Jump to content
yoda

The General Ross County Chat Thread

Recommended Posts

It’s very poor that the club aren’t doing pay-per-view home games too. It’s either you fork out £250+ for games you could miss (through work commitments etc) or you get nothing apart from away games you can watch. Thought there would be some option for PPV home but again pretty piss poor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

It’s very poor that the club aren’t doing pay-per-view home games too. It’s either you fork out £250+ for games you could miss (through work commitments etc) or you get nothing apart from away games you can watch. Thought there would be some option for PPV home but again pretty piss poor.

Is it not because folk might buy the PPV first as a test to see how it is, then if they are not impressed they don't bother buying the season ticket, in a way its designed to protect season ticket sales.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we think we'll be signing anyone any time soon? A lot of clubs around us are bringing players in and we're shipping players out and not replacing them (yet)

I think we're short at both full back positions and out wide. I constantly say it but our side is so slow, our quickest player is probably Shaw who isn't good enough to start over Stewart or McKay as far as I've seen. 

A winger who can stretch defences would be ideal purely so we can get midge playing off the front which would save his legs a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

Do we think we'll be signing anyone any time soon? A lot of clubs around us are bringing players in and we're shipping players out and not replacing them (yet)

I think we're short at both full back positions and out wide. I constantly say it but our side is so slow, our quickest player is probably Shaw who isn't good enough to start over Stewart or McKay as far as I've seen. 

A winger who can stretch defences would be ideal purely so we can get midge playing off the front which would save his legs a bit.

Kettlewell said there’ll be two announcements sometime this week or next.  I’d imagine full back and winger.  Agreed on Shaw.  He doesn’t look any better than our existing strike force.  Then again, if Stewart moves on, I don’t see them bringing in anyone better.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Kettlewell said there’ll be two announcements sometime this week or next.  I’d imagine full back and winger.  Agreed on Shaw.  He doesn’t look any better than our existing strike force.  Then again, if Stewart moves on, I don’t see them bringing in anyone better.  

I think we'll hold onto Stewart for this season coming, we're quite lucky he got injured when he did, probably took a few eyes off him. Lee Erwin would be ahead of Shaw imo. it's like we've signed Declan McManus again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that's a bit unfair on Shaw. He's not really been given an opportunity (chucking him on out wide with 20 minutes to go isn't an opportunity).  Erwin, on the other hand, had showed glimpses of being alright but that's outweighed by him being rubbish 90% of the time. He's obviously the clichéd "confidence player" but those types of players don't tend to work well in a team that's slogging it out at the bottom of the table. 

I'd keep Shaw over Erwin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, yoda said:

I think that's a bit unfair on Shaw. He's not really been given an opportunity (chucking him on out wide with 20 minutes to go isn't an opportunity).  Erwin, on the other hand, had showed glimpses of being alright but that's outweighed by him being rubbish 90% of the time. He's obviously the clichéd "confidence player" but those types of players don't tend to work well in a team that's slogging it out at the bottom of the table. 

I'd keep Shaw over Erwin. 

If we are paying a substantial fee for a player I'd expect them to be more than a squad player.  I actually think it was a poor decision to sign him when it was so obvious that we needed a winger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s a real pisser as I’d hoped he’d be back at us for another year.

Very good attacking midfielder you’ve got though. He’s more than capable of playing in the Premiership.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s a real pisser as I’d hoped he’d be back at us for another year.

Very good attacking midfielder you’ve got though. He’s more than capable of playing in the Premiership.

They said the same about Euan Henderson, and he turned out to be crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we're getting...more central midfielders when we have 0 established full backs.

 

Christ.

Edited by Comrie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone moaning at the signing of Stephen Kelly you can come back to me half way through the season for this post but he’ll be our best signing this summer. Class above at Ayr Utd. Gerrard rates him highly which speaks volumes and rangers have given him a long term contract and a clause to bring him back in January so that shows how highly he’s rated. The boys is pure focussed on football doesn’t go about the town every week.

As bad as we were at Ayr Utd last season he ripped us apart.

Desperately need full backs and can’t believe why we let foster go, our most consistent full back for a good few year bar Naismith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

For anyone moaning at the signing of Stephen Kelly you can come back to me half way through the season for this post but he’ll be our best signing this summer. Class above at Ayr Utd. Gerrard rates him highly which speaks volumes and rangers have given him a long term contract and a clause to bring him back in January so that shows how highly he’s rated. The boys is pure focussed on football doesn’t go about the town every week.

As bad as we were at Ayr Utd last season he ripped us apart.

Desperately need full backs and can’t believe why we let foster go, our most consistent full back for a good few year bar Naismith.

Would you have a big team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, sophia said:

Would you have a big team?

Would certainly sound like it.  But as you well know, that’s exceptionally common north of Perth.  

I’d be very surprised if this guy isn’t back at Ibrox in January, not because of any clause but because he’s warming the bench.  Old Firm prospects more often than not are hype over substance.  

We’ve been down this route with Henderson, who was no better than any of the County players.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope this doesn't bump Paton out of the picture. SKSF persisted on playing Vigurs last year regardless of form so assuming he's a starter and Draper is match fit again, doesn't leave much space.

FULL. BACK. PLEASE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Would you have a big team?


Be pretty ‘staunch’ of me to make this account 4 years ago with the name RossCountyfan14 for the chance that county might sign a loan player from rangers which I could give praise to

I do think the boy will be good for us even though we are well covered in midfield but our defence does need some improvement and I haven’t a scooby who we’d even be looking at. Hopefully Donaldson can continue how he started and Grivo gets the opportunity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, central staggie said:

Hope this doesn't bump Paton out of the picture. SKSF persisted on playing Vigurs last year regardless of form so assuming he's a starter and Draper is match fit again, doesn't leave much space.

FULL. BACK. PLEASE.

I had forgotten that Spence had gone.  This guy is the new Spence, who was the old Henderson, the benchwarmer and fill in guy once Vigurs, Draper and the other bloke who hardly plays and who will clearly get the mutual agreement treatment,  have had their shot, but ahead of Paton for no apparent reason.    Two out, one in but still a log-jam.  Bewildering and superfluous signing.

As someone else said, it's looking very likely this is a 3-5-2 team now, which *might* excuse the lack of full backs, but doesn't excuse the chronic lack of width.  

To me, they still need: a first choice keeper and three  "wing-backs" of any description.  I really like St Mirren's signings - both of those players, Tait and Alnwick, should have been on County's radar. 

Edited by Savage Henry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping that County releasing a load of players to save money on their wages then getting Kelly on loan might have prompted a Twitter rant from Amy MacDonald but no such luck.

Edited by RiG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, central staggie said:

Hope this doesn't bump Paton out of the picture. SKSF persisted on playing Vigurs last year regardless of form so assuming he's a starter and Draper is match fit again, doesn't leave much space.

FULL. BACK. PLEASE.

I think Draper might be moving back to be the centre of a back three, Donaldson and Grivosti either side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...