Jump to content

The General Ross County Chat Thread


Recommended Posts

If he’s as good as or better than his brother I’ll be happy , as for mackay signing loanees I think it’s actually fair as he will only be just getting his new scouting network setup so waiting to bring in the right players in the coming windows is better than panic signing guys on long deals who turn out to be useless and we are stuck with them , so no problem with loanees for this window 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

If he’s as good as or better than his brother I’ll be happy , as for mackay signing loanees I think it’s actually fair as he will only be just getting his new scouting network setup so waiting to bring in the right players in the coming windows is better than panic signing guys on long deals who turn out to be useless and we are stuck with them , so no problem with loanees for this window 

Don’t talk too much sense please!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

We can’t relate to the manager because he’s a racist arsehole, and we can’t relate to the players as they’ll be away in less than a year.  The match day experience is taking a daily kicking.  It’s an unmitigated disaster, even if they somehow manage to stay up.

Time for Roy to go, Elgin will welcome him if he wants a change of scene👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

If he’s as good as or better than his brother I’ll be happy , as for mackay signing loanees I think it’s actually fair as he will only be just getting his new scouting network setup so waiting to bring in the right players in the coming windows is better than panic signing guys on long deals who turn out to be useless and we are stuck with them , so no problem with loanees for this window 

 

DvyLQztQwmyAM.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

If he’s as good as or better than his brother I’ll be happy , as for mackay signing loanees I think it’s actually fair as he will only be just getting his new scouting network setup so waiting to bring in the right players in the coming windows is better than panic signing guys on long deals who turn out to be useless and we are stuck with them , so no problem with loanees for this window 

As far as I know, County don’t have a scouting network. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

County don't have a scouting network we mainly deal with agents/contacts offering their players when it comes to player availability and what not, and of course picking up Caley players as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

As far as I know, County don’t have a scouting network. 

I think the notion of a scouting network at this level is probably a bit outdated these days. Mackay has brought in Enda Barron as a data analyst and recruitment specialist. Players who end up on our radar (either through Mackay's contacts or agents approaching the club) can be checked out by Barron through stuff like Wyscout to see if their numbers add up. Not quite Moneyball, but probably (definitely) a step up from whatever was going on before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Let's be honest, if you're a young lad, the idea of a long term move to the Highlands, is probably not appealing. Season's loan in hope one the central belt teams then pick you up msnby a bit more palatable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Forfinn said:

I think the notion of a scouting network at this level is probably a bit outdated these days. Mackay has brought in Enda Barron as a data analyst and recruitment specialist. Players who end up on our radar (either through Mackay's contacts or agents approaching the club) can be checked out by Barron through stuff like Wyscout to see if their numbers add up. Not quite Moneyball, but probably (definitely) a step up from whatever was going on before.

That's fair enough and it may well lead to improvements in your recruitment in the future - but you've got to laugh at the justification for hiring Malky being for his nebulous 'contacts' in the game, only to go and promptly sign the younger brother of an existing player...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, yoda said:

Is Graham Carey still County's last left-footed left-sided midfielder?

Lalcovic?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, For Your Pies Only said:

That's fair enough and it may well lead to improvements in your recruitment in the future - but you've got to laugh at the justification for hiring Malky being for his nebulous 'contacts' in the game, only to go and promptly sign the younger brother of an existing player...

It's almost like not being in management for five years has had some kind of negative effect? 

I am still trying to work out the reasoning for his comment yesterday about needing "men" on the bench so we can loan out the youngsters, only to go and sign three lads today who have a combined age of 63.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of the 5 players we’ve sold for substantial fees over the last 7/8 years, 2 have come from initial loans. If a player is good enough, personally don’t care where they come from. However, can understand the frustration towards the whole chat of a rebuild and then going to have to go through it again all next year; but I’d rather that than be stuck with shite for the next 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Of the 5 players we’ve sold for substantial fees over the last 7/8 years, 2 have come from initial loans. If a player is good enough, personally don’t care where they come from. However, can understand the frustration towards the whole chat of a rebuild and then going to have to go through it again all next year; but I’d rather that than be stuck with shite for the next 3.

I think the frustration is that they’ve signed a back up keeper and two central midfielders, to go alongside the central midfielder who signed in January.  The team still has zero creativity, and I have no idea who is going to create or score. 
 

Edit: there’s not a single left back at the club, and one - utterly dreadful - right back. 

Edited by Savage Henry
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the frustration is that they’ve signed a back up keeper and two central midfielders, to go alongside the central midfielder who signed in January.  The team still has zero creativity, and I have no idea who is going to create or score. 
 
Edit: there’s not a single left back at the club, and one - utterly dreadful - right back. 

Harsh to say the team has zero creativity before anybody has seen any of these new boys play. Sure, they could be crap, but writing them off already is unfair.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:


Harsh to say the team has zero creativity before anybody has seen any of these new boys play. Sure, they could be crap, but writing them off already is unfair.

Nobody is writing them off.  But the balance of the squad is all over the shop.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Ben Williamson has gone out on loan to Nairn County, until January.

 

Will he continue to train in Dingwall then do a couple a session's a week with Nairn plus match day ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

 

Did you not see Charlie Lakin last season, cracking wee player imo.

(Yogi played him at left back 🤦)

Aye he was okay but he was another centre midfielder stuck out on the left. He looked a lot better in the middle of the park.

We've not seen decent width on the left-hand side for about half a decade. It's been right-footers who cut in, or guys played out of position. It's quite frustrating.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...