k, backed up the idea the killer wanted to convey that he's scary and mental, plus she was conveniently in the station when he did the live killing. Also think about it, the killer was waiting in her house when she got back. If he was there to kill her I'm sure a female copper wouldn't have stopped him, plus he somehow managed to creep out the house and get out round the front. Odd.

Anyway, there's a big chance I could be looking into it far too much, considering the show is unrealistic as f**k anyway. Luther seems to be able to work out if people are murderers by watching them sneeze and shit like that, so I'm sure he'll work it out. :lol:

I thought the bird might have done for the female copper while the one in the car was getting set up.

Did I miss something? How did you know the killer was waiting in the house?

My wife just about screamed the house down on the last shot.

I thought the bird might have done for the female copper while the one in the car was getting set up.

Did I miss something? How did you know the killer was waiting in the house?

My wife just about screamed the house down on the last shot.

When the car pulled up outside the house there was a point of view shot from inside the house looking out into the street, with an arm inside that jacket the killer wore coming into shot and pulling back the curtain a wee bit.

Edit to add: I'm defo getting one of those masks for Halloween, they were creepy as f**k.

When the car pulled up outside the house there was a point of view shot from inside the house looking out into the street, with an arm inside that jacket the killer wore coming into shot and pulling back the curtain a wee bit.

If true then how did the killer get from there in to the coppers car without him noticing :unsure:

Archived