yoda

The General Ross County Chat Thread

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Was just looking at Dingwall on Google street view, are there really only 2 pubs in the town centre, The Mallard and The Caledonian?

When did The Commercial shut?

You've also got the 147 and the Hen House (formerly The County Tavern also opposite the post office.

The Commercial shut at least a decade ago. The Viking went at least three years ago as well.

Edited by Comrie

The Injury curse hits again, this time it's Lee Erwin who falls victim.......it's like playing the pre-patched version of Football Manager at the moment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49486419

"He joins a lengthy injury list that includes Ross Draper, Don Cowie, Lewis Spence, Brian Graham, Michael Gardyne and Nathan Baxter."

Edited by Mackie The Staggie

The Injury curse hits again, this time it's Lee Erwin who falls victim.......it's like playing the pre-patched version of Football Manager at the moment.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49486419
"He joins a lengthy injury list that includes Ross Draper, Don Cowie, Lewis Spence, Brian Graham, Michael Gardyne and Nathan Baxter."

This isn’t normal.

As soon as ketts and Fergie take over permanently we have constant injuries, what are they doing to them in training!?

Promising to see we might have some players coming in still though!

12 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

I'm hoping to see Grivosti more - he was among the most positive in the Livi debacle. Might be a good substitute for Draper in that midfield role.

It's an interesting idea, difficult to just throw him into an unfamiliar position at premiership level though. Could work but it's risky.

I'd like to see him at Centre back again though as Fontaine is absolutely done at this level.

A full back and a centre mid in please and thanks Roy!

I’d have Grivosti at centre back before any of them. He will make the occasional mistake, but imo he is as good as any of the rest and unlike some will improve as we go on.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

One of our fans suggesting your the favourites for Foster.

Foster can play both flanks so I'd be fine with giving him a 12 month deal. He's certainly no downgrade on Fraser and Kelly at the moment.

One of our fans suggesting your the favourites for Foster.

It’s an easy link to make, but it makes a lot of sense in that 1. Ross County’s scouting department doesn’t exist and 2. They are lacking in cover in the full back areas.

I wouldn’t say no, but I’d like a real difference maker rather than yet another complimentary bits and pieces guy.

I read on twitter earlier that Callum Morris has been called up for the Northern Ireland squad, for their upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers, congratulations Callum!

18 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s an easy link to make, but it makes a lot of sense in that 1. Ross County’s scouting department doesn’t exist and 2. They are lacking in cover in the full back areas.

I wouldn’t say no, but I’d like a real difference maker rather than yet another complimentary bits and pieces guy.

Papers now running with it.

Papers now running with it.

County fans seem to be the one set of supporters he hasn’t fallen out with.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

County fans seem to be the one set of supporters he hasn’t fallen out with.

Tbf a lot of Saints fans liked him, myself included, but hes just had too many issues with the club. This was his third strike essentially (fight with team mate on the pitch and sent off/kicked down referees door and club fined/verbally abusing manager during training session).

16 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

I read on twitter earlier that Callum Morris has been called up for the Northern Ireland squad, for their upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers, congratulations Callum!

I think that's four players we've had gone on to play for Northern Ireland now?

Boyce, Webb, McGovern and now Morris?

I won't count Griffin or Sproule as they'd player for the national team before us and Morrow and Flynn never made the full national side from memory.

Fwiw I thought foster was very good for county and would welcome him back with open arms , he can also pick whichever flank he likes as he’s an upgrade on both sides

Foster's performances generally (he got off to a good start, which always helps when form maybe dips down the line) meant he got away with being thoroughly unlikeable. So in terms of what he'll offer with the ball at his feet, he should be fine. Will I miss having to support him, probably not. 

Yeah, a good solid signing. We're desperately short for both full back positions and Ricky Foster can cover both. In fact he could well be both our best right and left back.

Welcome back to the Highlands Ricky 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿😎👌