Jump to content
yoda

The General Ross County Chat Thread

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

It sounds even more ridiculous when you remember County sold  Liam Boyce for half that. He had a year left and about 4 times the player Ross is. 

Totally missing the point but not unexpected from you Boyce was another player under valued by this club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Totally missing the point but not unexpected from you Boyce was another player under valued by this club.

I think you have massively undervalued my contribution imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your completely inability to ever criticise Celtic, and the holes you end up digging to get away from saying it, is truly brilliant.

This is a ross county thread if you want to discuss Celtic then we can do that in a Celtic thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

A million? In January? He had 6 months left on his contract.

But he should have been signed up for another two years, you're not following this, are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Totally missing the point but not unexpected from you Boyce was another player under valued by this club.

He had a release clause.  We could have valued him at 250m and still only got what we got.

We just totally underestimated how bad Caley were going to be that season.  If you went to every Caley game that season the person scoring the most goals out of all them games would have been Liam Boyce with ten.  I miss Liam Boyce.  If we knew that we would have made the release clause £25m.

 

Edited by Loki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Boyce not (one of) the top scorers in Highland Derbys thanks solely to that one season where we scored about 8 goals against us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He scored ten goals that season as you well know.   I remember your tears.  Scored a hat trick, a double, a single and then four.   I think he scored one other to make 11 in total.
 

id imagine Iain Stewart is the highest scorer in Highland Derbies but that’s just a total guess.  Wyness must be up there too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Loki said:

He had a release clause.  We could have valued him at 250m and still only got what we got.

We just totally underestimated how bad Caley were going to be that season.  If you went to every Caley game that season the person scoring the most goals out of all them games would have been Liam Boyce with ten.  I miss Liam Boyce.  If we knew that we would have made the release clause £25m.

 

The club didn't protect itself and didn't realize the true value of a player like Boyce this is the same problem with Stewart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The club didn't protect itself and didn't realize the true value of a player like Boyce this is the same problem with Stewart. 

You can't put a gun to the boys head and force him to sign a contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Loki said:

He scored ten goals that season as you well know.   I remember your tears.  Scored a hat trick, a double, a single and then four.   I think he scored one other to make 11 in total.
 

id imagine Iain Stewart is the highest scorer in Highland Derbies but that’s just a total guess.  Wyness must be up there too.

I remember Boyce scoring a hat-trick V us for RC . When he played for Hearts last season in the final game of the curtailed season , you would have thought he was a different player !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You can't put a gun to the boys head and force him to sign a contract.

See, this is where football clubs are missing a trick.

If I was a rich club owner, I'd be conducting all of my contract negotiations on my luxury yacht out in the middle of the sea. Guarantee you that you'd get better results. Because of the implication.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, G51 said:

See, this is where football clubs are missing a trick.

If I was a rich club owner, I'd be conducting all of my contract negotiations on my luxury yacht out in the middle of the sea. Guarantee you that you'd get better results. Because of the implication.

Wouldn't fancy getting thrown in to the North Sea either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Wouldn't fancy getting thrown in to the North Sea either.

Think about it: the player's out in the middle of nowhere with some chairman he barely knows. You know, he looks around and what does he see? Nothin' but open ocean. "Ahh, there's nowhere for me to run. What am I gonna do, say 'no' to this five year deal?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, G51 said:

Think about it: the player's out in the middle of nowhere with some chairman he barely knows. You know, he looks around and what does he see? Nothin' but open ocean. "Ahh, there's nowhere for me to run. What am I gonna do, say 'no' to this five year deal?"

🤣

I understood the concept. the North Sea is freezing at the best of times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Loki said:

He scored ten goals that season as you well know.   I remember your tears.  Scored a hat trick, a double, a single and then four.   I think he scored one other to make 11 in total.

Genuinely cannot remember the first seven but sadly I do remember the four.

Spoiler

source.gif


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, G51 said:

Think about it: the player's out in the middle of nowhere with some chairman he barely knows. You know, he looks around and what does he see? Nothin' but open ocean. "Ahh, there's nowhere for me to run. What am I gonna do, say 'no' to this five year deal?"

I'm sure Jim Maclean must have been doing something very similar back in the 80s?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Schalk got the equaliser in Inverness, bugger.  Boyce also scored in a 2-1 loss at Victoria Park the season before so ten overall.  Wyness has nine derby goals and Stewart has seven.  Billy McKay just above Iain Stewart on eight.  The only one at the top who has scored for both sides.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...