Sons of Anarchy

A-Mac

• 2 months later...

Just watched the whole five seasons in about 10 days. Fantastic stuff even tho it has it's flaws.

Couldn't believe Jax is the guy with the dodgy Cockney accent from Green Street when I looked it up.

Great crossover parts from The Shield. What is it with Kenny Johnson getting blown up all the time. Goggins' cameo was hilarious.

Can't wait for Autumn now.

Great series, thoroughly enjoyed it although I'd have to agree it's pretty much been on the slide since the end of s2. Still very watchable with plenty of good stuff.

I do tend to watch a lot of yank tv and feel it's probably not fair on SOA to compare it to anything else. It doesn't have any direct contemporaries.

I reckon it gets so much love because similarly with Breaking Bad and The Sopranos, people can usually relate to a protagonist who is on the wrong side of the law.

* edit to add; the soundtrack is usually feckin awesome too.

Edited by rodallegabombs

Great series, thoroughly enjoyed it although I'd have to agree it's pretty much been on the slide since the end of s2. Still very watchable with plenty of good stuff.

I do tend to watch a lot of yank tv and feel it's probably not fair on SOA to compare it to anything else. It doesn't have any direct contemporaries.

I reckon it gets so much love because similarly with Breaking Bad and The Sopranos, people can usually relate to a protagonist who is on the wrong side of the law.

* edit to add; the soundtrack is usually feckin awesome too.

Don't agree mate. If anything I feel Season 4 and especially Season 5 have been the best yet. Season 5 was awesome TV.

The first season I watched was season 3 just to see if I could get into it, and loved it, I've now watched season 1 and I'm working through season 2. It is really, really gripping, without having any particular stand-out episode unlike some other shows, all of the episodes are good at least.

Pretty much everything Chibs says is hilarious, Juice is also hilarious because of his idiocy sometimes and Happy is the boy. However they don't hold a candle to Opie, maybe I just like him because of Ryan Hurst (Remember The Titans is my favourite film) but he is so fucking cool. What a guy.

The first season I watched was season 3 just to see if I could get into it, and loved it, I've now watched season 1 and I'm working through season 2. It is really, really gripping, without having any particular stand-out episode unlike some other shows, all of the episodes are good at least.

Pretty much everything Chibs says is hilarious, Juice is also hilarious because of his idiocy sometimes and Happy is the boy. However they don't hold a candle to Opie, maybe I just like him because of Ryan Hurst (Remember The Titans is my favourite film) but he is so fucking cool. What a guy.

I couldn't believe it was the same guy.

I've started watching it again and I only watched it a few weeks ago. Never done that with a TV show before.

Another thing worth a mention is the soundtrack. Some of the covers are fantastic.

Have to say, I found it a bit soapy and contrived. I watched the first 2 series on the recommendation of a couple of mates and stuck with it but have'nt bothered after that. I don't know what it is that engages me with some of these series and not with others because they can all be a bit 'soapy' at times, I think its when characters become completely self indulgent and whiney that puts me off, I dunno, but I thought there was a fair bit of this whiney soul searching in SOA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...