yoda

The General Ross County Chat Thread

Just as I said, Kettlewell has confirmed we are still in the market for a LB and a keeper. Celtic keeper Doohan coming in on loan, apparently as soon as they get another keeper in

I like the look of the business RC have done already in this window. Iacovitti and Charles-Cook in particular are two that could turn out as cracking deals.

Edited by djchapsticks

I like the look of the business RC have done already in this window. Iacovitti and Charles-Cook in particular are two that could turn out as cracking deals.

Pleasantly surprised at how good a window it’s been, can’t remember the last time we addressed every area of the pitch we needed to in one window. Charles-cook I have to agree and would say Kelly too but lacovitti I’m unsure about going by what others have said. 19th in league 2 isn’t the best but you never know maybe he’ll settle better here and the gaffer will coach the best out of him. Here’s hoping

Wonder who the left back will be?  Trying to think of a Scottish left back who is mid 20s, had a mixed time of things down south...

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Wonder who the left back will be?  Trying to think of a Scottish left back who is mid 20s, had a mixed time of things down south...

Stephen hendrie 

8 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Stephen hendrie 

That was the name I was thinking of.

9 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Stephen hendrie 

I'd be delighted if this were to happen, but does sound a bit unlikely, I'll be happy to be proven wrong. 

Signing Doohan would be a coup, I'd take it Munro will be going back out on loan to get games if this happens. 

I’d take tremarco from caley as lb competition as he’d be a cheap option , I’d not necessarily have him as a starter though

27 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

I’d take tremarco from caley as lb competition as he’d be a cheap option , I’d not necessarily have him as a starter though

I know their fans rated him and he's meant to have just had a good season but an aging full back taking a step up to the top division is a bit of an ask. 

4 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Tremarco getting absolutely done for Mullin for the second goal in the 2-2 draw in Dingwall is why I wouldn't take Tremarco now. A guy who always gives his all, but he's well on the wane now.

Tremarco would be another Tokeley or Russell Duncan. A nice signing for a bit of banter, but quickly shown to be out of their depth playing for a bigger club.

5 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

I'd be delighted if this were to happen, but does sound a bit unlikely, I'll be happy to be proven wrong. 

Signing Doohan would be a coup, I'd take it Munro will be going back out on loan to get games if this happens. 

I’d try not get too excited if it is Hendrie if I were you. 

Dyer slaughtered him at our AGM last year and basically said he was miles off the standard required for a top flight player which would explain why he never played ahead of one of the shittest left backs I’ve ever seen last season. 

Starting next season at 7:45PM.

On a Monday.

Oh boy.

Tremarco 😂

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Starting next season at 7:45PM.

On a Monday.

Oh boy.

Keeping the best to kick off last? Looks like a TV game...

59 minutes ago, Loki said:

Tremarco 😂

As back Up and a cheap option I cannot see the issue....

On 03/07/2020 at 14:15, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Tremarco would be another Tokeley or Russell Duncan. A nice signing for a bit of banter, but quickly shown to be out of their depth playing for a bigger club.

Tokely was a fun one because I think it managed to simultaneously upset both fanbases when it was announced. But in fairness I thought he turned out to not be a terrible addition. Nowt amazing but I'd say he exceeded expectations.

Edited by forkboy

Tokely was a fun one because I think it managed to simultaneously upset both fanbases when it was announced. But in fairness I thought he turned out to not be a terrible addition. Nowt amazing but I'd say he exceeded expectations.
Yep. I think most people only remember his attempted OG against ICT

We needed some tough old gits in the team for the start of our first SPL season to get some points on board. That gave Adams enough of a cushion to sign all the attacking players in the winter window.

38 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Whats Kovacevic doing these days?

At some Hungarian club I can't even spell, let alone pronounce.