Sons of Anarchy

A-Mac

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

For anyone interested Season 5 of SOA starts 11th September 2012.

Personally I cannot fucking wait been a long time coming.

Just finished watching series 1and 2 on Netflix. Onto 3 again now , perhaps not the best , although the season ender is a fucking topper , one of the best hours of tv IMO.

Surprised at the love for this series tbh. On the recommendation of a friend I bought series one on dvd and got about three quarters of the way through before giving up. I found it very difficult to engage with any of the characters on a human level - there didn't appear to be much behind the hardnut posturing except the occasional moment of sensetive posturing.

Its a shame, because I loved the pretext - but it seemed to me a very poor script.

Also Hellboy is unwatchably ugly.

I could not disagree more.

Its fantastic tv and is probably the best series around just now.

Hellboy is butt feckin ugly right enough.

Was really good for a season and a bit before the writing got a but dry and they then stretched 2-3 episodes of content (Ireland baby story) over a whole fucking season. Biggest TV crash and burn ever.

I'm willing to get back into it - did the following season improve any?

I'm surprised there's quite so much love for Sons on here. It doesn't even begin to compare to The Wire, The Sopranos, The West Wing, Breaking Bad, Six Feet Under, The Shield, etc, etc.

I started out loving the first couple of seasons. The third season with the Irish was a real let-down; on a personal note, the most ridiculous part being the gun-running in Dungloe, where my mum's family are from. I've spent an awful lot of my life there and the idea that the IRA could have any sort of base in a wee community like that was just laughable :D

Season 4 was decent, but the CIA drug guys just don't sit right with me; it smacks of being an over-complicated twist for the sake of trying to be clever. It was also an easy cop-out for the guy Potter's investigation to be wrapped up within minutes of the season 4 finale. The whole business of Jax letting Clay live for the sake of a deal he never seemed behind in the first place is pretty contrived too.

From Season 3 onwards, it's just taken too many leaps for my liking and has ideas above its station. How they're going to spin it out for another two series, god only knows. Even on the latest episode, I thought the whole thing with Tig's daughter was very predictable, even if I didn't see it being quite as horrific as being burned alive. Pity the guy couldn't act his way out a paper bag or it might have been quite a harrowing scene.

I didn't set out to be quite as harsh, I guess I'm just surprised at the love. It's a very enjoyable bit of telly, but not without its problems. I know Sutter can write damn good television as well, because The Shield was a hell of a lot better - I think that's where some of my disappointment stems from.

I'm surprised there's quite so much love for Sons on here. It doesn't even begin to compare to The Wire, The Sopranos, The West Wing, Breaking Bad, Six Feet Under, The Shield, etc, etc.

Doesn't mean to say it's not a show that lots of people love though. Does a show really have to be the very top of the class to be liked so much?

SOA has been a great series ,certainly the whole Belfast thing was a bit weird but not bad viewing, hard to say how much it has left in the tank tbh , unless they come up with something really good in series 5 then maybe this should be the last one but series 1&2 would be reccomended to anyone,brilliant show.

Doesn't mean to say it's not a show that lots of people love though. Does a show really have to be the very top of the class to be liked so much?

No, not at all. Sons would still make my top 20 or 30 shows.

Just surprised that noone else really seemed to be discussing the problems that I have with the show, as I would have thought they were common grievances.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Prospect makes good in real life........

Kills an 81 year old woman whilst high on meth or something, then jumps to his death. Age 28..

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/89266/Katy-Perrys-Ex-Boyfriend-Johnny-Lewis-Found-Dead-After-Drug-Fuelled-Murder-Of-Woman-81-