Dexter

Casagolda

Things that didn't stack up for me,

Killing Viktor in an airport, yeah because security is so relaxed in American airports,

The whole saga with the intern was a rather retarded copy of an earlier story, with a pointless ending and lack of substance.

So this computer wizz that can hack his credit cards best plan to get back at Dexter is to drill holes in his boat?

GPS thing was a bit too 'easy' would have been better for them to find the bodies.

Debs reaction and tearing his house apart and finding everything.

Guerta and the blood slide is merely trying to relive former glories again of a great character and plot.

Well killing him at an airport is probably a bit rubbish, however it certainly isn't as bad as breaking a guy out of prison to drug and kidnap him in the police station!

I agree the saga with the the intern was wasted. They could really have developed his character, and made him a proper nemesis for Dexter. However they portrayed him as someone who was unhinged. His endless video blog rants etc. Although a very clever man, he was shown to act on impulse a lot. I don't find the fact he wanted to sink his boat all that unbelievable. I do think the writers wasted a great opportunity to make the show better by extensive character development of Louis.

You would have preferred the Russians to find loads of bodies? You mean a "retarded copy of an earlier story"? However Dexter now dumps his bodies in the gulf stream, so the Russian's body would not have drifted as far as any of the other bodies. So a repeat of finding a pile of bodies like what happened at the start of season two would be a bit far fetched.

Dexter lives by himself. He keeps everything in "Daddys Box". If I was going to rummage in Dexter's flat I would be busting that open straight away. I think it would have been better for a slow realisation of who Dexter actually was, rather than Debs knowing everything straight away. The blood slides was a difficult find, but if your knowing someone is being secretive you would be trying everything in that tiny flat. At this point, you have to let the story develop to see where they are going before the writing can be criticised.

Lastly La Guerta has always thought Doakes was innocent. She found evidence of two murders that were committed when Doakes was carrying out Black Ops missions. Lundy was wanting to follow this up before, they found another dead person and Doakes all blown up. Even in talks with Miguel Prada etc la Guerta never says that she thinks he did it. She states it is very hard to accept. The Dexter TV show has to come to an end. Rather than state that it is a rehashing of an earlier plot, perhaps the earlier plot was a key part of the plot that now gets developed. Dexter is going to get properly caught. It is the only way to end the TV series.

Edited by Loki

Well killing him at an airport is probably a bit rubbish, however it certainly isn't as bad as breaking a guy out of prison to drug and kidnap him in the police station!

I agree the saga with the the intern was wasted. They could really have developed his character, and made him a proper nemesis for Dexter. However they portrayed him as someone who was unhinged. His endless video blog rants etc. Although a very clever man, he was shown to act on impulse a lot. I don't find the fact he wanted to sink his boat all that unbelievable. I do think the writers wasted a great opportunity to make the show better by extensive character development of Louis.

You would have preferred the Russians to find loads of bodies? You mean a "retarded copy of an earlier story"? However Dexter now dumps his bodies in the gulf stream, so the Russian's body would not have drifted as far as any of the other bodies. So a repeat of finding a pile of bodies like what happened at the start of season two would be a bit far fetched.

Dexter lives by himself. He keeps everything in "Daddys Box". If I was going to rummage in Dexter's flat I would be busting that open straight away. I think it would have been better for a slow realisation of who Dexter actually was, rather than Debs knowing everything straight away. The blood slides was a difficult find, but if your knowing someone is being secretive you would be trying everything in that tiny flat. At this point, you have to let the story develop to see where they are going before the writing can be criticised.

Lastly La Guerta has always thought Doakes was innocent. She found evidence of two murders that were committed when Doakes was carrying out Black Ops missions. Lundy was wanting to follow this up before, they found another dead person and Doakes all blown up. Even in talks with Miguel Prada etc la Guerta never says that she thinks he did it. She states it is very hard to accept. The Dexter TV show has to come to an end. Rather than state that it is a rehashing of an earlier plot, perhaps the earlier plot was a key part of the plot that now gets developed. Dexter is going to get properly caught. It is the only way to end the TV series.

I'm not sure he'll get caught. American TV shows always insinuate that the inevitable is going to happen, and then change it at the last minute. Look at house and 24. I do think though that La Guerta's going to accuse deb of being the killer though. She'll find footage of her filling up flask of petrol at the filling station before the church went up, and she was talking about her "lizard brain" leading her to the last guy without probable cause.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

blink.gif wow next week is the end of the series, i think it said.

What an utterly bizarre series, so disjointed, they have tried to fit a lot into it but failed quite badly in parts. Its had good moments

but as with many programmes that have reached this many series it has become a bit of parody of itself.

To cast Ray Stevenson, who i thought was doing a great job as a threatening killer, then let him flitter away so easily

was sad.

Yvonne's character boggles the mind, it was looking good to be stone cold but she has turned all weak too, with 'daddy' issues

well not any more. :)

The side story of the prostitute and the club has been lame,

And Guerta should not be an actress, she is fucking horrible to watch in what could have a been a good role.

All in all they had some ideas but its been hard work watching at times sadly.

Two more episodes in the season, and then one more season after this one. So no worries.

I agree with the disjointed thing, and I just don't get the whole fire thing. It was so tacked on it was unreal. The MAIN villain of the season was an utter joy though, as they usually tend to be. I liked the way he was able to go on his own terms a bit as well. It wasn't the usual Dexter wins, which was nice, because that character deserved that.

The ending of the last episode was just brilliantly done though. Understated, but the complete silence after it allowed it to hit home. That one little lead has made all sorts of shit hit the fan, and is probably going to lead to some of the most shocking scenes in the entire series. I reckon one thing in particular is BOUND to happen.

Edited by DomDom

Two more episodes in the season, and then one more season after this one. So no worries.

I agree with the disjointed thing, and I just don't get the whole fire thing. It was so tacked on it was unreal. The MAIN villain of the season was an utter joy though, as they usually tend to be. I liked the way he was able to go on his own terms a bit as well. It wasn't the usual Dexter wins, which was nice, because that character deserved that.

The ending of the last episode was just brilliantly done though. Understated, but the complete silence after it allowed it to hit home. That one little lead has made all sorts of shit hit the fan, and is probably going to lead to some of the most shocking scenes in the entire series. I reckon one thing in particular is BOUND to happen.

biggrin.gif Yey must have heard that wrong at the end. There is quite a lot to potentially happen.

Do you think he'll get caught, or that he'll grab his bag, his lady, and head to argentina?

There was one glance from the lovely Yvonne that could be seen as something or nothing (or maybe hammy acting)

Regardless it is going to be a big three way bitch fight over Dexter, i really don't see Guerta bringing the whole world down as she stepped on too many toes and is just as likely to screwed over by her new 'confident' who if reinstated would probably like to use Dexter's services and have the edge over Debs.

Just quite excited there is two episodes left biggrin.gif a hell of a lot can happen in Dexter in two episodes.

Totally underwhelming season. Ray Stevenson being the only plus note, I thought he was fantastic, especially in the scenes together with Dexter. Nadia's accent bugs the hell out of me. Laguerta and Deb now REALLY annoy me. It's all gone a bit meh for me.

It has been a very disjointed season. I was a bit surprised to see the demise of Ray Stephenson. He was an excellent character and it was a shame not to see him develop more within the season. I really think the next two episodes will save the season though. I love how the last episode of the season is called "Surprise Motherfucker". That can only be Debs saying that.

Or Dokes ;)

The preview of the last episode looks like a cracker

Aye at least I made my guess without seeing the preview! I wasn't that impressed with the latest episode. I was underwhelmed by the preview as well. So far this has been the poorest season, I had the exact same opinion with the sixth after eleven episodes. But the pay off at the end of the sixth was worth it. I am not sure this can deliver.

Preview for next week... christ. One bit in it sat me up and made me that much more excited.

blink.gif yeah really Dokes... how just, WTF. Thought the set up with the mothers killer in the container was quite clever. Not sure how he escaped.

The whole thing with Debs and Hannah was expected, however i do think Debs set it up herself to get rid of her.

Damn cant wait for the next episode now, how are they going to spin another series after what looks like happens.

Doakes isn't in it I don't think. If that's anything other than a dream, they wouldn't give away the surprise in some shitty wee preview. It's obvious who Dexter was putting in that trunk btw.

for crimes against acting Batista should be in there with her too laugh.gif