Dexter

Casagolda

I've only seen series 1 one which was good but I felt like it ran on a bit much. Its a good show though and the actor who plays Dexter is great. He's also good in Six Feet Under :ph34r: .

I've only seen series 1 one which was good but I felt like it ran on a bit much. Its a good show though and the actor who plays Dexter is great. He's also good in Six Feet Under :ph34r: .

You should persevere with it and carry on where you left off, it's worth it. I have said it 100 times on here before in other threads, but I'll say it again. Season 4 of Dexter (especially the last episode) is some of the greatest TV I've ever seen.

I've already seen the first 5 episodes of Season 5, been waiting for it to come on FX as I much prefer watching it on TV than on the laptop.

I'd agree that 4 was better than 5, but that may just be down to 4 hitting a high watermark for the series so far

This is very true, but it really does have it's moments, especially the growth of Debs as a character!!!

The only thing i really wish they had kept to the books with would be with LaGuerta, i really can't stand her character, but if this is the only way that we can see more of Batista then I supppse we have to grin and bear it, as he is an incredibly minor character in the novels!!!

Filming has started on Season 6 already for release in Sept with Colin Hanks playing the Arch-Enemy!!!

colin-204x300.jpg

This is very true, but it really does have it's moments, especially the growth of Debs as a character!!!

The only thing i really wish they had kept to the books with would be with LaGuerta, i really can't stand her character, but if this is the only way that we can see more of Batista then I supppse we have to grin and bear it, as he is an incredibly minor character in the novels!!!

Filming has started on Season 6 already for release in Sept with Colin Hanks playing the Arch-Enemy!!!

colin-204x300.jpg

Edward James Olmos has also confirmed he'll be playing a major role in the new series :)

I thought season five was every bit as good as season four. I think the poorest season (although a poor Dexter season still is great TV) was the third season.

I thought season five was every bit as good as season four. I think the poorest season (although a poor Dexter season still is great TV) was the third season.

I loved all the stuff with Miguel in season 3. It's my 2nd favourite behind season 4.

• 6 months later...

Season 6 is my new least favourite season - sloppy writing and not very coherent. The very end of it did make it worth persevering with though!

Season 6 has been shit - the so called big twist can be seen coming by the end of episode 3 and the end of the penultimate episode was like one of the old 30s serials like King of the Rocket Men and Colin Hanks cant act for toffee,

Maybe shit by the standards of the show usually, but I've still enjoyed it nonetheless. Plus, Colin Hanks has been pretty good in this season. I've been more annoyed by Deb's twitching being amped up about 100 notches.

This season has been pretty poor compared to the first four but just like the poster above I still enjoyed watching it. The twists in this season were pretty obvious and at least the ending of the season means things should be a bit different going forward. It will be interesting to see where they go with the intern character who seems obsessed with Dexter.

Dexter also seems to hardly kill anyone in this season as well. They always had the main serial killer who he squares-up against but you can go 3 or 4 episodes now without him bumping of a single bad guy.

This season has been pretty poor compared to the first four but just like the poster above I still enjoyed watching it. The twists in this season were pretty obvious and at least the ending of the season means things should be a bit different going forward. It will be interesting to see where they go with the intern character who seems obsessed with Dexter.

My hunch is that the intern character's a CIA/FBI agent investigating dexter. The next 2 seasons of dexter are the last 2, so it's not too far fetched!

My hunch is that the intern character's a CIA/FBI agent investigating dexter. The next 2 seasons of dexter are the last 2, so it's not too far fetched!

I reckon he's a serial killer fanatic who somehow knew Dexter was/is the Bay Harbour Butcher. He made the games about serial killers and wanted Dexter's approval but when Dexter told him the games were stupid and he should do something 'real', he changed his tune and I think he's building up to becoming a serial killer in the next series. He's some kind of investigative genius so he could know about Dexter and he made serial killer computer games and had that weird fascination with the ice truck killer's hand.

I agree this has been a relatively poor season, by the show's high standards, but I reckon the next season could be brilliant. Debs is in love with Dexter and knows about him and I think the intern could be a really good nemesis for Dexter.

I reckon he's a serial killer fanatic who somehow knew Dexter was/is the Bay Harbour Butcher. He made the games about serial killers and wanted Dexter's approval but when Dexter told him the games were stupid and he should do something 'real', he changed his tune and I think he's building up to becoming a serial killer in the next series. He's some kind of investigative genius so he could know about Dexter and he made serial killer computer games and had that weird fascination with the ice truck killer's hand.

I agree this has been a relatively poor season, by the show's high standards, but I reckon the next season could be brilliant. Debs is in love with Dexter and knows about him and I think the intern could be a really good nemesis for Dexter.

I like this theory better

The way dexter is going the intern will probably be yet another Dexter sibling.

The intern is definitely going to be the next nemesis I think. He seems obsessed with Dexter. It is possible that he knows that the Ice Truck Killer is Dexter's brother. I thought the sixth season was good, the twist was pretty obvious as it has been seen and done before. But they way they told it was very good. I thought Colin Hanks was good. I thought the sixth season was not as good as the fourth or fifth and slightly better than the third series. I would rate them as 4, 5, 2, 1, 6 then 3. Although season 3 was very good TV as well. The Nebraska episode this season wasn't that good.

The end was very intriguing. Just a shame we have to wait till September to see the first episode of the new season. (First episode is always leaked early).