yoda

The General Ross County Chat Thread

43 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I seen Amy Macdonald on Twitter having a not so sly dig at clubs not renewing contacts, so that would suggest that Foster could be gone.

I'd be a bit disappointed to see Foster not get another year, he's a good option to have.

2 hours ago, Aqy said:

image.png.cbba4cafb778ccadb4a7ad75df47979d.png

Thanks

It feels a bit rotten. Not sure why he couldn't be furloughed.

21 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

I'd be a bit disappointed to see Foster not get another year, he's a good option to have.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52740938

Ricky's having a moan to the BBC about it as well now. He's right, but I don't think putting pressure publicly on a small club is the right way to go about it. I'd 100% keep him for next season if we could afford it.

Total sympathy with the club here. We aren't a fucking charity. I love Scott Boyd but his entire role is clearly not going to exist for the foreseeable future. It's a no brainer. 

They could have furloughed him instead, fixed term contracts can be extended as part of the furlough scheme as long as HMRC had and RTI record for the person prior to the scheme being implemented.

Likewise players could be furloughed to ensure that they have some kind of income rather than be freed.

Absolutely, all non contract players should be given an extension until September and immediately furloughed at the 80%. Surely this would not cost the company anything?

Who is to say Ross County have the money to pay up to 10 unwanted players 80% of their wage for a few months? Yes they claim all the money at a later date (which takes ages and is a nightmare I'm led to believe) but doing that might prevent signing and strengthening the squad in pre-season to sign players we actually want.

Ross County always have money when they need new players. 

Roy in his interview stated that Scott Boyd was furloughed but as there will be no commercial department next season, they mutually agreed to make him redundant.

Roy also said that he wasn't prepared to furlough players when they weren't looking to retain them next season as this was dishonest and he wouldn't be doing it.

There are some big decisions to be made for almost every club in Scotland and there's a lot that aren't going to sit well with the fans. Even Roy isn't a bottomless pit of money we can dip into constantly. 

The accumulative losses continually written off by Roy each and every year would say different.

1st June will be interesting when we'll know who's getting free transferred.  

Did I pick it up wrong or did Roy say there would be no academy or reserve setup next season? Going to be a lot of players and staff out of work.

Did I pick it up wrong or did Roy say there would be no academy or reserve setup next season? Going to be a lot of players and staff out of work.

Yeah I thought he said that too, but I just dismissed it thinking I’d misheard.

Apologies if this has been discussed earlier in this thread, but any opinions on the 16yo striker James Graham who Rangers have agreed a fee for? The article in P&J says he was previously on trial at Liverpool and Man Utd and Leeds and Wolves are also interested

Foster

Kelly

Spence

McManus

Are being allowed to leave. Fraser and Morris offered new contracts. Really unsure about letting Kelly and Foster go.

1 hour ago, Mr Tourette said:

Apologies if this has been discussed earlier in this thread, but any opinions on the 16yo striker James Graham who Rangers have agreed a fee for? The article in P&J says he was previously on trial at Liverpool and Man Utd and Leeds and Wolves are also interested

He is from the Isle of Lewis, and by all accounts is our best prospect.  He has been in Scotland Squads, but outwith that I know very little.

County have released their whole youth team, and four first teamers - Spence, Kelly, McManus and Foster.  No furlough to be had.

1 hour ago, Mr Tourette said:

He's good. Have seen him play a couple of times now, definite talent there but all depends on how he develops. I'd rather see him play for us than sit in Sevco's youth setup but if there's a fee to be had (and maybe a sell-on?) can't really say no right now.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

Foster

Kelly

Spence

McManus

Are being allowed to leave. Fraser and Morris offered new contracts. Really unsure about letting Kelly and Foster go.

Not too fussed about Kelly, definitely improvement over his performance last year but still not top-six level which is really what we should be aiming for. McManus never really broke into the team outside of injury duty, and Spence was just a centre-circle hacker (already got Vigurs and Tillson for that). I am a bit annoyed about Foster going, he was by far our best full-back last season (maybe not saying much compared to Kelly and Fraser). At least we'll get some comedy from MacDonald having another club to moan about.

I think Roy's right enough in not wanting to string players along that aren't going to be kept on - feel bad for the youth squad though, some of them have been with the club for a long time. Saying that though, if they've been with the club that long you'd expect some of them to have made their way into the first team.

Surprised with the names of the players leaving. Foster was a consistent 7/10 player - knew what you were getting. Kelly, I thought, had improved a considerable amount even since the start of the season. Spence is understandable because we do have a lot of options in the middle of the park and his game time was becoming minimal by the end of the season. McManus clearly did well at Falkirk but don’t think he can cut the mustard at Premiership level. As I say, disappointed with Kelly and Foster leaving alongside the whole reserve team but it’s understandable as club preservation has to come first and no player is bigger than the club. As for the whole extending contract and furloughing players - it has to be a more complex procedure than some are assuming as do you not think those at the top of a Premiership football club would maybe have thought of doing that? Just a thought because I’m not sure this is how County wanted these players gone but I think it was the way they had to go about it.

What I have seen, though, is that Marcus Fraser has been offered a new contract. Utter shite this season and that’s what frustrates me about Kelly and Foster leaving because they were consistently better than Fraser, who got a free pass simply because he was captain.