Jump to content
yoda

The General Ross County Chat Thread

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

Aye right!

I hope you are pleased to be wrong?

Well played Tremarco.

Fair play to Tremarco, Boyle will be having nightmares about him charging down the flanks and winning corners off him.

Maybe the players aren't as bad as I thought and Ketts was just really, really, really shite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves and start praising the players, who had us in this mess, from pillar to post. It’s one result (albeit a fantastic one) and it means nothing if it’s not followed up by an upturn in form. However, it’s a start and shows that the players have the ability to dig in and there is certainly justification that we can get out of this rot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a lot of rubbish in this squad and one result against Hibs doesn't change that. This will all be forgotten if we get beat 2-0 by St Johnstone on Saturday. 

I'm slightly more optimistic than I was last week (however that's still very pessimistic) but we're still going to be in a long relegation battle, and there's slightly the possibility of Accies and Motherwell both being 3 points and 6 points better off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if Hughes will get anyone in before the St Johnstone game , will be brilliant having Naismith in the fold too feel bad for Watson but maybe he’ll get the shout for centre back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yoda said:

There's a lot of rubbish in this squad and one result against Hibs doesn't change that. This will all be forgotten if we get beat 2-0 by St Johnstone on Saturday. 

I'm slightly more optimistic than I was last week (however that's still very pessimistic) but we're still going to be in a long relegation battle, and there's slightly the possibility of Accies and Motherwell both being 3 points and 6 points better off.

Right. It’s not as if either of the goals were terrific pieces of teamwork.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I notice in the keep or punt comments there’s no reference to Spittal- is that because he has been forgotten or most likely way? Would happily have him stay on at Firhill 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone heard anything as to who the new signings could be that the commentary team hinted at today?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/12/2020 at 18:33, third lanark said:

I notice in the keep or punt comments there’s no reference to Spittal- is that because he has been forgotten or most likely way? Would happily have him stay on at Firhill 

Doubt we'll take him back, I hope he does well with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, yoda said:

Burton O'Brien probably. 

Who does Hughes repeatedly sign? I’m trying to think of those rent-a-left back types who float between clubs every other season. 

8 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Doubt we'll take him back, I hope he does well with you.

He’d be an excellent player for us next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

 

He’d be an excellent player for us next season. 

 

C'mon Savage, your cup of pessimism is overflowing. 

We've scored 3 goals from open play in Yogi's first two games, who'd have imagined that not so long ago!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing we’re interested in Dunfermline captain Euan Murray. Aberdeen also interested too so you’d assume we’re second favourite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't he at Raith before Dunfermline?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Seeing we’re interested in Dunfermline captain Euan Murray. Aberdeen also interested too so you’d assume we’re second favourite.

We’ll sign the Guardian bloke instead.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t really know much about him to be honest, remember he had a great spell with Accies before going down south. Has he not been passed around up here by a few clubs ever since?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matty-RCFC said:

Don’t really know much about him to be honest, remember he had a great spell with Accies before going down south. Has he not been passed around up here by a few clubs ever since?

Did he not score quite a few for Dundee Utd in the Championship.

Think he's a decent player, one that'll certainly be useful to keep around it we do go down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Didn't really do much for us to be honest. Think Goodwin had a lot of hopes for him but didn't produce much and was pretty invisible in the majority of games he played. 

Has he not played at all this season then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...